Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zeOrb, I'm PMing you now. It looks like your emails may not be going through.
    -jon [ web: www.jonjones.com | twitter: @jonjones ]

Comment

Found the issue and resolved it. Thanks for letting us know!

Also, I made a slight tweak to the public Trello -- I moved the "Next Release" and "Coming Soon" columns all the way to the left so you don't have to scroll all the way to the right any more. Now upcoming releases are easier to see. Yay!

You can see that here: https://trello.com/b/x2AEJP0x/ue4-ma...ce-submissions

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Jones View Post
        In exchange for that 30%, we work closely with developers to help improve and fine-tune their content, help with technical and support issues
        If you would really do this it would be nice, but you don't. You have never commented on anything directly regarding my Mini Map except if I am not allowed to do something. You have never made any suggestions, you have never said how to improve or fine tune anything. Even if I asked about your opinion on something or asked what I could improve (like description and price), you have just ignored such questions. It was more like a mass treatment. And I think it just works like this, because you seem to have many submissions so you can't really help individual developers. But then just say it like this in the forums and don't try to make people think you would actually try to help.
        Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
        Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
          If you would really do this it would be nice, but you don't. You have never commented on anything directly regarding my Mini Map except if I am not allowed to do something. You have never made any suggestions, you have never said how to improve or fine tune anything. Even if I asked about your opinion on something or asked what I could improve (like description and price), you have just ignored such questions. It was more like a mass treatment. And I think it just works like this, because you seem to have many submissions so you can't really help individual developers. But then just say it like this in the forums and don't try to make people think you would actually try to help.
          Hey John, I can't speak for Epic but I can relate my experience. Respectfully, I do not think this is a fair statement to say. This is my first experience working in a marketplace and the team (specifically Deke Waters and Jon Jones) have been extremely helpful from the get go. Whether it is putting up with my plethora of emails, or offering suggestions and feedback on submissions which were instrumental in helping me develop future installments in my marketplace series. Most recently it was the marketplace sale, and Jon was very involved with the collaboration on the sales percentage, the duration, the blog post and much more. I can't imagine that I am the only one to receive this treatment by the marketplace team. That being said, they do receive multiple submissions every day and have to work with numerous developers. It is very time consuming work, and as a result some things may slip or it may take a while to receive a response. That's just the nature of the beast, but the men and women working on this team are doing their very best to fulfill everything Jon outlined above. =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

I can only speak for what I experienced, if you got help, suggestions or feedback from Epic than this is nice. I can only say I didn't.

But they actually were really fast, from submission to marketplace release it only took like 1 month, I would not have expected it to be so fast. And regarding organisation stuff like changing description on trello or something like this I also can't say anything bad, it was really good.

Just regarding the content itself and things like it's description, price etc I have not received any help, suggestions, feedback, even if I directly asked for it.

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
              Actually, we've been very accommodating to you despite a variety of technical difficulties. We worked with you hands-on and step-by-step to structure your pack correctly so we could review it, discussed the best way to show your sample content in a way that the Marketplace supported, and even worked with you to move up the release of your content by two weeks after working with you to fix a bug would have broken functionality for your customers using 4.7. The only questions of yours we didn't address either involved a) creating special exceptions for you by lowering our quality standards, or b) inquiring into private details of other sellers' financial and legal matters. Obviously those are not requests we can accommodate.

In fact, I personally handled your submission in more detail than I normally do because you've been quite vocal about Epic, the Marketplace, and our support staff. I wanted to step in and provide the best customer service we could for you so you could have a good experience and publish your UMG Mini Maps. It's a bit disappointing to read this in spite of all we've done to help you release your content.

Comment

Jon, really, I have not complained about not getting any help or feedback and so on, I think it's fine since you handle a lot of submissions. I only said you should not say here in the forums that you would do it if you don't.

