X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    Nice thread indeed
    I think Improved rating system that take into account updates is worth mentioning. Basically like Apple system - new rating for each major update and ability to look at old rating/reviews
    I actually supported this in another thread, but began wondering if such a system is possible or easy to implement? Then there's the whole prospect of resetting ratings once a new version is released. I haven't had anyone report issues with my SciFi: Hallways pack, but submitted a 2.0 update which expands the asset library. There wouldn't really be any need to reset the ratings for that, and I'm not sure if customers would be writing new reviews every time an update whether it fixes bugs or adds content is released.

In my opinion, they should allow the customer to edit their comments and star ratings. I personally have already run into an issue with my pack when a customer accidentally hit 2 stars when he was trying to hit 5, and the current system won't let him change it. I noticed a few other users around the forum report the same thing. Allowing users to adjust their ratings and comments at any time will not only resolve this issue, but also provide a much easier solution to multiple versions by allowing people to change their ratings/reviews if an issue is rectified in a later version.

That's just my take on it however. =)
    Last edited by SE_JonF; 02-28-2015, 11:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some things I'd love to see:

Profiles:

A storefront profile to showcase the items you've created.
    Customer Ratings - Purchasers rate you
    Item Ratings - Purchasers rate the items they purchase

Here's some examples:
    http://i.imgur.com/6JMOxuq.png
    http://i.imgur.com/ovdKyr0.png
    http://i.imgur.com/2U22Kxd.png

Co-creation:

Some kind of mechanism put in place to allow people to co-create and split up funds.

Support:

If someone has an issue - instead of emailing you directly they can write a support ticket you can then answer.

Many of the other online marketplaces have these features and I'm sure they are "in the works" but yeah it'd be nice to have!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice thread indeed
    I think Improved rating system that take into account updates is worth mentioning. Basically like Apple system - new rating for each major update and ability to look at old rating/reviews

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If anyone wants to add any pros or cons to any suggestion I'll add them to the OP as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Model Viewer

Sketchfab are working on a PBR viewer ? i am wrong ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think Trello really doesn't work for this.
    Submitted assets should have a tab in launcher and allow any user to vote instead of hunting for trello cards which I believe almost nobody does that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updated every suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As a Seller id like to see some statistics. that would be wonderful

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good thread folks, let's try to keep this one on track

If nobody has said it already, I'd like to have local-currency pricing on Marketplace when I'm logged in. I posted a thread on this a few days ago.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    - Trello voting is lacking, it just doesn't reach enough people. I think Epic needs to integrate the voting system into their Unreal Launcher.

- Submission, voting, content delivery, and general response times are insane. The Marketplace curators are wonderful, but I think they're just swamped with content review. Perhaps there's internal debates or review process that makes this process extra long. It takes many days(weeks) to get a response before the voting process even begin.

- Let the content creator have the ability to sell something as individual assets vs bulk. I much rather see the option to buy one shader from a creator for $1, then have to buy the entire bundle for $20. I rather not buy it, like many people here have expressed.

- Have a better way of sorting or adding sub categories in the marketplace. Even though the number of content is small at the moment, it's already overwhelming to find what you need. Sort by price? Show Free items only?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic should outsource asset update reviews to mods here on the forums (and other places if necessary).

Also, the Trello voting board is an excellent showcase of how motivated the community is to get their hands on assets created by the community. The only problem is that the voting board doesn't seem to really make the process simpler right now - it feels like a hollow system that's currently appeasing the community but not really driving marketplace publishes. Figuring out how to more substantially involve the community in the marketplace submission process should not only speed up the process in general, but would also be yet another step towards building a stronger community.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is awesome feedback. Please keep it coming!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would love to be able to stream the actual content for viewing. It could have some kind of encryption to prevent editing. the included overview level would be fine. This would allow each potential user determine if the content meets their needs or not. The voting and comment system are already huge improvments. I would like to see the votes on the launcher.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I said it before, we need a model viewer like Unity Player for the Unity Store. This way rather than being taken in by potential problems we'd be fully aware of how the model will display within the engine. Preferential that it contains the same LoD, tri, vert, uv channels, and collision preview found within viewing meshes in-engine.

Something like this and no one could complain about quality.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great stuff guys. Updated. What else?
    Last edited by CheapModeler; 02-27-2015, 05:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X