Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,
    Im programming the system, was told I needed to answer some questions

how is non linear dialogue systems implemented ?
    for non linear dialogue its based on commands sent from the excel sheet.

is there any way of calling events from certain dialoges?
    As for calling events, yes you can call events simply by making a command for it. Because the system is open the are many ways to achieve this

how do the dialogues interact with the blueprint interface
    based on what I know you should be able to add this to it with some minor adjustments

As Jarlan pointed out the system is built to be extendable to ones needs

Comment

It looks very cool but what about branching dialogue. In the video it only shows one level of conversation, can you nest conversations out, and how does that look on the excel sheet?

Comment

Originally posted by Colbra View Post
        Hi all,
        Im programming the system, was told I needed to answer some questions

for non linear dialogue its based on commands sent from the excel sheet.

As for calling events, yes you can call events simply by making a command for it. Because the system is open the are many ways to achieve this

based on what I know you should be able to add this to it with some minor adjustments

As Jarlan pointed out the system is built to be extendable to ones needs
        as for non linear dialogue system you really didn't answer my question cuzz in the demo he writes the dialogues in the same row that's linear but atleast i wasn't able to see how non linear could be there

and for the other two i'm assuming it isn't there currently and we'll have to come up with the solution later

i am realy looking forward two it wth or without the features mentioned so i hope you guys finish it and release it as soon as possible

Comment

Checking status

Just wanted to check the status of this project, its going to save me alot of time in my project and wanted to know if you are still on task.

Thanks for your hard work!

Comment

Originally posted by Osu_Peanuts View Post
            Just wanted to check the status of this project, its going to save me alot of time in my project and wanted to know if you are still on task.

Thanks for your hard work!
            We completed it a few weeks ago and have submitted it to Epic for review. That's where it stands now. Update video below.

Twitter - @JarlanPerez

[Released] Blueprint: Easy Dialogue System (BEDS)

Comment

Unfortunate that it has to pass through layers of bureaucracy before it'll become available. For those wanting to implement it sometime in the foreseeable future, can we buy it from you directly, or Gumroad, or anything now?

Comment

Working...
              X