Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another person who would love a wishlist. Was just loooking around now and there are some items I'd definitely want to get in the future but don't need right now. Would like a way better than just having to autosave all the bookmarks and stuff.

Comment

Can You show me how to get the live editor plugin

Comment

Does the "On Sale" page no-longer show the most recently added item first?

The "On Sale" page used to work the same as the "New Content" page; defaulting to showing the most-recently-added items first, so you can just check in and immediately see if anything is new. But for the last few weeks, the newest items have been more and more appearing way down in the middle of the list, while the top of the list doesn't change, so it looks like nothing has been added even when new items have appeared. (I'm not selecting a sorting method, and "New Content" still works as normal; it puts new content at the top.)
        Is this just at my end?

If I just constantly reload the "On Sale" page, items sometimes jostle their order, before re-establishing their broken order in the next reload. (The "New Content" page does not do this)
        Last edited by J.Fisher; 03-17-2018, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Ugh, I'm so annoyed right now. Just minutes ago there were 5+ assets I was eyeing at 50%-90% off on what must have been an older standalone sale, but not included in the Spring sale as many items in my cart weren't discounted anymore seemingly randomly, which is unfortunate as I thought everything was apart of this Spring sale. It would be nice to know what sale each item is apart of or to homogenize on seasonal sales or a countdown for each item? Something. Time to kick rocks for however many weeks/months before items I was JUST looking at minutes ago are on sale again. Such bad luck. It would be VERY appreciated to know when sale items are ending and to homogenize all sales into the seasonal sale if expiry is that close.

Edit: This may have been a glitch of my cart... Going from Marketplace to Library and back to Marketplace made an item appear back on discount so I re-added it to my cart and it's still showing the discount now after I had to delete it. Odd it happened with a handful of items and not all.
          Last edited by Gameist; 03-06-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

1. Adding to the wishlist idea: notify the user when an asset on their list gets updated and especially when it goes on sale.
            2. Improve notifications when purchased items get updated (also not just those in the Vault).
            3. My biggest gripe by far: Add an option to save a project as compatible with older engine versions. We all love the quality of life improvements, that new engine versions bring to the table (I simply can't work without the DPI scalability improvements of 4.18 anymore!), yet as marketplace creator's we are stuck with old versions of the editor, unless we are willing to ignore users that are mid development and/or not willing to update to the latest engine version (there still seems to be a lot of demand for 4.16-4.17 content). I understand that there are quite some compatibility considerations and some nodes and features wouldn't be there, but still, even if it was possible to have most of the project ported to an older version with some items missing, it would be a godsend. At least file structure, functions and variables should be easier to recreate).
            [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
            [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
            [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
              3. My biggest gripe by far: Add an option to save a project as compatible with older engine versions.
              This exists. You can specify a specific set of files for each version of UE if you wish.

Comment

Are you referring to the asset submission process? I was talking about the ability to develop in 4.18 and yet create files that can be submitted as 4.14-4.17

Is there an option to achieve this right now?
                [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)

Comment

Yes. Install an older version of the engine. This is a non-issue.

Aside from that you can open anything in any version you want. There are hard lines in the sand such as 4.18 and 4.12, whose maps will not open in older versions. But you can still migrate assets to older versions with ease.
                  Last edited by Antidamage; 03-14-2018, 12:19 AM.

Comment

It doesn't work for me (and never has) - if I migrate a project created in 4.18 to 4.17, all files will be there in file explorer (Windows), but the Content Browser (4.17) shows only an empty folder structure, no files.
                    Last edited by Cpt.Trips; 03-14-2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

PLEASE review peoples packages before releasing them onto the marketplace!!!!!! I cannot count how many times I "Add" a asset to my game and it overwrites the project settings!!!!

If the assets is added to a project it should only create one folder under the Content folder with everything in that folder, it DOES NOT!! need to dump 10 folders in your top level or delete or change you project settings!!!!!! THIS IS REALLY ******* ME OFF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnADaniels View Post
                        PLEASE review peoples packages before releasing them onto the marketplace!!!!!! I cannot count how many times I "Add" a asset to my game and it overwrites the project settings!!!!

If the assets is added to a project it should only create one folder under the Content folder with everything in that folder, it DOES NOT!! need to dump 10 folders in your top level or delete or change you project settings!!!!!! THIS IS REALLY ******* ME OFF!!!
                        I was under the impression that it shouldn't over-write project settings because it can't.

When submitting content we're required to provide the project file. config folder and content folder. What becomes the online package is then up to Epic and it never includes the config files, they're only for testing.

Comment

Feature request: It'd be nice to be able to hide certain marketplace items (a reverse-wishlist list if you will). Or a way to leave a private note to myself on marketplace items.

A lot of items are subsets of larger sets I already purchased, or I've examined an item and figured out it's not for me, but a month later it's hard to keep track of which of the dozens in my search results I've already scrutinized. It would be great if I could choose to have them not show up in my searches, or at least leave notes; "You already have this in the XYZ set", "This isn't compatible with X, check if that's changed while you're here but you probably can't use this", etc.

Thanks!
                          Last edited by J.Fisher; 03-25-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Wishlist would sure be nice in 2018 lol

Comment

Yes, could we get a wishlist? I have resorted to bookmarking tons of individual assets I may need in the future because I don't want them sitting in my cart.

Comment

for everybody wishing for a wishlist, there currently is a workaround:
                                use the cart in the launcher as your wishlist, use the cart in your web browser to buy from the marketplace (funny enough, these two carts are treated as separate carts)

Comment

Working...
                                X