Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A wishlist would be very practical, or the option to favourite or follow contributors/sellers or specific products.

Also more filtering options, like polycount and texture sizes (or high poly/low poly) for meshes, plus being able to select multiple categories for filtering (like for instance "environments", "props", and "on sale"). If you implement a wishlist or a tracking system, plus add multiple filtering options, the marketplace might actually start to become user friendly. As it is now every major sale is a 24 hour merry-go-round that makes your head hurt.

I also very often miss more info about the products, like polycount, images that show the products as they are (versus mostly obvious PR images), and maybe even a distinction on the asset page between technical debates and questions (like "please update to the newest engine") and general feedback/reviews. Maybe even custom FAQs if there's questions that keep repeating. Some creators are very thorough about the technical details and images they provide, but there's also a lot of assets where you just basically need to take a chance, and hope it's not too bad. Coming from a modding background I just notice that there's free mods for games that have better info and support than some of the assets on UE4 marketplace. I do understand people won't keep an eye on their products 24/7, or answer every question, but at least they can provide important and honest info about their product on their shop page to begin with.
    Last edited by Chiaro22; 12-20-2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I'm having some issues with the marketplace. Some products link to the wrong product and when checking out a sellers page it will show you a random list of content not made by the seller. It's the same list in any case. This happens to me on both of my systems on either the Epic Launcher or my browser.

Edit: It seems that it has already been fixed.
      Last edited by Adapt; 11-29-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I got a problem when I want to purchase plugins from marketplace.
        Before I log into my account, I can see the price has discount at "On Sale" board, however after I login, all plugins are back to original price.
        That's weird! I used purchased many plugins form marketplace and never had problem like this time. Could you help me out?

Comment

On Waterfox 55 (Firefox 55) and Google Chrome 63 on marketplace thumbnails prices can't be seen:

Comment

The marketplace has come a long way and is looking better than ever but I believe there is always room for improvement. Congrats to everyone on the Marketplace Team on a fine job.

Most of what needs fixing has already been posted before, but here are some suggestions.

The ability to create bundles of our products from the seller’s page. (Itch.io has a great way of doing this).
            Increase the character count in the Technical Information section to more than 1900 characters.
            Enforce the 30 Characters limit in the Product Title or trim the title in the Vault if it exceeds the 30 Character limit. The Vault looks like a mess with products that exceed 30 characters, with titles overlapping.

That’s it for now. Keep up the good work.

Hotgates Webpage | Hotgates on Patreon | Hotgates on facebook| Hotgates on twitter | Hotgates on Instagram

Comment

I have a suggestion for the MP team: give extra fields for the seller to put a price for event sales, if the field is empty means the item is outside the event. This would reduce the need for every event the seller to list his items to the MP team and this can be totally automated with the inclusion of this field. There could be even different fields for different regular events. I would really appreciate, since Im a new MP seller I lost the opportunity to put my assets on CyberMonday and this Holiday Sales.
              Nilson Lima
              Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
              Art is a state of Spirit

Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/QJUb5Wk
              UE4 Marketplace:
              Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

We need more filtering. When there is a big sale it is impossible to look through. We need to be able to do things like: filter items by more than X number of reviews on sale by at least Y percent sorted by review score.

Comment

Also filtering by category would be great (for these massive sales)

Comment

Please add the ability to sort by %off for sale items. Add the ability to tag favorites/wish list to easily keep track of wanted items

Comment

Better testing before allowing products in the marketplace (test in real games not just throw it into a startup project and say it's good).
                      Require proper documentation (I've seen products where the creator states they're working on documentation AFTER it's released in the store. This shouldn't happen).
                      Some type of limited refund system. Other marketplaces do this.
                      Obviously a wishlist and better filtering.

Comment

Why I cannot submit a FREE environment, the drop down does not offer FREE as a price the minimum is 4.99

Comment

Integrating social networking into the UE4 interface or the Epic Games launcher would also be amazing, gamifying game development with social integration .

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkoid View Post
                            Why I cannot submit a FREE environment, the drop down does not offer FREE as a price the minimum is 4.99
                            Every content submitted to MP uses Epic's staff to check if the asset follows the standards, quality, usability and performance. The staff has a cost for Epic and they dont work for free, in the other hand how they will talk with other content creators, who put a price on their assets, that they are using precious time to check assets that will not wield proffit while theirs would.
                            Nilson Lima
                            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                            Art is a state of Spirit

Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/QJUb5Wk
                            UE4 Marketplace:
                            Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

I could really use a way to sort by popularity, or number of reviews. As-is, I'm new to the marketplace and kind of drowning in all the options.

Comment

I'm another person who wants a wishlist. It's annoying to have to go through the whole marketplace and trying to remember which product it was out of similar ones you wanted.
                                Cool Blue Moon Ltd. @coolbluemoonltd And now, @londonisunreal, the London Unreal Engine Meet-up group.

Comment

Working...
                                X