Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Trello really doesn't work for this.
    Submitted assets should have a tab in launcher and allow any user to vote instead of hunting for trello cards which I believe almost nobody does that.
    | Finite State Machine | Auto-Save Plugin | USQLite Plugin | Object-Pool | Sound-Occlusion | Anti-Cheat Plugin | Property Transfer Tool | Magic Nodes |

Comment

Model Viewer

Sketchfab are working on a PBR viewer ? i am wrong ?

Comment

If anyone wants to add any pros or cons to any suggestion I'll add them to the OP as well.

Comment

Nice thread indeed
          I think Improved rating system that take into account updates is worth mentioning. Basically like Apple system - new rating for each major update and ability to look at old rating/reviews
          SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
          Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Some things I'd love to see:

Profiles:

A storefront profile to showcase the items you've created.
            Customer Ratings - Purchasers rate you
            Item Ratings - Purchasers rate the items they purchase

Here's some examples:
            http://i.imgur.com/6JMOxuq.png
            http://i.imgur.com/ovdKyr0.png
            http://i.imgur.com/2U22Kxd.png

Co-creation:

Some kind of mechanism put in place to allow people to co-create and split up funds.

Support:

If someone has an issue - instead of emailing you directly they can write a support ticket you can then answer.

Many of the other online marketplaces have these features and I'm sure they are "in the works" but yeah it'd be nice to have!
            o mah gurd skurtchberk

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
              Nice thread indeed
              I think Improved rating system that take into account updates is worth mentioning. Basically like Apple system - new rating for each major update and ability to look at old rating/reviews
              I actually supported this in another thread, but began wondering if such a system is possible or easy to implement? Then there's the whole prospect of resetting ratings once a new version is released. I haven't had anyone report issues with my SciFi: Hallways pack, but submitted a 2.0 update which expands the asset library. There wouldn't really be any need to reset the ratings for that, and I'm not sure if customers would be writing new reviews every time an update whether it fixes bugs or adds content is released.

In my opinion, they should allow the customer to edit their comments and star ratings. I personally have already run into an issue with my pack when a customer accidentally hit 2 stars when he was trying to hit 5, and the current system won't let him change it. I noticed a few other users around the forum report the same thing. Allowing users to adjust their ratings and comments at any time will not only resolve this issue, but also provide a much easier solution to multiple versions by allowing people to change their ratings/reviews if an issue is rectified in a later version.

That's just my take on it however. =)
              Last edited by SE_JonF; 02-28-2015, 11:10 PM.

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

It would be nice if we could sell/purchase single items as opposed to entire packs.
                [Need game models?] [My latest Drone.]

[My UE4 Marketplace]

Comment

- Rating system of content (you can only rate once, and if you have purchased the content)
                  - Comment area for purchasers limit to say, 128 characters to prevent spam or stuff that should be either emailed or put into a forum thread.

+1 for easier methods to update content for the content providers.
                  WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                  World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                  WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Having any idea at all how much I'm selling other than through monthly statements would be great.

Videos are also super super important though. Some stuff isn't screenshottable (movement systems, etc)
                    Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
                    Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
                    |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                      I actually supported this in another thread, but began wondering if such a system is possible or easy to implement? Then there's the whole prospect of resetting ratings once a new version is released. I haven't had anyone report issues with my SciFi: Hallways pack, but submitted a 2.0 update which expands the asset library. There wouldn't really be any need to reset the ratings for that, and I'm not sure if customers would be writing new reviews every time an update whether it fixes bugs or adds content is released.
                      Of course it's possible But it definitely requires some changes at core level(But I hope in web it is easier to manage, dunno though) and requires additional storage.

In my opinion, they should allow the customer to edit their comments and star ratings. I personally have already run into an issue with my pack when a customer accidentally hit 2 stars when he was trying to hit 5, and the current system won't let him change it. I noticed a few other users around the forum report the same thing. Allowing users to adjust their ratings and comments at any time will not only resolve this issue, but also provide a much easier solution to multiple versions by allowing people to change their ratings/reviews if an issue is rectified in a later version.

That's just my take on it however. =)
                      As someone mentioned in old thread - it won't help if some people forget/lazy to update their rating when issue is fixed. For example it's your first release: buggy and free. Hundreds of people flock to test your content, get disappointed and rate 1/5. Now you're sitting with 1 rating from 666 people and after fixing this issue you can't expect that all of them will come back and change their rating based on update
                      SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                      Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

As someone mentioned in old thread - it won't help if some people forget/lazy to update their rating when issue is fixed. For example it's your first release: buggy and free. Hundreds of people flock to test your content, get disappointed and rate 1/5. Now you're sitting with 1 rating from 666 people and after fixing this issue you can't expect that all of them will come back and change their rating based on update
                        I'm for the idea that has been mentioned before where ratings are stored for all iterations and can be viewed per iteration. Include a graph where you see the average score per version. This gives you insight as a buyer as to whether the author's updates actually improve the plugin or not. With this system from the seller's perspective if you're on a good rating, its a bit of a shame that people's ratings get less relevant when you push a new update, but I can live with that as a seller. It encourages me to either stay consistent or improve in quality.

With this kind of system I would love to be able to flag updates as major or minor. Only major updates would then reset ratings, so that those of us who like to push small updates out frequently can do that without worrying that it will unnecessarily reset the stored ratings.

I have a request though its not a critical one- give content providers free access to their own stuff.
                        Journeyman's Minimap - Available on Marketplace - Forum topic - Video

Comment

They need a check box on your subscription page on whether you wnat to see only official(EPIC made), official free(epic made free), free or users made paid. I personally only want epic made shown to me and as a paying member of the service I think it's not unreasonable.

Comment

HEY EPIC ,

Finally , sketchfab Physically Based Rendering is here for free :

http://blog.sketchfab.com/post/11261...dering-is-here

Why not work with them for a marketplace integration ?
                            Last edited by ChrisTm; 03-03-2015, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Hire more people to curate and review user submitted content. Now that UE is free, don't let this become the Unity store!

Comment

There is an issue I've encountered twice now. In both cases I love the content, but not the organization of the content. I want everything 100% isolated in its own folder when added to my project. Both the low poly foliage pack and the muzzle flashes put maps in my maps folder. Most of the other items I've bought put the demo maps in the folder for the purchase. Also a default location to add these to your project would be nice. I have a folder in my project called externalPackages and I'm moving everything I purchase there. That way I can keep track of what I've created vs what I've purchased.
                                Strife - 1996 - Remake

Comment

Working...
                                X