I'm not sure whether your answer is a joke Your answer is 1000% euphemism

Actually, we've been very accommodating to you despite a variety of technical difficulties. We worked with you hands-on and step-by-step to structure your pack correctly so we could review it
                In clear words, you quoted the Marketplace Submission Guidelines. Nothing "hands on and step by step". Well, you actually have explained it a bit more specified than written in the Submission Guidelines, so it was a bit "hands on". So ok, in this one point you have helped me! But this was help regarding making the Project ready for marketplace, not help on the content itself.

discussed the best way to show your sample content in a way that the Marketplace supported
                I have not noticed.

and even worked with you to move up the release of your content by two weeks after working with you to fix a bug would have broken functionality for your customers using 4.7.
                This is where I had the most OMG while reading. "Working with me to fix a bug"!? You have not helped me in any way to fix any bug. After my Mini Map successfully was through trello and Epic and me have finished everything needed, you said my Mini Map will be released on May 13th. Then I told you there is a bug in 4.7 (which is fixed in 4.8) which make my Mini Map not work under certain conditions. Then you said this bug is too major and my Mini Map will be released on May 27th, after 4.8 is out. No help in any way to fix the bug. You said my pack won't be released before the bug is fixed, which is in 4.8. That's all you did. Then after some days I found a way to workaround the bug, submitted my pack again and after you validated the bug is fixed you again scheduled the release for May 13th. Tell me, where did I receive any help?

The only questions of yours we didn't address either involved a) creating special exceptions for you by lowering our quality standards, or b) inquiring into private details of other sellers' financial and legal matters. Obviously those are not requests we can accommodate.
                I have asked about whether you think my description is good or could be improved, you have ignored the question.

Regarding the two "questions" you mentioned: a) I accept I don't get any answer on this, even if it's not fair to punish me for a bug in UE4 And b), really? You said giving the address is the "biggest cause for delays", which I could not really understand, since it took only 2 minutes for me to write you my address, so I answered "I wonder why you say this is the biggest cause for delays? It's not really hard to tell you my address. I submitted my submission 3 weeks ago, so you think getting my address will now take more than 3 weeks? Sounds strange By the way, as far as I know the first payment is made 45 days after the submission is on the marketplace, are there really any people who are not able to tell you their address within 45 days? " . Then you said "it's not appropriate for us to comment on the legal and financial details of other submitters on the Marketplace". And this is a quite unfriendly answer for such a normal question I asked. My question was more like a joke because I know there is no one who needs 45 days to tell you the address I have not really expected any answer on this, but it would have been nice if you you would have answered "No there are not, but we need to get the address before we put anything on the marketplace, so we can't wait 45 days". Because at that point I did not know this.

In fact, I personally handled your submission in more detail than I normally do because you've been quite vocal about Epic, the Marketplace, and our support staff. I wanted to step in and provide the best customer service we could for you so you could have a good experience and publish your UMG Mini Maps. It's a bit disappointing to read this in spite of all we've done to help you release your content.
                If you call this the best customer support, then I don't know It was acceptable, but definitely not good.

And again, I am absolutely fine with this! I know how much you are working. You can't help everyone who want's to sell something in the marketplace. I don't expect AAA support in something like the marketplace.
                Last edited by John Alcatraz; 05-12-2015, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I have edited my last post a bit and corrected some mistakes

Comment

With all due respect John Alcatraz, you're going about this in the wrong way. The best, most professional way would be in private. As it stands now, it looks like a he said she said type of discussion; which isn't professional to say the least.

You're degrading the goodwill you have with Jon Jones and the marketplace team. I can't imagine they will be jumping at the bit to provide extra time and help with your future submissions if you continue this type of interaction.

I've had a similiar experience as SE_JonF and can attest to the professionalism of the marketplace team. My advice is to thoroughly attempt to rectify this sort of issue privately.
                    Last edited by Osok; 05-12-2015, 11:24 PM. Reason: spelling
                    Spline-Enabled Fence Pack - "Great pack, huge time-saver, top quality and enough variety to really make the assets unique." -Dark Acre Jack
                    Destructible Road Signs - "Seriously awesome. Single blueprint for pretty much all the road signs you'll ever need." -thankstipscom
                    Zipline/Teleporter/JumpPad - "This is a very flexible system for any project, and really simple to implement." -lunyBunny
                    Wooden Storage Pack - "Very good high quality assets and well worth it." -Deathweave
                    Digital Portfolio

Comment

I don't want to discuss anything in private, and also not in public, as I said I am fine with the support I get. I don't expect anything better, so I don't complain. My whole only point was that Jon continuously says in the forums that he would work so much with the sellers to help them in any way, which just is not true, at least I can't say that from my experiences, I just wanted to mention this here.

