Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Darth! Unfortunately we don't currently have a filtering system. Also, we do not offer free content, except for content released by Epic Games and a couple rare exceptions.
    -jon [ web: www.jonjones.com | twitter: @jonjones ]

Comment

Please consider requiring animation pack's screenshots to include side by sides with and without bones showing. Unfortunately, in part perhaps to lackluster testing on the part of EPIC, you have to buy a pack and check for yourself if it has correct root motion or IK bone animation. Basically I feel it would help avoid this -> https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...mobility+mocap

Check out my discord -> https://discord.gg/kQdVwJ3

Follow us on twitter to get updates on new products and special offers -> https://twitter.com/BlackFangTech

Black Fang Technologies' products -> https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...20Technologies

Comment

I think you produce a game you should have a 100% of the profits and not epic taking 70% out of your earnings. The market should determine your prices with the taxes taking out of your profit. This maybe cheaper in the long run is get your own website and sell your game there and if it is real good have it published for free by Microsoft or Sony because if they are interested in your game they have these offers to publish your game for free every year or so. That leaves epic out.

Comment

Originally posted by Onnik6 View Post
          I think you produce a game you should have a 100% of the profits and not epic taking 70% out of your earnings. The market should determine your prices with the taxes taking out of your profit. This maybe cheaper in the long run is get your own website and sell your game there and if it is real good have it published for free by Microsoft or Sony because if they are interested in your game they have these offers to publish your game for free every year or so. That leaves epic out.
          You talk about publishing games, and you have posted this in the marketplace feedback thread, I don't really get your point You cannot publish a game on the marketplace. And if you publish a game using UE4 Epic is not taking 30% but 5%.
          Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
          Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
            You talk about publishing games, and you have posted this in the marketplace feedback thread, I don't really get your point You cannot publish a game on the marketplace. And if you publish a game using UE4 Epic is not taking 30% but 5%.
            Actually he is talking about Epic taking 70%; That would indeed be a bit hard

So, to summarize again:
            - For marketplace assets, Epic will get a 30% share
            - For games themselves, Epic takes 5%

As John said, there are no games on the marketplace, just the assets.

For the 5% share when selling a game, it doesnt matter if anyone is publishing your game for free, Epic still gets 5% of any sales. And i really have to say, for the mass of games that are to be released through Sony/MS/any big publisher, if you were chosen as getting published for free, you were VERY lucky.

Cheers,
            Indy
            FinalCamera on Marketplace / Web Demo
            TopDown Toolkit on Marketplace / Web Demo

Comment

This has probably been mentioned, but I believe comments and ratings should be implemented in the Launcher Marketplace as per the Marketplace website.

Cheers

Comment

Given the risk of charge-backs, currency conversions, sales tax, and all kinds of other annoying bits of operating an actual business that takes actual money from actual human beings around the world, the 30% cut that Epic takes from the marketplace is not bad. It's not great, but it's not bad. If I made some content, it would certainly be worth it to have my content right front and center of a developer when said developer needs some content. The gain of that is probably worth more than 30% to a typical content developer.

Also, if there are bundles, make them three-for and 50% off the total price. As in, if there is a $20, a $45, and a $5 item in the bundle, you'd sell it for ($70/2 == $35) and the developers would each get ($20/2*0.7 == $7) ($45/2*0.7 == $17.50) and ($5/2*0.7 == $1.75)
                The fact that there's a big sale with fantastic value will drive a number of people to purchase, who would otherwise not have purchased, and the additional revenue is almost entirely net gains for the creator. This is the reason Humble Bundles and such actually end up making sense to the games in said bundles.
                Perhaps have a checkbox during content submission that allows creators to say "I consent to be part of 50% off bundles" to make it easier for Epic to figure out what can go in a bundle and what cannot.

