Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Unreal Marketplace Improvement and Feedback Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi guys, I have serious problem with my submission. It's been approved on the May 15th, and I still don't get any answer, no one respond to my emails also.
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...or-01-Assets3D

    If there is anyone from Epic Games who reads this, I will be very appreciate for helping me. My account: Assets3D

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Roshondas View Post
      Hi guys, I have serious problem with my submission. It's been approved on the May 15th, and I still don't get any answer, no one respond to my emails also.
      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...or-01-Assets3D

      If there is anyone from Epic Games who reads this, I will be very appreciate for helping me. My account: Assets3D
      Well, in Marketplace terms, that is pretty recent. If you don't here anything by November then it might be unusual.

      List of Black Fang Technologies' projects -> https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ogies-Projects

      Comment


      • What is the average wait time in your experience, BlackRang666? My environment package was approved May 17th and i'm still waiting with no replies from Epic rep.
        Marketplace Assets
        Zero Gravity Part one |

        Comment


        • Too bad they didn't have a release schedule posted for marketplace items.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Roshondas View Post
            Hi guys, I have serious problem with my submission. It's been approved on the May 15th, and I still don't get any answer, no one respond to my emails also.
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...or-01-Assets3D

            If there is anyone from Epic Games who reads this, I will be very appreciate for helping me. My account: Assets3D
            You are not alone Roshondas: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-answer-emails
            Location Toolkit by Cerise Software

            Comment


            • Please make <li> available again for plug-in descriptions. It is a pain in *** for me to look for an alternative.

              Comment


              • Please give us tags so people can find our content. Please release more items per week. It is really disappointing when half of the content released in a week is composed of icon packs. Make the front page longer to accommodate more released content? Please consider categorizing plugins by purpose of the plugin, rather than relegating it the 'plugins' category. Other assets don't get shoved into a 'meshes' category, they are divided into 'props,' 'characters,' etc. based on the asset's purpose. Plugins related to characters should be in 'characters', plugins for environment design should go to the 'environments' category.

                List of Black Fang Technologies' projects -> https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ogies-Projects

                Comment


                • There have been small bug for some months. When buying assest, I always need to restart launcher before the asset download works. Else nothing happens when pressing the "add to project"/"create project"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SaOk View Post
                    There have been small bug for some months. When buying assest, I always need to restart launcher before the asset download works. Else nothing happens when pressing the "add to project"/"create project"
                    Yeah I came across that recently myself. Had a customer with the issue too.


                    SEJonF.com | Twitter | Youtube | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets Hallways | Interiors | Props | CMD Center | Engineer Halls & Props | Free Asset Demo | Fantasy WIP | Ice Shader

                    Comment


                    • Add a small column on the marketplace main-page with as "Random Assets" it will help increase the overall sales on marketplace
                      Marketplace Assets:Neon Pool Table - Modular Footbridge - 10 Stylish Fantasy Melee Weapon or Staff and Wands - Shop Signboard - Badminton - Homemade Weapon

                      Marketplace WIP:Modular Scifi Experimental Lab

                      Folio and Others: - Portfolio - Youtube

                      Comment


                      • Hi,

                        I don't know if this is feasible, but how about a beta content option in the market place?

                        By this I mean that when a content creator updates their existing item on the market place (so it will have been reviewed by the Market Place team in a prior version) it will be released without review, but it will only be accessible/visible to those market place buyers who have "Allow Beta Content" checked in their launcher preferences.

                        When a user tries to download/install any beta content a message would display along the lines of Firefox's Here be dragons warning:

                        "This content has not passed approval by Epic Games etc. etc. etc. use it at your own risk"

                        This way if you're willing to take the risk, you can get the updated content as soon as it's submitted by the creator as opposed to as soon as it passes review, but you have to weigh up the risks associated with using non-approved content in your game/engine up until it passes the review process.

                        Also, as has been mentioned previously in the thread it would be nice if we had the option to download code plugins as opposed to installing them to engine. This was especially frustrating the other day when I bought a plugin that hadn't been updated since 4.15 and had to download the whole 4.15 launcher engine just to download this one plugin (or have I missed a way of getting them without the precompiled engine?).