I also don't like such a "he said she said" discussion, I don't like any discussion about this, but after Jon's answer which really just made it seem for others that I would not say the truth I had to correct the points he mentioned, cause they were either extremely euphemistic or just not true (like "working with you to fix a bug"). It's like you go to your supervisor and tell him there is some problem, but he does not care and does not help you at all, then you work very hard on fixing the problem, say your supervisor you have fixed it and then he tells the whole company he would have fixed this problem with a bit of your help. How would you feel?
                      And especially he said I would do "inquiring into private details of other sellers' financial and legal matters" which I count as a serious accusation, and since it's just totally untrue you can't tell me you would not have corrected it the same way if someone would have said this about you.

And I can only speak for myself. If I just had bad luck, well, then it's just like it is. It's ok. I can only tell you what I have experienced. It seems you and SE_JonF had better experiences, which is good. And there probably might be some other people who have similar experiences to me, who knows.
                      Last edited by John Alcatraz; 05-12-2015, 11:19 PM.

Comment

John Alcatraz

Peaace

I want to be the first to get your minimap.

Luny
                        lunybunny.com
                        lunybunny.com

Comment

Hey John Alcatraz,

We've been rather patient with you over the past few months and have worked very hard to be understanding of situations you have found yourself in. We have gone the extra mile in a number of ways to attempt to make you happy, resulting in nothing but backbiting and further accusing remarks. Time and time again, we've looked the other way when you've called us liars, attacked our personal character, and actively promoted unprofessionalism inside the Unreal Engine community. Your consistently destructive behavior is not something we can continue to tolerate in any realm of our community, whether the forums or otherwise.

I regret that it has come to this, but if things don't change with the way you conduct yourself around here, we'll have no choice but to remove you from our community... This is not a conversation that we ever like to resort to, but we see no other option in this case to maintain a healthy and thriving community of developers. Because of this, your pack on the Marketplace will not be released today with the others but will instead be slated for a later date.

We believe you've got the potential to add value to Unreal Engine and want to see your content released to the world. Help us work through this obstacle so we can move forward.
                          Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Uhm what?

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                            We've been rather patient with you over the past few months and have worked very hard to be understanding of situations you have found yourself in. We have gone the extra mile in a number of ways to attempt to make you happy, resulting in nothing but backbiting and further accusing remarks.
                            Where did I do this? I am always really friendly to anyone, and I am always constructive. Am you confusing me with anyone else?

Time and time again, we've looked the other way when you've called us liars, attacked our personal character, and actively promoted unprofessionalism inside the Unreal Engine community. Your consistently destructive behavior is not something we can continue to tolerate in any realm of our community, whether the forums or otherwise.
                            You really seem to confuse me with someone else I have never called anyone a liar except Jon Jones and I have never had any problem with any Epic staff member except Jon Jones, and that what I write is true you can yourself ensure with looking into the support request 57137 where my whole conversation with Jon Jones and the other Marketplace Team members is written. I think almost the whole Epic team is doing really great work.

I would really like to know what you call destructive behavior? I am constantly helping people in the answerhub and the forums, wrote dozens of detailed bug reports, am I giving a lot of constructive feedback and am generally friendly to anyone. I really can't understand what you write.

I regret that it has come to this, but if things don't change with the way you conduct yourself around here, we'll have no choice but to remove you from our community... This is not a conversation that we ever like to resort to, but we see no other option in this case to maintain a healthy and thriving community of developers.
                            You really seem to confuse me with someone else

Because of this, your pack on the Marketplace will not be released today with the others but will instead be slated for a later date.
                            We believe you've got the potential to add value to Unreal Engine and want to see your content released to the world. Help us work through this obstacle so we can move forward.
                            What later date?

The only thing I wanted to say here is that what Jon Jones is writing was not true for me. This is a feedback thread, am I not allowed to provide feedback? Do you only want to get positive feedback?
                            Last edited by John Alcatraz; 05-13-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

calm, Chance

look at the smiles faces

Luny
                              lunybunny.com
                              lunybunny.com

Comment

Hi guys,
                                i have to say that the update system works really good so far, yesterday i sent an update for our first package in the marketplace at marketplace-support@unrealengine.com,
                                Stephanie Lyons did all the job of the update (including the new description) in less of 2 hours starting from my request.

Very good job!
                                Thanks.

Ps.
                                Any ETA for the seller administration page?
                                Last edited by Motuproprio; 05-13-2015, 01:57 PM.
                                Real Rocks Vol. I https://www.unrealengine.com/content...f249be21e4c984

Real Rocks Vol. II https://www.unrealengine.com/content...e0f51d0629c6c5

Comment

Working...
                                X