This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yeah, at first I thought maybe 1 in 100 people might rate you, but going by sales/ratings on my stuff it's more like 1 in 1000.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I should have by now over 10.000 ratings... But only a couple 20s or so come back to rate anything.

* sad face *

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't speak for other people but my off-sale products moved have increased over time. That said every time there's a sale I drop everything to a 95% discount and match what I make the rest of the year in a single day.

Leave a comment:

• replied

I see more and more sellers increasing prices on the Marketplace and telling that the number of copies sold is getting lower so they are forced to increase the price? So is Epic Games fault and the Marketplace is not doing well anymore or are the sellers not telling the truth ? If prices keep increasing surely the number of copies sold can only get lower, less people will buy expensive products. Epic Games should do something about that now because if the Marketplace is having issues then those must be fixed to boost sales as much as possible otherwise if sellers are not telling the truth then Epic Games should even pay developers of the best assets available for Unity only to make an UE4 version for the Marketplace to enforce competition so obliging sellers to lower their prices.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would like for all assets to follow the same standard for Shipping.
    I have recently bought a Animation set and for the first time since i started with UE 4.
    The animations are not divided into individual sequences\ actions and has (e.g: All strafes in one sequence that last for over 40 seconds.)

Furthermore the product page states that its with root motion and in-place.
    But pack only has root, (they fixed this for me and sendt me in-place on a private download.) so that is good.

But this now forces me to hassel them to get the animations i need when updated.
    It have provided me with a bunch of issues that i never expected on the UE 4 marketplace.
    It has now left me hesetant on getting any new assets as i don`t know what to expect any more.

The only reason i don`t mention what pack it is, is because am stile in contact with the publisher.
    And hope to get it resolved, (me calling out the pack in public don`t help anyone.) but since i cant find a proper channel for this i am leaving it here.
    If someone from epic would get in touch with me that be great.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    when you consider that content creators get 4 weeks to update, now Epic adds 3 weeks on top taht lease you with upto 7-8 weeks delay after an engine update, might as well go back to the 90's with updates on magazine cd's, trust me i understand standards must be kept to but this sort of thing puts me off buying anything from the mp

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Geodav View Post
    How about getting the content updated to the latest engine release, been a long term user of a certain product, the author states that he submitted an update over 2 weeks ago and still nothing on the launcher, seems that the older plans for author to automatically update their products hasn't happen.
    tbh if i was a studio i would completely by-pass the market place because of this.
    MP once receive the package update ask us creators for 10-15 business days which might extend if they find anything we need to fix during review, so 2 weeks are just right there in the lowest possible release time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How about getting the content updated to the latest engine release, been a long term user of a certain product, the author states that he submitted an update over 2 weeks ago and still nothing on the launcher, seems that the older plans for author to automatically update their products hasn't happen.
    tbh if i was a studio i would completely by-pass the market place because of this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic has got to incentivize buyers, or remind them through the interface, to take a moment and rate the products they've purchased. From my experience, the majority of buyers whom have gotten exactly what they wanted do not give out a rating at all. The rating system is barely being used compared to the amount of people that have made purchases.

Also, I recommend that people posting comments - or reviews - on marketplace listings have an automated disclosure within their post stating whether or not they're a verified owner of the product they're giving their opinion on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Idea for mp view: Let us "subscribe" to categories and then show us a personalized feed with new releases, updates and sales (each optional filters).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

It is a bug which was introduced on latest fix and they are already aware and working on this.
    After the whole Facebook and social media scandal stuff I was thinking they could have decided to make comments anonymous all of a sudden for the privacy nonsense or something like that..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post
    All comments on marketplace items now have an "unknown" author ... is that a database bug or will it be that way from now on ?
    It is a bug which was introduced on latest fix and they are already aware and working on this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All comments on marketplace items now have an "unknown" author ... is that a database bug or will it be that way from now on ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bug? The Marketplace "New Content" showing me the same assets since 3 weeks on the "newest" positions. Nothing new is uploadet in this period? I find something new in middle of the assets etc. but should the real new stuff not shown on Position 1?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nasenohrring; 04-11-2018, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
    The trick is to select the text block of the first comment as a watched element, and then when it changes you'll be notified.
    Would be more useful to select the whole comment section, if that's possible (at least the first page), there might be responses to already existing comments as well, especially after you engage in someone's question.

There are several services like that, so far I've used visualping.io - it tests from the cloud and sends notifications directly, (free version is limited in queries per month, 60x or so, though nothing is stopping anyone from creating multiple accounts...). It is possible to select a section or test for "significant changes", but haven't tried it with the marketplace yet.

Good idea though.

Edit: The plugin looks really useful, was easy enough to set up, even covering all comments on the first page.
    Last edited by Cpt.Trips; 04-05-2018, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X