Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"By the way, as far as I know the first payment is made 45 days after the submission is on the marketplace" - John Alcatraz.

Just a point of clarification so it doesn't take you by surprise later: your first payment will actually come within 45 days of the end of a sales period. So if your pack goes up on 6/1/2015, you might not get paid (for sales in the month of June) until 08/14/2015 (although my average has been around 35 or so days after a payment period).

Also, I've never had any problems in my dealings with Epic staff. They're always prompt and courteous in their replies, and have always been helpful. Except for that Chance guy; he's a jerk (just kidding!).

Necro's Bone Box, Necro's Utility Material Pack, Necro's Utility Material Pack #2, Necro's Rock Box, Necro's Tool Box on the UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

Yeah I know it's 45 days after end of a sales period, the quote from me is from some weeks ago where I did not know it

As I said above I also always got answers fast, speed is really no problem.

But such an unfriendly and aggressive reaction on slightly negative constructive feedback is a problem I think I have not violated any rule, I just said what I have experienced. Then I got the answer from Jon above where he said stuff that's just not true. If there is a better place to talk about unprofessional behavior of a Epic staff member, I would like to hear about it. If there is such a place they should just redirect me there, but punishing me with delaying the release of my submission and attacking me personally with untrue accusations is not ok What is the correct way to defend myself against this? If I do it with a lot of arguments in a constructive way, as above, I get such an unbelievable answer from chance. If I just ignore it, then people think very wrong about me. I would really like if someone like chance would just read through the conversation history (support ticket 57137) and make clear that I am just telling the truth.

Everyone is making mistakes, even Epic staff members. And then it should be allowed to talk about them. At the moment I feel as if there would be a rule like "Any Epic staff member is infallible".
      Last edited by John Alcatraz; 05-13-2015, 03:07 PM.
      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

I don't think their issue is with you giving negative feedback about the Marketplace, but with you singling out one of their staff in particular. Regardless, why bother getting mad? You're gonna be on the Marketplace soon, and probably sell quite well. Don't jeopardize that. If your product is not on the Marketplace and you have to sell through a site like Gumroad, you're not going to sell a lot let, trust me. My materials pack on the Marketplace has done pretty good for me, whereas my rock pack on Gumroad has sold in the high 0's. The Marketplace has really good exposure.

Necro's Bone Box, Necro's Utility Material Pack, Necro's Utility Material Pack #2, Necro's Rock Box, Necro's Tool Box on the UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
          I have not violated any rule
          I'm not going to participate in debates - I've seen enough of that in your previous threads, but I want to point out that many of your posts actually violates Forum rules pretty constantly. Just facts, nothing more.
          Maintain a high level of professionalism. Be respectful to other members, and Epic Staff! It is our goal to create a clean forum for the discussion of Unreal Engine. Cursing, swearing, personal attacks or retaliations are not welcome here and will not be tolerated. Trolling, harassment, racist or threatening comments, obscene material or other intentionally annoying behavior is also unacceptable.
          Keep private information private. All moderator disputes should happen in private message. Public discussion of moderator actions or decisions, private correspondence with an Epic Employee or Epic Representative, Epic Employee contact information, or other personally identifiable information of other members or Epic representatives is not allowed
          Forum rules

Also, I insist that you stop this discussion in Marketplace Feedback thread. Respect other users - they come into this thread to reiterate/improve current system, give negative/positive feedback, get help/support and etc, but you are simply disrupting this process.
          If you want to continue this discussion then use support mail or private messages to contact Epic stuff, basically how it should be done according to the forum rules.

Thanks.
          SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
          Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by Necrophob30 View Post
            I don't think their issue is with you giving negative feedback about the Marketplace, but with you singling out one of their staff in particular. Regardless, why bother getting mad? You're gonna be on the Marketplace soon, and probably sell quite well. Don't jeopardize that. If your product is not on the Marketplace and you have to sell through a site like Gumroad, you're not going to sell a lot let, trust me. My materials pack on the Marketplace has done pretty good for me, whereas my rock pack on Gumroad has sold in the high 0's. The Marketplace has really good exposure.

Yeah I love UE4 and I love the marketplace, that's why I only want to sell on the marketplace, not gumroad or sellfy or any other site. If it is not allowed to comment on whether the contact with certain staff members is good or bad they should write it somewhere. Because at the moment I feel treated really unfair. But I think you can confirm that I nevertheless always stay friendly

@zeorb

So would you say it is in general forbidden for me to say that I have not received much help from Epic regarding my content, even if it's true? I agree, the discussion is wrong in this thread. It's wrong everywhere. If you don't want to delete the posts, feel free to move them to a separate feedback thread or whatever. But just saying what I have experienced, is this allowed or not? I think I need to know this for the future
            Last edited by John Alcatraz; 05-13-2015, 03:51 PM.
            Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
            Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Just a little comment , in best marketplace that i saw , we can not make title with name like that : << AAA quality , Best pack, low cheaper , etc... >> This is deception or maybe not

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                Where did I do this? I am always really friendly to anyone, and I am always constructive. Am you confusing me with anyone else?
                Hey there!

I won't bring attention to the posts in question at all here because, as others have mentioned, it's not the place to have that discussion. Happy to take the conversation up elsewhere, however! All forum activity is associated with your account, so it's not difficult to find.

Regarding your submission, feel free to continue the discussion with Jon via your your zendesk ticket (I believe he has already contacted you today).

