X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes if it has multilingual functionality

Comment

Originally posted by drekmonger View Post
      I'm not really a potential customer, just wondering about some of the details for the sake of curiosity:

Does your system callback to the rest of the game in any way, and if so, how so? Like, if I select an option "Yes, I would like some healing please," is that somehow hooked back in, so that a healer NPC can then top off the player's HP? Stuff like that.

How interactive are the options? Can an option be displayed or disabled based on in-game information? Going back to the healer example, could the option for "Yes, I would..." be disabled if the player is already at max HP?
      We were mostly focus on the dialog aspect of things. There are inputs where you can set options but since every game will pretty much be different we focus on the core mechanics of it. It's easily extendable though.

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
      I was going to write a guide similar to this, But I love this so much that I much prefer your method of things! Great work! Can't wait to tinker with it!
      Thank a lot! We ended up making it out of necessity so we tried to make it as efficient as possible lol we went through many trails before getting to this point.

Originally posted by RodenJP View Post
      Yes if it has multilingual functionality
      We're actually working on that at the moment
      Twitter - @JarlanPerez

[Released] Blueprint: Easy Dialogue System (BEDS)

Comment

Yes indeed, I am coming over to Unreal from Unity, the best is https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11672, so if he does not port, you should take a close look at it, it has all the needed features and more, TY. I did not see it in the pic's or posts, but it does have the ability to fire off events via dialog and does it support quests, branching, etc, etc. TY.
        Last edited by williamian; 03-16-2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Hey guys I went ahead and put together a quick preview video. Not all of the features are complete or there but it gives you a sample of the core. I'll update the Original post with progress.

Twitter - @JarlanPerez

Comment

You mentioned that all the information was based in a Excel format, would this be able to be adapted to work with an SQL database? BTW this looks amazing!

Comment

This looks great Jarlan. Nice Work! =)
              W3 Studios

Comment

Sweet, familiar faces!
                I remember your cool stuff with robots from twitter!
                SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by NoisySpaceBalls View Post
                  You mentioned that all the information was based in a Excel format, would this be able to be adapted to work with an SQL database? BTW this looks amazing!
                  Thanks! I'm not sure how to do the setup to MySQL but in theory the excel sheet is reading just as a MySQL database would. The only is we have the excel sheet reading from a CSV format. I don't see why it wouldn't be able to be adapted since the storing methods are similar.

Originally posted by Devero View Post
                  This looks great Jarlan. Nice Work! =)
                  Thanks man

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                  Sweet, familiar faces!
                  I remember your cool stuff with robots from twitter!
                  haha robots, mechs and pretty much anything mechanical are my thing. I've been slacking posting to the forum since I do a lot of that on twitter. Trying to be better about that. Good to see you man!
                  Twitter - @JarlanPerez

Comment

So this is basically like a Mass Effect/RPG style system. Cool.

I've also been thinking about dialog systems but I'm going for something more dynamic, ala Valve's GDC 2012 presentation by Elan Ruskin (think Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, etc.) Blackboards and all that seem like they'd be useful, but I haven't worked with that much.

Comment

is this still in development? looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Aetherdyne View Post
                        So this is basically like a Mass Effect/RPG style system. Cool.

I've also been thinking about dialog systems but I'm going for something more dynamic, ala Valve's GDC 2012 presentation by Elan Ruskin (think Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, etc.) Blackboards and all that seem like they'd be useful, but I haven't worked with that much.
                        Yep, It's meant to be a simple solution for devs to use. It can be extended as needed but the basic components are there

Originally posted by SupermanofGaming View Post
                        is this still in development? looks good
                        Yep, we're getting close to completion. Just updated the original post.
                        Twitter - @JarlanPerez

Comment

Pls dont forget an Option to add Voice files and maybe lipsynch. Very important

Comment

Originally posted by Kanizitas View Post
                            Pls dont forget an Option to add Voice files and maybe lipsynch. Very important
                            Yes, a system to handle the necessary blendshapes for lip sync would be important. If this is all based in Excel I'm curious how well it would handle non-linear dialogue?
                            PSX Shaders | Gangster Weapon Pack | Free Weapon Pack | Various Free Models

Comment

hi
                              are you planning to release this on Gumroad because marketplace takes ages so it would be a lot quicker just to release it on gumroad for the peope that need it as soon as possible like me.
                              thanks

Comment

This looks pretty Awesome looking forward to it just a few questions:

how is non linear dialogue systems implemented ?

is there any way of calling events from certain dialoges?

how do the dialogues interact with the blueprint interface meaning you could alter the dialogues based on blueprint and the opposite (for example having the player name replace a variable in the dialogue for example Jerry : "hello "PlayerName" ")

Comment

Working...
                                X