This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unreal Marketplace Improvement and Feedback Thread

So now that the rating system has been included what else is everyone looking to get out of the Market Place. I think we're at a good place where we as a community can lay out our wants and desires for how the Market Place can best place to buy and sell assets.

For me the biggest issue is the lack of control that creators have over prices and updates. This really makes the marketplace come off as hulking and inflexible. Hopefully this kind of flexibility and control can be implemented sooner rather than later as competition in the Market Place picks up and we have to respond instantly to new packs that might price themselves under what's already there. Moreover updates take way too long and some users have begun considering using gum road as a backup so that they can supply their supports with updates now rather than sooner. This is completely backwards.

What does the community think? What is necessary for the Marketplace to be improved? Everyone should post their requests and I'll keep them updated here at the top of the thread so that Epic can keep track of what updates the community wants most.

• Flexible Pricing Controls
    • Disproportionate Pricing to Quality Regulation By Epic
    • Incorporating Updates Sooner
    • Creators Can Set Items On Sale
    • Mandatory Videos & Demos for Items on Sale
    • Game Type Asset Usage Limitations
    • Marketplace Exclusivity vs. Origins
    • Mandatory Blueprint Previews
    • Model Viewer
    • Content Streaming For Previews
    • Sub-Categories For Searching More Specifically
    • Ability to Sell Individuals Items vs. Bulk
    • Submission, Voting, Content delivery, and General Response Times are Excessive
    • Market Place Voting Integrated Into The Unreal Launcher
    • Local-Currency Pricing
    • Statistics
    • New Ratings for Every Major Update + Ability to View Ratings for Previous Versions
    • Graph Showing Average Score Per Version Update
    • More Detailed Selling Stats
    • Ability to Leave Comments on Reviews
    • Content Providers Maintain Free Access to their Products
    Last edited by qdelpeche; 07-30-2015, 04:14 AM.

• replied
    I would really like to see a sort by rating feature added to the sort criteria as there is no easy way to search popular highly rated assets. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post

Every time I submit anything, takes months.
    Frustrating is the name of the game :]
    Originally posted by David Hattori View Post

Wow..
    And I thought, it takes around 15 days.
    Considering it took them 5-6 months to fix a critical marketplace bug, it is not surprising that content would take months to get uploaded, because they are severely understaffed.
    Last edited by Pine722; 05-17-2019, 08:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post

Wow..
    And I thought, it takes around 15 days.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by David Hattori View Post
    My package is now under "pending approval" for almost 20 days :/
    Is that normal? I'm getting a bit nervous to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My package is now under "pending approval" for almost 20 days :/
    Is that normal? I'm getting a bit nervous to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by U N E A S Y View Post
    In order to deal with increasing market, I want (pray)a analysis tool by unit of year/quarter/up to now.
    (like pie chart,line graph,gantt chart.)
    it is urgent and important to find market trends and our problem.
    additionally,this year is already 2019.it will be faster in future.
    Sincerely,thanks.
    Thank you for the feedback. Our Marketplace team is working to implement changes to the Marketplace. I, as much as you all, that it could happen faster, but it is taking time. I know you're probably sick of hearing that - but that is where we're at.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by U N E A S Y View Post
    In order to deal with increasing market, I want (pray)a analysis tool by unit of year/quarter/up to now.
    Sincerely,thanks.
    #ThingsWeveAskedForForYears

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In order to deal with increasing market, I want (pray) to have a analysis tool by unit of year/quarter/up to now.
    Sincerely,thanks.
    Last edited by U N E A S Y; 05-05-2019, 12:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another vote for getting email notifications from comments on product page.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can we have the start date at report starting from the current month instead of the beginning of last month?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My suggestion is simply:-
    1-Adding a more profound categorized search in the market place
    2-Adding the same within the Library vault section added to it a category called"requires update". I'm asking for this because I currently have more than 300 assets in my vault and the vault is growing rapidly because I'm buying more and more assets each day.
    3-Adding a favourite or "desire to buy" list at the market place, something like what Amazon Store has would be appreciated. As we can mark things there to be purchased at a later stage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Early Bird Discount

New content publications should have the option to be released with an introduction discount, since this would benefit the MarketPlace users who actively monitor the market, in relation to the frequency of their visits. Often the decision becomes if you can wait for the episodic sales, or for a random discount, which happen only after weeks, if at all.

EBD would contribute to the content rating,since introduction discounts would generate ratings much earlier on.
    EBD would help content creators, there could be less time from production and publishing until they receive the first pay check. They could also make this decision when publishing for the first time.
    EBD supports active users, potentially rewarding them for visiting the market more frequently
    EBD supports low budget developers, discounts could be available earlier, or help to assess if a creator will offer discounts in the future

It makes perfect sense to introduce an Early Bird discount option for creators and buyers.
    Last edited by unit23; 04-09-2019, 05:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WellActually View Post
    DsyD aWinter Cpt.Trips ClockworkOcean The sorting fix is live.
    Cool, thanks! Looks good...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That would be nice if we had a notification system for new content.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X