This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
    I would love a skill recommendation system because I have had that problem in the past with buying a product that says its for beginners but using it and not being able to figure it out, or there is no documentation going through step by step how to get it working. I am a visual learner and not a programmer or good at math so any setup that is KISS, Keep it simple stupid and is well documented is welcome with any marketplace asset
    A skill level visual warning is good but I think that no content creator selling on the marketplace should be allowed to avoid providing good documentation on how to properly install and use any assets package being sold. Regardless of who is the buyer and his/her actual skill level the seller must be obliged to properly document the product being sold. I think that that is the bare minimum rule along with ensuring that the package works correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post
      A skill level visual warning is good but I think that no content creator selling on the marketplace should be allowed to avoid providing good documentation on how to properly install and use any assets package being sold. Regardless of who is the buyer and his/her actual skill level the seller must be obliged to properly document the product being sold. I think that that is the bare minimum rule along with ensuring that the package works correctly.
      I don't know about other asset types but all blueprint assets has to have Editor Tutorials.
      Twitter | Multiplayer TopDown Survival Kit | Fog of War | Game Stats Kit

Comment

if you change pricing to local currency, please make it optional
        I am getting 20-30% better conversion rate if I pay with foreign currency ($/E) compared to Paypal conversion rates

Comment

As the cybermonday passed, I would like to make a wish.. Could you please, add shopping cart to the marketplace. I know im not the only one asking this..

Comment

'Local Currency' must be optional...

Originally posted by Xenobite View Post
            if you change pricing to local currency, please make it optional
            I am getting 20-30% better conversion rate if I pay with foreign currency ($/E) compared to Paypal conversion rates
            Understated point, but lots of developers travel and bring along a laptop to do game dev on the side...
            So fixing to local currency isn't helpful. Please offer Currency dropdown list like Amazon / Travel sites etc.

Comment

Not sure if it's mentioned before, but could we get the ability to filter searches to a specific category. It's really frustrating to either have "search everything" or "filter to category" without search. I'f I've already said show only blueprints and then type in a search term, I don't want to be shown all categories with that search term.
              -TorQueMoD
              www.torquemod.com

Comment

1. It's been stated that "Featured" assets will be featured for 2 month only, yet Dungeon Architect is getting a 3rd month now.
                2. It's been stated in September that we will get custom third feature slot poll, yet we did not get a poll. Third slot is promoting another poll about November.
                3. Why outdated asset that being featured for 3rd month in a row is being kept, yet feature slot for NEW items on Marketplace FRONTPAGE is replaced with a POLL about previous month?

Also, seems like stickies amount got out of hand. This is what user seeing upon opening Marketplace forum:

Red are stickies, green are assets. I don't think it's useful to have 90% of stickies in full screen
                Last edited by zeOrb; 12-05-2016, 06:59 AM.
                SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                  1. It's been stated that "Featured" assets will be featured for 2 month only, yet Dungeon Architect is getting a 3rd month now.
                  2. It's been stated in September that we will get custom third feature slot poll, yet we did not get a poll. Third slot is promoting another poll about November.
                  3. Why outdated asset that being featured for 3rd month in a row is being kept, yet feature slot for NEW items on Marketplace FRONTPAGE is replaced with a POLL about previous month?

Also, seems like stickies amount got out of hand. This is what user seeing upon opening Marketplace forum:

Red are stickies, green are assets. I don't think it's useful to have 90% of stickies in full screen
                  Hi zeOrb,

The Dungeon Architect will be replaced with October's featured after today, as we are awaiting the results from the final voting day. We are still discussing which options of those from the community are possible to see which will be available in the poll. Additionally, I see what you mean about the stickies, I'll remove a few that should have been taken care of.
                  Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                  How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

It will be very nice to have "currency selection option" of some kind (if this function already exist - i'm sorry, but i was unable to find it).
                    As for example - i am from Ukraine and to see all the prices in russian currency is very inconvinient. If you does'n have any information about UAH (Ukranian hrivnies), i prefer see prices in US Dollars or Euro.

With all due respect.

Comment

EDIT: Added chrome extension

Hello Marketplace Team,

Currently you have a CSS class on the marketplace called:
                      .pagination span.currentStep

It currently has the rule:
                      font-size: 16px !important

I would like to suggest that the rule be changed to:
                      font-size: 16px !important
                      background-color: #EEDC82

This would help improve quickly knowing what page you are on without mousing over the elements to find which one is not interactive and/or looking at the offset number in the URL.
                      The exact color is not particularly important, as long as it is distinct from white.