Btw: I'm not saying this as a consumer who'd want cheaper assets. I've bought plenty of assets at full price. I'm saying this based on significant experience selling 3D user-generated content for a living. (Not related to Unreal/Epic -- this is just my hobby.)

Comment

Originally posted by Allar View Post
                  Awwwww yeah. I'd love to be bundled with SuperGrid for a highlight or a sale. Although I mentioned early on to Jon/marketplace team about not wanting to go on sale, I've changed my mind over the last month as updates aren't as strong for sales as anticipated. I recommend SuperGrid to everyone in Generic Shooter's Slack group when they ask about prototyping/building out initial levels and many users grab SuperGrid themselves without my recommendation. If you want to three way bundle, 101 Muzzle Flashes and some of the Prototype/Dark/Silver weapon packs work with my asset pretty well too.
                  Combine Generic Shooter with SuperGrid and the Realistic Weapons Blueprints... BIG winner... (am doing it manually.. sort of)
                  Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Suggestion: Skill levels for items

Hi everyone, I would like to suggest something,

From my seller experience, I noticed that some people get disappointed when they purchase an item and discover that using it is not as simple as they supposed. What if we add a minimum skill level warning to each item (like Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)? Although it wouldn't be very useful for simple assets like textures or meshes, it could be important for blueprints, plugins, shaders and other complex things. What do you think guys?
                    Realistic Atmosphere 2.0 | YouTube | Forum | Marketplace

Comment

I think that's a great suggestion. =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Khalikov View Post
                        Hi everyone, I would like to suggest something,

From my seller experience, I noticed that some people get disappointed when they purchase an item and discover that using it is not as simple as they supposed. What if we add a minimum skill level warning to each item (like Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)? Although it wouldn't be very useful for simple assets like textures or meshes, it could be important for blueprints, plugins, shaders and other complex things. What do you think guys?
                        Excellent Idea! I would add that it would be nice if sellers mentioned if their product has any special requirements, like you can not migrate it, you need to copy files, or in order to use it you need to set one of their clases as a parent class. I know I have seen a couple that are like that, so then we are stuck figuring out HOW to modify things to use them.
                        Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

The Marketplace needs a WISHLIST.

Comment

Hi:

I am having issues downloading from Asset store in our company. It always shows me this error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.gif
Views:	1
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1088113

The reason is that unity asset store download is trying to escape from the companies proxy/firewall. Lots of asset is downloaded from other IP addresses than the proxy IP only, thus the company's firewall blocks it from downloading. I had talked to our IT department and Zscaler (firewall), and this is the reply I got from them:

--------------------------------------------
                            Hi Di,

Thanks for your time on the call.

As per our today's WebEx, some of the traffic initiated by Unity is going direct and not following the proxy settings of the IE. As per the wireshark capture collected during the WebEx, a few SYN requests originated from the PC are going to IPs 54.231.0.185 & 54.231.112.50 and not to the Zscaler proxy IP 70.42.29.4, due to which they are being blocked by your firewall. The IPs 54.231.0.185 & 54.231.112.50 belong to Amazon which is hosting the sites for Unity downloads.
                            Please check with the Unity team and identify why Unity is sending the traffic direct for a few SYN requests and whether there is a way to change this behavior.

Regards,
                            Balkishan Chauhan
                            Zscaler Support

--------------------------------------

I think many other companies will have the same issue. Unity 3d is easy to use, but we had no choice but to move to Unreal Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by DiW View Post
                              Hi:

I am having issues downloading from Asset store in our company. It always shows me this error:
                              Hi DI! It appears you're trying to purchase content from the Unity Asset Store, not the Unreal Engine Marketplace. These are the forums for the Unreal Engine Marketplace. I think you may have better luck on the Unity website with their support staff.

Comment

Hi all! This doesn't have much to do with anything, but check out the little Batman figurines I have: https://twitter.com/jonjones/status/647496906793459712

Pay no attention to the background, nothing interesting there at all...

Comment

Working...
                                X