Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree with the metrics suggestion. That can have the potential to limit creativity of the developer. As long as it adheres to the 10cm grid it should be fine.

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Hi! My suggestion is visible content version number on the content marketplace window/subpage, what do you think? I don't want to wonder which version of file it exactly is, if the update has already been implemented or not.
      Regards

Comment

The folder layout for content to be added to a project VERY much needs to be rehashed!

Instead of:
        Content\{ProjectName}\{Type; ie: Textures}\filename.ext

it needs to follow a more sane level of naming.. such as:
        Content\{Type}\{ProjectName}\filename.ext

This way I don't have to keep spending time moving assets around to keep everything tidy in the project hierarchy.
        WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
        World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
        WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Jones View Post
          [*]When I make the big blog post writeups about each release that week, is this actually interesting or helpful to anyone?
          Not really. Not at such an early stage in the development of the marketplace.

[*]What's the first place you actually find out about new releases? Is it the blog post, the forum, or do you just log into the Marketplace and see the 'NEW' labeled items?
          Ongoing threads started from the Content Creators themselves + 'New' labeled items.

[*]Would a Marketplace Twitter account be interesting?
          Not now, maybe later when the cupboard isn't so bare.

Comment

Originally posted by crumbaker
            To be honest, No to all your questions(except#2, the answer is the launcher or forums) we just want more quicker releases, all the time and effort you're putting into that I think would be wasted. All the information we want would be on the sellers marketplace page, and further questions in a forum post. I say let people vote on things they buy, if something continuously gets low votes take it down. Love ue4's engine, and think it's far better than Unity, except the marketplace.

I agree with you. I think between a seller putting stuff on the marketplace and being able to buy it should never be more than 1 week. If Epic want's to do some QA during this week they may do, but if they don't find time for this, then they just shouldn't. Every pack on the marketplace should have a detailed video to show the quality of the content.
            And Sellers should be able to upload updates immediately to the marketplace without any Epic staff doing anything.
            Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
            Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

1. I like the blog post. It's like a commercial for the new packs.
              2. I usually find out about new releases from the blog post.
              3. I don't use Twitter, but I'm not opposed to the idea.

I agree with some of the others who want more releases per week. Release as many as you guys can process.

Necro's Bone Box, Necro's Utility Material Pack, Necro's Utility Material Pack #2, Necro's Rock Box, Necro's Tool Box on the UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

When a pack is updated, can you post update notes in the launcher - directly in the asset? I see an update but hesitate to download it because I don't know what has changed and how it will affect my game. This matters a lot considering how heavily some bought packages are edited after being purchased, but will be an absolute requirement once you start accepting C++ plugins on the marketplace. If we don't have clear update notes associated with each update, then clicking the update and add to project button would be similar to asking to be kicked in the nuts.

Comment

I also noticed just now that the realistic landscape pack (you know, the one who's high price tag started the whole landscape asset war on the forums) has dropped in price from $150 to $50. I think this is a great move in the right direction for this asset pack, but nothing was mentioned about it being on sale on the marketplace. Even if its not a sale but a new permanent price, why not advertise it? Seems like you might losing potential buyers.

Comment

I like to be able to access the marketplace without unreal, when I'm traveling or without the UE4, I cannot go into the store.

Comment

You should be able to access it via the web browser. The menu at the top of the page can take you there.

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Originally posted by protegedev View Post
                        I like to be able to access the marketplace without unreal, when I'm traveling or without the UE4, I cannot go into the store.
                        https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace
                        Spline-Enabled Fence Pack - "Great pack, huge time-saver, top quality and enough variety to really make the assets unique." -Dark Acre Jack
                        Destructible Road Signs - "Seriously awesome. Single blueprint for pretty much all the road signs you'll ever need." -thankstipscom
                        Zipline/Teleporter/JumpPad - "This is a very flexible system for any project, and really simple to implement." -lunyBunny
                        Wooden Storage Pack - "Very good high quality assets and well worth it." -Deathweave
                        Digital Portfolio

Comment

thanks! couldn't find this link via google search

Comment

I think the ultimate solution for automating the marketplace and increasing the quantity of items should be simple:

Let the wallets be the judges

This could be achieved by:

A) Deep filters for categories: like Environments / Buildings / Houses / Medieval / Low Poly
                            This could be achieved by check boxes in each category, like in filters. A filter combination of House, Medieval and Sci-Fi may seem weird, but who knows if a Final Fantasy-style castle will pop up?

B) Let more items in the marketplace.

C) Set a combination of sales cap and a maximum quantity of items per category.
                            For example, only items that after some time makes a certain amount of money, or only 100 items in a certain unique category.

D) Set an uniform price policy among similar items, so that is price fairness across the marketplace.

E) Let the rating systems as is.

The problem with the current system is:

A) It is slow.

B) Very few items.

C) Scarce categorization

D) The staff that chooses items for voting are not the ones that will choose to use it.

E) The users that vote for it may or may not be the ones that will buy it.

For those that feel this could crowd the marketplace with meh items, as subjective as good and bad is, the sales cap and maximum quantity of items in an unique category should naturally take care of that, as what one may think won't sell may actually do, and what they think will may not.
                            Last edited by radt; 03-31-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Just a thought, but maybe this thread should be sticky so it won't be lost in the sea of marketplace threads? The more people that see and submit feedback here the better. =)

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                                Just a thought, but maybe this thread should be sticky so it won't be lost in the sea of marketplace threads? The more people that see and submit feedback here the better. =)
                                Good idea! Done!

Comment

Working...
                                X