Take care.

Now, let's move the thread back to the topic
                Last edited by Ivey; 05-13-2015, 05:19 PM. Reason: back to topic addendum.
                Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Gladly!

I said this in another thread, but this seems the better place for it. I'd like to see creator pages on the marketplace where you can look through a single creator's submissions. It'd be a nice way to find what else they've done if you happen to like one of their submissions.
                  |Mitchell Lucas
                  |Technical Sound Designer at Magic Leap

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidiaguy View Post
                    Gladly!

I said this in another thread, but this seems the better place for it. I'd like to see creator pages on the marketplace where you can look through a single creator's submissions. It'd be a nice way to find what else they've done if you happen to like one of their submissions.
                    Actually, we have that on the web! Check out Kubold, for example: https://www.unrealengine.com/profile/Kubold

You can click on the name of the content creator on each asset page to see everything from them. I want to keep building out that profile page over time to turn it into more of a storefront, but that's not in the near term.

Also, I don't think I can publicly announce a landing date for the seller portal, but it is in on the way. As far as getting sales data faster goes, I'm working on that right now and will be opening up more data soon, both to share with individual sellers more often but also general data to publish to the public.

So that leads me to a question: What data would be interesting for content creators to see in public? I can't give actual numbers, but I can give information on our most popular\best-selling categories and items by week or month, and other interesting things like that. I want to start regularly publishing what information I can, and I'd like to hear from all of you on what you'd find interesting, so I can see what I can do.
                    -jon [ web: www.jonjones.com | twitter: @jonjones ]

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Jones View Post

So that leads me to a question: What data would be interesting for content creators to see in public? I can't give actual numbers, but I can give information on our most popular\best-selling categories and items by week or month, and other interesting things like that. I want to start regularly publishing what information I can, and I'd like to hear from all of you on what you'd find interesting, so I can see what I can do.
                      I think a good starting point is :

1) Top paid asset's (the bestsellers assets)

2) Top Gross asset's (which assets has generated more revenue)
                      Real Rocks Vol. I https://www.unrealengine.com/content...f249be21e4c984

Real Rocks Vol. II https://www.unrealengine.com/content...e0f51d0629c6c5

Comment

I concur with Motuproprio. I also would like to know which category i.e. sfx, environment, etc, is doing the most/least sales. And if possible, which keywords are most often found in purchases i.e. fantasy, sci-fi, modular, etc. I also really appreciated your (Jon Jones) post where you suggested categories where Epic would like to see more content of and the general state of the Market. I think that a reoccuring post of that sort would be cool. Though I bet you are already on it

Keep up the great work!

EDit: Would it be possible to ask buyers to take a short Poll asking them what kind of game they intend to make with their purchases? Maybe only a few questions: targetted platform, casual or market rdy, visual goals: AAA, average, simplistic, pixels.

This could be valuable information if the buyers are willing to answer a few questions to help content creators develop tailored products for the community's demands.
                        Last edited by Mortusnyte; 05-13-2015, 07:21 PM.
                        David Hache aka Mortusnyte - Youtube
                        Content Creator
                        -Match-3 Blueprint
                        -Simple Checkpoint System
                        -2D Character Engine - WIP

"Give me your best shot... If you're prepared for the void!" -Magus, 600 A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Motuproprio View Post
                          I think a good starting point is :

1) Top paid asset's (the bestsellers assets)

2) Top Gross asset's (which assets has generated more revenue)
                          Great ideas! Let me get together the info I can, verify it's cool to publish, and I'll start getting this data online next week.

Originally posted by Mortusnyte View Post
                          I concur with Motuproprio. I also would like to know which category i.e. sfx, environment, etc, is doing the most/least sales. And if possible, which keywords are most often found in purchases i.e. fantasy, sci-fi, modular, etc. I also really appreciated your (Jon Jones) post where you suggested categories where Epic would like to see more content of and the general state of the Market. I think that a reoccuring post of that sort would be cool. Though I bet you are already on it

Keep up the great work!

EDit: Would it be possible to ask buyers to take a short Poll asking them what kind of game they intend to make with their purchases? Maybe only a few questions: targetted platform, casual or market rdy, visual goals: AAA, average, simplistic, pixels.

This could be valuable information if the buyers are willing to answer a few questions to help content creators develop tailored products for the community's demands.
                          Those are great ideas! I especially like the buyers' poll. I'm going to find a way to implement that, because that would be incredibly helpful information to have.

Thanks guys, this is great stuff!

Comment

How bout total sales (of all packs) by month, as well as total unique buyers by month. Everyone is still sort of in the dark about the size of the community.

Comment

Another process improvement I'm going to start rolling out tomorrow: Any time Marketplace content is updated, I'm going to add a "WHAT'S NEW"-style section to that specific item with a list of what's been updated and when, much like you see on the Play Store and App Store. This will help highlight Marketplace content that content creators continuously update, which I want to start encouraging more. Thoughts?
                              Last edited by Jon Jones; 05-14-2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Necrophob30 View Post
                                How bout total sales (of all packs) by month, as well as total unique buyers by month. Everyone is still sort of in the dark about the size of the community.
                                I don't think I'm permitted to publicly share any specific numbers, unfortunately. :/ I'll share everything I can and always push for more, but for right now, categorized rankings and [possibly] best-of-category are going to be the limit of what I can publish right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X