Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a content creator, I would really love if there was more encouragement for users to leave feeback for your item. Maybe with some kind of delay so they have had a chance to use it. I've been selling for about a year and a half now, and only one or 2 people have left a review.

This is detrimental for both the developer and potential buyers.

Also, it would be really, really great to have some kind of seller analytics. Where did my buyers come from? Are they returns? What did they search for? This is desperately needed.
    Ginger Beard Gaming Studios
    Ginger Beard Gaming Studios Website
    Facebook Page
    Art Station Profile
    Unreal Marketplace Products
    Itch Games Page

Comment

Wishlists are sorely needed. It's a big driver of sales at Steam. You see something you like and its overpriced and put it on wishlist. Then get an email notification when an item on your wishlist goes on sale. That benefits both the buyer and the seller.

Comment

A Linux Client to download Marketplace Assets OR a sane API to handle logins to the marketplace (currently 3rd party tools have to mess with the captcha service used to handle logins, fake a browser client and hope that nothing breaks the login procedure (which happens quit a lot as the captcha workarounds aren't reliable)

It's really nice to have an Engine which supports Linux at all, but being cut out of the Marketplace is something which can't be in the interest of Epic)

Comment

I know this probably isn't how this works, but if you're looking for ideas of things to put on sale or a monthly freebie (which I always appreciate), some ideas could be Movement Animset Pro, Smart AI, Mixamo Animation Retargeting, or anything by MAWI United GmbH, Brushify, MoCap Online, or Defect. I'm not demanding anything, and I usually buy whatever I need regardless, I just figured I'd throw these out there. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by J.C. Smith View Post
            Wishlists are sorely needed.
            With the OnSale section getting more and more overcrowded and Epic now placing a limit on how much of a discount creators can set (reduced from 90% to now 50%), that section lost most of its discoverability - with 20+ pages of products discounted by 50% it's not really feasible any longer to browse the whole thing regularly. Wishlist with email notification is a must - or at least a filter option to only show Favorites that are on sale.

The unofficial wishlist at www.unrealsales.io is nice, but a built-in feature would be preferable.
            [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
            [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
            [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

im having issues with the publisher portal, i cant seem to make drafts even when i submit for approval it is nowhere to be found on my products tab, repeated the process over 5 times now and genuinly getting frustrated

Comment

I haven't been able to download any assets from the Marketplace since yesterday. I keep getting this message:

Due to high demand, bandwidth in your region is temporary limited.
                I guess this has something to do with GTAV being free atm. I wish the "Game Store" infrastructure would be separated from the Marketplace, so that stuff like that doesn't happen. I won't be able to progress with my work until this is over, and it wouldn't surprise me if it last for a week or more.

EDIT: I should probably make it clear, that what the Launcher means by "limited" is "limited to 0". I left my PC running overnight. Not a single byte of progress after over 12 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by skunkiferous View Post
                  I haven't been able to download any assets from the Marketplace since yesterday. I keep getting this message:

I guess this has something to do with GTAV being free atm. I wish the "Game Store" infrastructure would be separated from the Marketplace, so that stuff like that doesn't happen. I won't be able to progress with my work until this is over, and it wouldn't surprise me if it last for a week or more.

EDIT: I should probably make it clear, that what the Launcher means by "limited" is "limited to 0". I left my PC running overnight. Not a single byte of progress after over 12 hours.

Also currently unable to download any new purchases or older piurchases within the past year, however im getting the "unavaliable" marker pop up and their not showing or disappearing from my vault (the launcher one not the browser)

Comment

I WISH ... THERE WAS A WISHLIST in the Marketplace where I can store the things I want to buy in the future or find interesting to explore at a later stage.
                    Like on the Steam platform. Would be really really handy.

Thanks Epic

Comment

Need sort option like by popularity, by rating. will help a lot finding good stuff and purchase.

Comment

What is necessary for the Marketplace to be improved?
                        A BETTER SUPPORT ABROAD!
                        I'm trying to buy a kit on Marketplace in my country (Brazil) by a bank slip (invoice) and I had problems. The support in my country is atrocious. I've tried to talk with Epic' support and I'm pretty sure that was a bot I was talking with, because he (or it) couldn't understand a simple question. Now I paid for the product and I don't even know if I'll receive it. And I need to buy a lot of stuff in the marketplace. After that, what can I do if there's no customer's support?

Comment

One thing I'd like to mention is that the search algorithm on the Marketplace is weirdly exclusionary when it comes to tags and titles. If I make a package called "Sports stuff" and it has "Baseball" as a tag, someone who just searches "Baseball" would see the package in their search results, but if they search "Baseball bat" the package would not appear in the results, due to not being tagged with "Bat". It's a weird system that leads to having to put in secondary tags that take away from potentially more important tags due to the 15 tag limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher2012 View Post
                            As a content creator, I would really love if there was more encouragement for users to leave feeback for your item.
                            I came here to make a suggestion about this from a user's perspective. It seems that there is no way to give a rating to an asset without leaving a full detailed review! For many of the assets I've purchased I'd like to give kudos to the artist or developer but have no meaningful comments to provide.

Click image for larger version

Name:	reviews.png
Views:	65
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1771973

We might see a bump in feedback for marketplace assets if users were able to provide ratings without being required to leave a detailed review.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminal Access View Post
                              Also currently unable to download any new purchases or older piurchases within the past year, however im getting the "unavaliable" marker pop up and their not showing or disappearing from my vault (the launcher one not the browser)
                              Sorry I did not see your reply before, *It's a know Unreal Launcher bug!* The only fix is to contact the support and have them create a second account for you, if you have the same problem as me.

Comment

Originally posted by skunkiferous View Post

Sorry I did not see your reply before, *It's a know Unreal Launcher bug!* The only fix is to contact the support and have them create a second account for you, if you have the same problem as me.
                                I've had that issue frequently, but lately, it went away.
                                It seems to be a validation issue, Launcher seems to be working in offline mode and only checks against your local Vault but not your account's library.
                                [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
                                [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
                                [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

Working...
                                X