This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unreal Marketplace Improvement and Feedback Thread

So now that the rating system has been included what else is everyone looking to get out of the Market Place. I think we're at a good place where we as a community can lay out our wants and desires for how the Market Place can best place to buy and sell assets.

For me the biggest issue is the lack of control that creators have over prices and updates. This really makes the marketplace come off as hulking and inflexible. Hopefully this kind of flexibility and control can be implemented sooner rather than later as competition in the Market Place picks up and we have to respond instantly to new packs that might price themselves under what's already there. Moreover updates take way too long and some users have begun considering using gum road as a backup so that they can supply their supports with updates now rather than sooner. This is completely backwards.

What does the community think? What is necessary for the Marketplace to be improved? Everyone should post their requests and I'll keep them updated here at the top of the thread so that Epic can keep track of what updates the community wants most.

• Flexible Pricing Controls
    • Disproportionate Pricing to Quality Regulation By Epic
    • Incorporating Updates Sooner
    • Creators Can Set Items On Sale
    • Mandatory Videos & Demos for Items on Sale
    • Game Type Asset Usage Limitations
    • Marketplace Exclusivity vs. Origins
    • Mandatory Blueprint Previews
    • Model Viewer
    • Content Streaming For Previews
    • Sub-Categories For Searching More Specifically
    • Ability to Sell Individuals Items vs. Bulk
    • Submission, Voting, Content delivery, and General Response Times are Excessive
    • Market Place Voting Integrated Into The Unreal Launcher
    • Local-Currency Pricing
    • Statistics
    • New Ratings for Every Major Update + Ability to View Ratings for Previous Versions
    • Graph Showing Average Score Per Version Update
    • More Detailed Selling Stats
    • Ability to Leave Comments on Reviews
    • Content Providers Maintain Free Access to their Products
    Last edited by qdelpeche; 07-30-2015, 04:14 AM.

• replied
    It would be nice if we could sell localized assets as separate products. The reason is simple. As it stands we have to include them with the original product thus increasing the price. This way a person who desires a specific language is forced to pay for the additional languages regardless if they need it or not which is unfair. It also hurts sales because the asset is less desirable for the aforementioned reason. In most marketplaces localized products are considered separate products.

Case on point my Danger Signs Decals. They where selling well before the inclusion of the extra language, which I didn't even charge as double the price. Sales dropped because of the increased price. The result is that any future plans for localization are canceled because as it stands it makes no financial sense neither for the customers/developers nor me. I can't keep increasing the prices with each added language and I'm sure people would want to buy said assets in other languages besides English as separate asset pack and not as an overpriced multilingual pack.

Just for a reference the plan was to localize the Danger Signs Decals and the upcoming Marine Signs Decals in the following languages. Russian, Chinese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Turkish and Greek.

Having assets in languages other than English makes the assets and the marketplace appealing to a wider audience not to mention it is a missed opportunity for other creators. Plus I firmly believe that localized assets are useful to everyone. Please reconsider this policy.
    Last edited by Sutorcen; 01-22-2019, 02:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JohnADaniels View Post
    When is there going to be filtering options for assets that I purchase. I have so many and it would be great to sort them by newest or which ones are cached. it would be great to filter by type also.
    I agree such a feature is severely needed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When is there going to be filtering options for assets that I purchase. I have so many and it would be great to sort them by newest or which ones are cached. it would be great to filter by type also.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Now I don't know if this can count as a market place improvement or if someone had mentioned it before already, Totally new to the marketplace. But I suppose anything that helps the publishers and encourages the availability of quality content on the market place should be considered.

Many international sellers cannot actually withdraw money from Paypal. and would have to pick wire transfer as a payment method. Is there any chance to enable picking your amount threshold for the wire payout?
    100$ is terribly low and means a lot of money will go to bank charges.
    Turbosquid for example gives you the option to pick your transfer threshold up to 3,000$ and doesn't even allow payments less than 250$ and Unity asset store makes wire transfers every quarter which is a lot better than receiving a small payment every month while paying a good portion of it to the bank.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there any chance we can get an add to wishlist button? Maybe even for Epic Games on the store as well? I desperately want to leave it on a list somewhere easily!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Useful! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
    Where do you get the CSV file from?
    From the reports, there is a small download button next to the submit button

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Where do you get the CSV file from?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A very basic version is out: https://github.com/gabeeedev/marketplace_stat
    The source code is a mess tho. (for the time being)
    Last edited by Gabeee; 01-14-2019, 04:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm gonna be honest, there were so many good ideas but the only thing Epic implemented was the tag system. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be toxic but it's not actually that hard to implement some of these awesome functions I'm currently working on a proper statistics thingy that uses the csv file. I'll post it here once it reaches a decent state.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

The problem is that people just don't rate the assets they purchase, ofc there are exceptions, but several cases have sold thousand units and like a dozen ratings only, which is sad and breaks the purpose of such system. When the asset is bad, most people currently go there to place a 1 or 2 stars, but these are few cases. One important item I think would be nice to have is the amount of sales for that assets or at least something telling the numeric range of sales: 0, 10-50, 50-100, 100-250, 250-500, so based on the current rating we could understand which is the feeling people purchasing that asset is having about it.
    Perhaps the reason people aren't rating purchases is that there is currently no use. It doesn't matter if it's rated or not because there is no functionality to search for high ratings. A popular asset doesn't always mean that it's a quality asset, but generally, yes I agree that this would be a good indicator. Having the option to sort by both average rating and by popularity seems like a decent solution here.

Perhaps adding more of a review system would benefit the marketplace, allowing others to mark the review as helpful (or some sort of voting system). You can comment on assets in the marketplace right now, but anyone can comment on it (even those that haven't purchased the product). Trusted curators leaving reviews is also a viable option. It all depends on the amount of work Epic is willing to put into it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

The problem is that people just don't rate the assets they purchase, ofc there are exceptions, but several cases have sold thousand units and like a dozen ratings only, which is sad and breaks the purpose of such system. When the asset is bad, most people currently go there to place a 1 or 2 stars, but these are few cases. One important item I think would be nice to have is the amount of sales for that assets or at least something telling the numeric range of sales: 0, 10-50, 50-100, 100-250, 250-500, so based on the current rating we could understand which is the feeling people purchasing that asset is having about it.
    That;s a really good idea to show the number of permanent sales. Also instead of stars, maybe a simpler rating system like vs dislike which people can only use that own the product. For instance 10 likes, 100 dislikes would show up on a particular product. Then you can sort products by the like to dislike ratio & also sort by the number of sales. What if Epic gave a very small discount if you rate a product as an incentive?
    Last edited by Pine722; 01-12-2019, 11:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AxionRL View Post
    I would like an option to sort marketplace items by average rating. This would not only help customers find quality content, but would also helps the content creator's sales. The marketplace, in its current state, makes it difficult to find quality content. As new items are added to the marketplace, quality content is pushed further down the list (reducing creator exposure).

I've seen suggestions like this before, but never received a response from the devs. Are there any plans to add this functionality?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AxionRL View Post
    I would like an option to sort marketplace items by average rating. This would not only help customers find quality content, but would also helps the content creator's sales. The marketplace, in its current state, makes it difficult to find quality content. As new items are added to the marketplace, quality content is pushed further down the list (reducing creator exposure).

I've seen suggestions like this before, but never received a response from the devs. Are there any plans to add this functionality?
    I was thinking about something similar, altough I would have a seperate section, just like new contents where the old ones get pushed forward. (Every year/half year/maybe quarter?) Sales do the job but overall, devs lose a lot despite the fact that they update their content.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X