Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two things I feel the marketplace needs, and cannot fathom how it has gone so long without them:

1. Packages need to show the "last updated date" on the package market page (a list of update dates for the package is highly preferred to). This will help determine how actively the developer updates the package, as well as let us know at a glance whether it is likely to have been updated since certain aspects of work were done to the engine and may support them or not.

2. And this is the BIG one... when submitting an update to a marketplace package, the system NEEDS to enforce a mandatory change notes list! There is little more frustrating, than working on a project that uses something from the marketplace, having the launcher notify us the package has been updated, and going to the asset page and there being zero mention of what has changed! It is very rare that anything from the market will get used (at least by myself) without heavy modification to fit the project it is being used in. We need to know "what" changed, so we can decide if its worth all of the work to re-integrate the updated package into our projects (since ue4 doesn't have any type of proper package update system that will notify you what files were changed from the imported version if nothing else). Change notes should be mandatory for anything being updated as most developers do not list them voluntarily in the descriptions themselves (huge shout out and kudos to those of you that do add them! We <3 you! )
    Something dwells within the night,
    that is not good and is not right.

"The Book of Counted Sorrows"

Comment

Originally posted by _cDub View Post
      I think a wishlist would be cool. Lots of cool stuff that I don't need now, but am keeping in mind if I come across a reason to use it.
      Yeah, well, run on a monthly budget, struggling to find something, I saw last month. Can we add "Wishlist" to the Wishlist?

Comment

There should really be some way to keep an eye on certain asset packs that you like but can't or won't buy yet. Something that would notify you if a product goes on sale, updates, or has new comments. A Wishlist would be a good solution for sure.

Comment

Notifications about comments on the asset page are really necessary.

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
          I was under the impression that it shouldn't over-write project settings because it can't.
          When submitting content we're required to provide the project file. config folder and content folder. What becomes the online package is then up to Epic and it never includes the config files, they're only for testing.
          It shouldn't over-write project settings but... it can and does.
          Try Epic's own Scifi Hallways. It does exactly that, even though it shouldn't.
          But yeah, those things are on the Marketplace team, not the creators.

PS: I have filed a report for that asset.
          [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
          [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
          [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
            Notifications about comments on the asset page are really necessary.
            Yeah notifications on comments would be rad!

Twitter | UE4 Marketplace

Comment

If you can't wait for notifications, try Distill. It's available for most browsers and costs nothing to run locally:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ehgadgge?hl=en

The trick is to select the text block of the first comment as a watched element, and then when it changes you'll be notified.

For $9 a month it can run the test from the cloud instead and send you notifications when someone comments.
              Monitor webpage or feed for changes. Get SMS and email alerts on change detection.

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
                The trick is to select the text block of the first comment as a watched element, and then when it changes you'll be notified.
                Would be more useful to select the whole comment section, if that's possible (at least the first page), there might be responses to already existing comments as well, especially after you engage in someone's question.

There are several services like that, so far I've used visualping.io - it tests from the cloud and sends notifications directly, (free version is limited in queries per month, 60x or so, though nothing is stopping anyone from creating multiple accounts...). It is possible to select a section or test for "significant changes", but haven't tried it with the marketplace yet.

Good idea though.

Edit: The plugin looks really useful, was easy enough to set up, even covering all comments on the first page.
                Last edited by Cpt.Trips; 04-05-2018, 10:18 AM.
                [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)

Comment

Bug? The Marketplace "New Content" showing me the same assets since 3 weeks on the "newest" positions. Nothing new is uploadet in this period? I find something new in middle of the assets etc. but should the real new stuff not shown on Position 1?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Nasenohrring; 04-11-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

All comments on marketplace items now have an "unknown" author ... is that a database bug or will it be that way from now on ?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post
                      All comments on marketplace items now have an "unknown" author ... is that a database bug or will it be that way from now on ?
                      It is a bug which was introduced on latest fix and they are already aware and working on this.
                      Nilson Lima
                      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

It is a bug which was introduced on latest fix and they are already aware and working on this.
                        After the whole Facebook and social media scandal stuff I was thinking they could have decided to make comments anonymous all of a sudden for the privacy nonsense or something like that..

Comment

Idea for mp view: Let us "subscribe" to categories and then show us a personalized feed with new releases, updates and sales (each optional filters).

Comment

Epic has got to incentivize buyers, or remind them through the interface, to take a moment and rate the products they've purchased. From my experience, the majority of buyers whom have gotten exactly what they wanted do not give out a rating at all. The rating system is barely being used compared to the amount of people that have made purchases.

Also, I recommend that people posting comments - or reviews - on marketplace listings have an automated disclosure within their post stating whether or not they're a verified owner of the product they're giving their opinion on.

Comment

How about getting the content updated to the latest engine release, been a long term user of a certain product, the author states that he submitted an update over 2 weeks ago and still nothing on the launcher, seems that the older plans for author to automatically update their products hasn't happen.
                              tbh if i was a studio i would completely by-pass the market place because of this.
                              UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
                              ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by Geodav View Post
                                How about getting the content updated to the latest engine release, been a long term user of a certain product, the author states that he submitted an update over 2 weeks ago and still nothing on the launcher, seems that the older plans for author to automatically update their products hasn't happen.
                                tbh if i was a studio i would completely by-pass the market place because of this.
                                MP once receive the package update ask us creators for 10-15 business days which might extend if they find anything we need to fix during review, so 2 weeks are just right there in the lowest possible release time.
                                Nilson Lima
                                Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                                Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                                supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X