Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you consider that content creators get 4 weeks to update, now Epic adds 3 weeks on top taht lease you with upto 7-8 weeks delay after an engine update, might as well go back to the 90's with updates on magazine cd's, trust me i understand standards must be kept to but this sort of thing puts me off buying anything from the mp
    UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
    ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

I would like for all assets to follow the same standard for Shipping.
      I have recently bought a Animation set and for the first time since i started with UE 4.
      The animations are not divided into individual sequences\ actions and has (e.g: All strafes in one sequence that last for over 40 seconds.)

Furthermore the product page states that its with root motion and in-place.
      But pack only has root, (they fixed this for me and sendt me in-place on a private download.) so that is good.

But this now forces me to hassel them to get the animations i need when updated.
      It have provided me with a bunch of issues that i never expected on the UE 4 marketplace.
      It has now left me hesetant on getting any new assets as i don`t know what to expect any more.

The only reason i don`t mention what pack it is, is because am stile in contact with the publisher.
      And hope to get it resolved, (me calling out the pack in public don`t help anyone.) but since i cant find a proper channel for this i am leaving it here.
      If someone from epic would get in touch with me that be great.

Thank you.

Comment

I see more and more sellers increasing prices on the Marketplace and telling that the number of copies sold is getting lower so they are forced to increase the price? So is Epic Games fault and the Marketplace is not doing well anymore or are the sellers not telling the truth ? If prices keep increasing surely the number of copies sold can only get lower, less people will buy expensive products. Epic Games should do something about that now because if the Marketplace is having issues then those must be fixed to boost sales as much as possible otherwise if sellers are not telling the truth then Epic Games should even pay developers of the best assets available for Unity only to make an UE4 version for the Marketplace to enforce competition so obliging sellers to lower their prices.

Comment

I can't speak for other people but my off-sale products moved have increased over time. That said every time there's a sale I drop everything to a 95% discount and match what I make the rest of the year in a single day.

Comment

I should have by now over 10.000 ratings... But only a couple 20s or so come back to rate anything.

* sad face *
            | Finite State Machine | Auto-Save Plugin | USQLite Plugin | Object-Pool Plugin | Sound-Occlusion Plugin | Anti-Cheat Plugin |

Comment

Yeah, at first I thought maybe 1 in 100 people might rate you, but going by sales/ratings on my stuff it's more like 1 in 1000.

Comment

nice discussion about these things

Comment

Have a tag based searched like the store in unity or itch.io

Comment

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post
                    is Epic Games fault and the Marketplace is not doing well anymore or are the sellers not telling the truth ?
                    No idea, but going by the comments following yours, some sellers don't seem to have any reasons to complain with apparently tens of thousands of sales each.
                    [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
                    [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
                    [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

Can we get the back button on the marketplace to leave where you left off before clicking on a product? I often scroll down the page for what seems like a long time, click on a product, and when I ht the back button, it puts me all the way back up to the top of the list and I have to scroll all the way down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Trips View Post

No idea, but going by the comments following yours, some sellers don't seem to have any reasons to complain with apparently tens of thousands of sales each.
                        I think you interpreted it wrong...
                        I have a free asset that is downloaded around 500x up to 2500x every month; but pretty much nobody rate anything, they just download it.

That doesn't mean "sales" tho
                        | Finite State Machine | Auto-Save Plugin | USQLite Plugin | Object-Pool Plugin | Sound-Occlusion Plugin | Anti-Cheat Plugin |

Comment

You have to make it vaguely hard to use so that people go back to your page for help and rate it then. Otherwise they'll forget straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                            I have a free asset that is downloaded around 500x up to 2500x every month; but pretty much nobody rate anything, they just download it.
                            I guess when people see free entries they just add those to their library without necessarily ever actually looking at the asset itself (I admit I did exactly that with that specific asset), i.e. this asset may have a lot of owners, but not necessarily a lot of users (who then would be in any position to rate it).

But what did you mean by saying "I should have by now over 10.000 ratings"? I assumed there was context in a preceding comment with a particular rate of ratings vs sales, but I can't find any such.

Though Antidamage 's statement "I thought maybe 1 in 100 people might rate you, but going by sales/ratings on my stuff it's more like 1 in 1000." would indeed allude to tens of thousands of sales, wouldn't it? (which, if anywhere faithful, would be great - not just for him, but also indicative of a very prosperous marketplace - or at least of the effectiveness of high discounts).

This isn't meant btw. as a form of envious poking, I honestly find any information on that topic highly valuable - as it is rather sparse and hard to come by in general.
                            Last edited by Cpt.Trips; 06-07-2018, 09:55 PM.
                            [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
                            [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
                            [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

Yep, I have over a thousand sales, but to be honest I don't even know how many "thousands" it is...
                              Pretty sure it doesn't reach "tens of thousands" tho.

Comment

I think we need a high score board.

Comment

Working...
                                X