X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to see the thread is back again.
    Thanks Adam!

1. Right now if I type in the marketplace search bar "Landscape" I get very different results than if I had typed "Landscapes". This makes it very hard for people to find what they need because it requires them to type the package name exactly as is or it won't show up. A tag system is most helpful. A landscape package that doesn't have the word "Landscape" in it's name still has to show up in the results when the user types "Landscape". I used the word Landscape as an example. It's same with every word.
    2. Like I've said before, it's good to have a "Refund Reason" column that states the refund reason as soon as the 0, -1 appears whether it's a charge back or else.
    3. The ability to put our packages on sale by ourselves is very useful. I'm not sure why it should be done through the marketplace team currently. Automating such things helps both you and us.
    4. As people click on one of the 5 stars to rate a package, they then leave the page without noticing they have to click on the "rate it" button that appears after clicking on the stars. Their rate would not be registered and so it vanishes.
    Artstation
    Join the support channel
    Gumroad Store

Comment

An "add to shopping cart" or "watchlist" or "favorites" or so feature is urgently needed! I'd like to save a collection of items on my profile that I really like and think of buying!

Comment

Originally posted by FHDanielNL View Post
        An "add to shopping cart" or "watchlist" or "favorites" or so feature is urgently needed! I'd like to save a collection of items on my profile that I really like and think of buying!
        these types of things plus would be great but for me having a sort function would be fantastic e.g. by price, content makers name, date added ect .....

Comment

Epic should link all its Free Assets to the "Community Tools" forum as a Sticky

For beginners / newcomers it would help if all free assets were listed in one place....
          Atm you really have to know in advance what you're looking for. Some examples:
          Launcher Learn tab / Showcases Marketplace page / Environments (IB assets etc).

Comment

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...alytics-plugin I went to download this plugin, but I wasn't able to actually download it until I downloaded a binary version of UE4.14 before it would let me, I always get from GIT - with blueprint projects it at least lets me override this and get it with a mismatched version
            ZOMBIE TOWN AHHH (ANDROID/STEAM) | RIDE SHARE EMPIRE (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | NEVER NOT KNIGHT (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | TWITTER | MY UE4 TUTORIALS | ANSWERHUB

Comment

On the topic of plugins,
              I'm not sure if this has been requested yet (don't have time to go through 12+ pages of text on this forum) but it would be extremely beneficial to offer add-on pricing support similar to the mobile marketplaces such as iOS, etc.

Which would be extremely useful for those wanting to provide a sample / core product for free with advanced functionality split up into paid for add-ons within the product.

Currently,
              For our upcoming ODIN Tracker UE4 Plugin product, we require setting up an external website + store to handle such add-on transactions as we intend to release our core product for free on the UE4 Marketplace while offering paid extensions / add-ons which would be registered via an in-plugin license code input.

If Epic Games was to provide support for sub-pricing on products either just for plugin related products or for all products than I could see huge benefits to such an implementation such as asset packs which choose to offer their content + all v1.xx updates free on-the-house but then offer an add-on / extension for the asset package for an additional price if you wish to continue receiving updates post 1.xx into v2.xx
              Regards,
              Benjamin D. Smith

Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
              Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

To add to my above suggestions,
                It would also be awesome if the Sales Portal for UE4 Marketplace products also included:
                1. Download data for sample packs
                2. Product comment notification center
                3. Cross-product metrics for sales, up/down votes, comments, etc
                4. Integrations with accounting software i.e. MYOB, Intuit Quickbooks, Xero Accounting, etc. (CVS export is provided so a manual import is available but having an automated option available would be ideal)
                5. Having the ability to view and export/save marketplace purchases/transaction data i.e. receipts and tax invoices would be a HUGE PLUS! (getting an emailed receipt barely cuts it)
                Last edited by BenjaminDSmithy; 11-28-2016, 06:45 AM. Reason: Added 5.
                Regards,
                Benjamin D. Smith

Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
                Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin.smith View Post
                  On the topic of plugins,
                  I'm not sure if this has been requested yet (don't have time to go through 12+ pages of text on this forum) but it would be extremely beneficial to offer add-on pricing support similar to the mobile marketplaces such as iOS, etc.

Which would be extremely useful for those wanting to provide a sample / core product for free with advanced functionality split up into paid for add-ons within the product.
                  Yeah, that would be extremely helpful!
                  --------------------------------------------------------
                  [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
                  [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

Here are some of my suggestions:

1) The launcher should show different features throughout the day
                    2) Based on your buying history, show your recommended packs. Maybe take some lessons from Steam as Valve has spent millions in research and trial & error. Mimic many of their filters and user analytics.
                    3) The rating system is under utilized, Epic needs to send a follow up email after a few days to ask for ratings. You can have hundreds of sales but yet just 2 ratings on a pack.
                    4) Give the sellers access to people who bought their packs so that we can build up our communities such as update awareness, new products, & newsletters
                    5) Kill Zendesk, I have nothing but horrible experiences with your email tracking system. Want to bring down seller frustration? then send a real email from a real person instead of false confirmations from broken email chains.
                    6) Add In-Editor advertising opportunities for packs to improve visibility and provide a quicker path for potential buyers. For example, in cascade have different FX packs displayed and replicate that in each editor tool that is appropriate. Now this has to be done incognito so that its not annoying and in your face =P

Thanks =)
                    Last edited by Devero; 11-23-2016, 07:11 PM.
                    Abatron Development Thread
                    www.abatrongame.com
                    Steam Store

Comment

This...

issue...........

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
                        issue...........
                        Lmao
                        Having a cyber monday sale isnt an issue :P

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
                          Lmao
                          Having a cyber monday sale isnt an issue :P
                          [MENTION=287455]jojo8026[/MENTION] - Did you speed read that or you just don't get it???
                          (Vendors leaving the marketplace because of how its managed)

Comment

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I'd love to have notifications via email when the item I want is on sale.

Comment

The marketplace search definitely needs some work. As it grows its getting harder to find things. The categories are also kind of odd, sometimes finding things in places where you wouldn't expect them to be.

Comment

If this sale has shown us anything, it's that the marketplace also urgently needs a shopping cart. At least two people on our UE4 Discord have reported that they got their credit cards locked out, because they had to make a dozen purchases one after the other, instead of just buying a whole shopping basket in one transaction.
                                Broad Strokes | Jan Kaluza | Marketplace Release: 'Over 9000 Swords' Modular Melee Weapon System
                                Currently available for freelance work
                                Dev Blog & Tutorials | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X