X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Wysardry View Post
    I am a little surprised that there isn't a "wish list" option for buyers, as found on Amazon and Steam.
    Exactly. As marketplace grows I am starting to loose track what I reviewed and liked but postponed purchase. Can't buy everything at once and I tend to delay purchases waiting for the time when I am going to actually use it as my needs may change.

I miss this feature badly enough to actually come to forums and look for this thread

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Smarkoff View Post
    So now that the rating system has been included what else is everyone looking to get out of the Market Place. I think we're at a good place where we as a community can lay out our wants and desires for how the Market Place can best place to buy and sell assets.

For me the biggest issue is the lack of control that creators have over prices and updates. This really makes the marketplace come off as hulking and inflexible. Hopefully this kind of flexibility and control can be implemented sooner rather than later as competition in the Market Place picks up and we have to respond instantly to new packs that might price themselves under what's already there. Moreover updates take way too long and some users have begun considering using gum road as a backup so that they can supply their supports with updates now rather than sooner. This is completely backwards.

What does the community think? What is necessary for the Marketplace to be improved? Everyone should post their requests and I'll keep them updated here at the top of the thread so that Epic can keep track of what updates the community wants most.
    • Local-Currency Pricing
    hi that will be my first post here ^^, really thanks epic games for all the great "good" things you are doing for your customers it's really a "epic company" ^^.

+1 for me for that part of Local currency Pricing, while for some countries the price being in USD is fine and reasonable in places like "Brazil" (my country) that prices can really become totally unreasonable, with our currence trade coins taxes around 1 USD = 3,80 to 4,00 RS, it's make even the most cheap prices going a little crazy, i really would love to see EPIC find a way to work like "steam" or GOG or battle net(blizzard) or even Origins (EA) where we can buy all with our local currence and for a much more reasonable local currence conversion specially in steam where you normally can buy games and softwares using local currency for a price much more close to this original price (instead of using normal conversion which lead to high prices they using a different conversion throught paypal and others like that) helping a lot, like some games where you are supposed to pay like 300+ RS outside that places you ending getting it inside that places for 150 to 200 at worst in most cases.

I would really love a local-currency pricing.

I think which for sure for my country that is the biggest issue when comes to improviments to the market.

thumbs up for that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am a little surprised that there isn't a "wish list" option for buyers, as found on Amazon and Steam.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Idk about anyone else, but I tried to order something yesterday (14-07-2018), and today again, and I always get an error message:

"There was a problem processing your request. Please try again later."

Leave a comment:

• replied
    suggestion:
    Add freebie area to encourage buyer to give a rating.
    give a rating will get a freebie pack,
    freebie is gift, is not "free asset".
    Last edited by UNEASY BOY; 07-28-2018, 07:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can we get a feature to generate keys for the marketplace?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think we need a high score board.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yep, I have over a thousand sales, but to be honest I don't even know how many "thousands" it is...
    Pretty sure it doesn't reach "tens of thousands" tho.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
    I have a free asset that is downloaded around 500x up to 2500x every month; but pretty much nobody rate anything, they just download it.
    I guess when people see free entries they just add those to their library without necessarily ever actually looking at the asset itself (I admit I did exactly that with that specific asset), i.e. this asset may have a lot of owners, but not necessarily a lot of users (who then would be in any position to rate it).

But what did you mean by saying "I should have by now over 10.000 ratings"? I assumed there was context in a preceding comment with a particular rate of ratings vs sales, but I can't find any such.

Though Antidamage 's statement "I thought maybe 1 in 100 people might rate you, but going by sales/ratings on my stuff it's more like 1 in 1000." would indeed allude to tens of thousands of sales, wouldn't it? (which, if anywhere faithful, would be great - not just for him, but also indicative of a very prosperous marketplace - or at least of the effectiveness of high discounts).

This isn't meant btw. as a form of envious poking, I honestly find any information on that topic highly valuable - as it is rather sparse and hard to come by in general.
    Last edited by Cpt.Trips; 06-07-2018, 09:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You have to make it vaguely hard to use so that people go back to your page for help and rate it then. Otherwise they'll forget straight away.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cpt.Trips View Post

No idea, but going by the comments following yours, some sellers don't seem to have any reasons to complain with apparently tens of thousands of sales each.
    I think you interpreted it wrong...
    I have a free asset that is downloaded around 500x up to 2500x every month; but pretty much nobody rate anything, they just download it.

That doesn't mean "sales" tho

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can we get the back button on the marketplace to leave where you left off before clicking on a product? I often scroll down the page for what seems like a long time, click on a product, and when I ht the back button, it puts me all the way back up to the top of the list and I have to scroll all the way down again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post
    is Epic Games fault and the Marketplace is not doing well anymore or are the sellers not telling the truth ?
    No idea, but going by the comments following yours, some sellers don't seem to have any reasons to complain with apparently tens of thousands of sales each.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have a tag based searched like the store in unity or itch.io

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice discussion about these things

Leave a comment:

Working...
X