Here is a chrome extension I have made that demonstrates what this would look like in your browser:
                      https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...oknjadloaeipeh
                      Last edited by Valkrysa; 12-07-2016, 06:56 PM.
                      www.valkrysa.com
                      A proud and noble software developer

Comment

How about a way to directly download assets via the web page? It seems Linux won't be getting a Launcher anytime soon, but I'd still like to be able to download the assets I pay for.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have a growing concern about Marketplace content that requires code/blueprint update with each new version of UE. I purchased quite a lot of content via Market place, Gumroad and Sellfy. 70% of the content I used to learn more about UE. The rest I am using in my projects and what I have noticed that porting the project to new version of UE became a tedious task due to a lot of BP/CODE Marketplace creators not updating their projects to the latest version. Some have "literally abandoned/neglected" their projects. That bothers me a lot since some Marketplace content is quite extensive and expensive, so fixing a ton of code makes me wonder why did I even purchased the solution. My sole purpose for purchasing content is to save time. We are a two man team coder/developer/level designer and 3D content designer. This is my complaint.

Now I have a proposal on how to solve this problem. I work in industrial software development for many years and every 3rd party library/solution I purchase has an option for annual subscription. This gives a 3rd party a chance to make money for updating the project, adding new features, etc. This is a pure WIN for both sides, since I would gladly invest in some great ideas. I suggest that to Marketplace developers that have to update their projects constantly. I completely understand if developer spends months realizing an idea and then s/he sells only a few copies which "probably" does not justifies new development or maintenance. But if s/he gets some reimbursement from annual subscription I am hoping that would stimulate a person to update the project. At least that is what I am used from other fields of software development.

Kind regards

Comment

is it possible to change currency in marketplace? its appears wrong. I filled in my registration info country Ukraine, but in marketplace I see all prices in russian rub its very uncomfortably

Comment

Originally posted by UCotman View Post
                              Hello everyone,

I have a growing concern about Marketplace content that requires code/blueprint update with each new version of UE. I purchased quite a lot of content via Market place, Gumroad and Sellfy. 70% of the content I used to learn more about UE. The rest I am using in my projects and what I have noticed that porting the project to new version of UE became a tedious task due to a lot of BP/CODE Marketplace creators not updating their projects to the latest version. Some have "literally abandoned/neglected" their projects. That bothers me a lot since some Marketplace content is quite extensive and expensive, so fixing a ton of code makes me wonder why did I even purchased the solution. My sole purpose for purchasing content is to save time. We are a two man team coder/developer/level designer and 3D content designer. This is my complaint.

Now I have a proposal on how to solve this problem. I work in industrial software development for many years and every 3rd party library/solution I purchase has an option for annual subscription. This gives a 3rd party a chance to make money for updating the project, adding new features, etc. This is a pure WIN for both sides, since I would gladly invest in some great ideas. I suggest that to Marketplace developers that have to update their projects constantly. I completely understand if developer spends months realizing an idea and then s/he sells only a few copies which "probably" does not justifies new development or maintenance. But if s/he gets some reimbursement from annual subscription I am hoping that would stimulate a person to update the project. At least that is what I am used from other fields of software development.

Kind regards
                              Sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble with some marketplace products. If you see content that isn't up to date, it's best to inform the staff as that is against the policy (sellers must maintain at least current/direct previous versions). With that being said, you should also check with the seller to see why the content may not be up to date. The unreal engine tends to change many things between different versions which break code/blueprint based projects. In most cases developers have to figure out the changes and implement a workaround, but sometimes it requires a fix on the engine's side. (i.e. a couple versions ago there was a bug that created black holes around environments using a point light with extended source lengths). In the case of the latter, developers would opt out of upgrading products until a fix has been implemented. Now those cases happen few and far between, but it would be beneficial to know whether the reason a product is lacking compatibility is due to negligence or bugs. If you find it to be negligence, inform marketplace-support@unrealengine.com and they'll take a look into it. =)

As for your proposed solution, it's an interesting concept and would bring marketplace products within range of how other software providers conduct business, but unfortunately subscription based products aren't supported at the moment.

SEJonF.com | Twitter | Youtube | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 Marketplace SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles! Free Asset Demo | Fantasy WIP | Ice Shader

Comment

I have a growing concern about Marketplace content that requires code/blueprint update with each new version of UE.
                                Almost all the assets I have bought in the marketplace have converted correctly when I just upgrade the project in-place in UE.
                                I e, it's really no different from if I had created the assets myself, and then upgraded the engine, and let the editor upgrade the data.

Comment

Working...
                                X