                        Again as with the beta content suggestion, I had to weigh up the risks of using this out of date plugin in a newer engine version.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Daniel Skipper Games View Post
                          Hi,

                          I don't know if this is feasible, but how about a beta content option in the market place?

                          By this I mean that when a content creator updates their existing item on the market place (so it will have been reviewed by the Market Place team in a prior version) it will be released without review, but it will only be accessible/visible to those market place buyers who have "Allow Beta Content" checked in their launcher preferences.

                          When a user tries to download/install any beta content a message would display along the lines of Firefox's Here be dragons warning:

                          "This content has not passed approval by Epic Games etc. etc. etc. use it at your own risk"

                          This way if you're willing to take the risk, you can get the updated content as soon as it's submitted by the creator as opposed to as soon as it passes review, but you have to weigh up the risks associated with using non-approved content in your game/engine up until it passes the review process.

                          Also, as has been mentioned previously in the thread it would be nice if we had the option to download code plugins as opposed to installing them to engine. This was especially frustrating the other day when I bought a plugin that hadn't been updated since 4.15 and had to download the whole 4.15 launcher engine just to download this one plugin (or have I missed a way of getting them without the precompiled engine?).

                          Again as with the beta content suggestion, I had to weigh up the risks of using this out of date plugin in a newer engine version.
                          MP team already said they don't fully review the update, here is quote from Smarkoff
                          Updates to already released packs don't get a full review, they get a quick test to make sure that nothing is broken on download or with the sending of your files. That's a quick open and peek around. Once a pack is released it's up to you to keep your promise to your buyers on what you're selling. You're still going to have to e-mail in the content updates for now but that's another piece we're working on alleviating as well with functionality and policy review.
                          .
                          However, having a place for unapproved new releases isn't a bad idea either. MP team could make sure it doesn't have any errors and publish it there then do a full review afterwards and publish it on main marketplace. Or just adding [Unapproved] tag and having a filter in MP would work as well. That way it would be possible to get your content to marketplace quickly, people would still buy from their favorite sellers even if it is [Unapproved] and MP team could review everything without backlash from people while keeping high quality for approved content.

                          I wish it was really this easy but we may be overlooking some important aspects which only MP team can see; hence, not implementing any of the above
                          HeadsAndBrains
                          MARKETPLACE | YouTube

                          Comment


                          • Any other code plugin creator experiencing long delays in the processing of updates? I sent an update of my plugin Journeyman's Minimap shortly after 4.17 went live, to fix deprecation warnings. I sent it on Aug 14. It hasn't been processed nor replied to. Code plugins still have to be manually processed sadly.

                            This reflects badly on my appearance as creator. Some potential buyers reached out to me to check whether I am still updating the plugin, because they expected a 4.17 version by now. That's painful when its been ready for 4 weeks, just not processed. I am working on new features too, but as it looks I will have to tell people "New feature X is done, but I have no idea when you will have access to it!".

                            I replied to my marketplace ticket a few times already. Anyone else have the same? And can an Epic staffer perhaps explain why its taking so long?
                            Journeyman's Minimap - Available on Marketplace - Forum topic - Video

                            Comment


                            • There is an issue with sorting most recent assets in the new content tab of the marketplace.
                              Assets, that became visible more recently, are sorted in between asset that have been visible from before.
                              it's hella annoying if you ask me, I don't even want to bother anymore to pick out the new assets from between the older assets.
                              it's also bad for the people who actually release the assets.
                              it should be fairly simple to tell the marketplace system that it should sort by the release time, not submission time or whatever it is sorting for. so why is this happening?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by rYuxq View Post
                                There is an issue with sorting most recent assets in the new content tab of the marketplace.
                                Assets, that became visible more recently, are sorted in between asset that have been visible from before.
                                it's hella annoying if you ask me, I don't even want to bother anymore to pick out the new assets from between the older assets.
                                it's also bad for the people who actually release the assets.
                                it should be fairly simple to tell the marketplace system that it should sort by the release time, not submission time or whatever it is sorting for. so why is this happening?
                                Agreed!!! I have to search through every page now to see whats new. What a pain in the butt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X