This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    Why do you wan't to care about "community input"? If I want to sell a book on amazon, I just upload it, manage the financial stuff and then people can buy it! If "community interest" is low, well, then just no one will buy it. Will only hurt the seller, not the community.

Just put everything on the marketplace when it's ready, this means when you are satisfied with the quality and have successfully managed all the financial things with the seller. Then just put it on the marketplace! Immediately, not bundled every week! If it's ready at Monday 10AM, just put it on the marketplace on Monday 10AM. If it's ready at Thursday 12AM, put it on the marketplace on Thursday 12AM!
    The Trello system is in place to allow the community to prioritize assets on a release schedule and to placate the community during this time of growth and transition. The past few weeks have been killer on workload and process changes for Epic's marketplace/QA team (I'm assuming). There's also the point of managing flow through the marketplace. Even Apple has an organically regulated system on the App store - sure you can release your App whenever you want but they update the front page on a certain day each week, which means most people wait until the day before to post their product to have the best chances for front page coverage. This ensures some sort of continuity for buyers and keeps the market alive and growing at a steady pace rather than having roller-coaster days, where one day there's 15 submissions and another day there's 0. As a buyer I'd feel a little overwhelmed if random assets just popped up each day - I'd surely miss some. As a buyer on the app store, I check for top new apps on Tuesdays.

I don't entirely understand where all the heat is coming from - use the forums to gauge interest and get feedback as you work on your product. We're really good at giving feedback. Once the product is ready to sell, submit it for Epic's review and Trello posting. Unreal Marketplace aside, why would you ever submit unfinished work for potential sale? It doesn't make sense.

Comment

I think Jon should still do the nice weekly blog posts about new stuff which was added the last week. So if you are interested, you can read it and see what's new and you won't miss anything.

We don't talk about "unfinished work" here, but about when finished and "approved by epic" products should appear on the marketplace. Whether Epic should wait for people to vote on or Epic should just release them when they are ready.
      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Are you guys still doing the timed releases? I thought you moved on to releasing as soon as it gained sufficient votes on trello now since people were supportive of that approach as opposed to holding on to it for a while?

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Technically we are, but that's behind the veil a bit. After this month, we'll be more publicly obvious about it. Since GDC we're recalibrating what the voting \ fast-tracking threshold should be, so we're letting them stay up a little longer than usual. However, once a submission gets past a certain number of votes we keep it up on the board, and start working behind the scenes to get the latest files and info to prep and test it, then schedule it for release. For our release on Wednesday, we currently have 9 packs planned for release, and I'm working on bumping that number up each week. I'm actually heading into one of our weekly content review meetings in 15 to review the latest batch of submissions and to start adding more content to our upcoming releases.
          -jon [ web: www.jonjones.com | twitter: @jonjones ]

Comment

I see, thanks for the clarification on that. =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

It would be cool if we could see status of submission from the beginning to the very end.
              I've sent project files a week ago and did not got any reply yet, I've heard there are 27 submissions for QA, so I'm pretty sure it just waiting for its turn, but there is no any indication of that visible to the submitter.
              I think it would only benefit if you could check submission status somewhere, like tracking package and etc
              SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
              Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

That's a good idea, actually! We're working on trying to communicate more frequently, and we're bringing on another person next week to help us with the customer-facing side of the Marketplace.

Thinking about it, I don't think I've clearly described the submission process in a straight line before. Here's how it works:

1) Content creator submits through the submission form
                2) Epic reviews the screenshots, video, and description of the content
                3) Epic decides: Yes, No, or Request Changes
                4) When Epic says 'Yes' we request the files
                5) Internal QA on the files
                6) Epic decides: Yes, No, or Request Changes
                7) When Epic says 'Yes' then the content goes to public Trello voting
                8) Community decides with voting: Yes or No
                9) When the voting period completes, Epic confirms the files and description are up to date, and schedules release
                10) Done!

The time-consuming parts are step 3, 6, and 8. Lots of feedback and iteration happen at step 3 and 6 to bring it up to Epic's quality standards. When we request specific changes, that turns into a feedback loop to bring it up to quality before proceeding. In general, when you get specific feedback from us on a submission at that stage, that usually means you can turn a 'no' into a 'yes.' Unfortunately sometimes that's not always possible, and some submissions just aren't up to the quality that the Marketplace needs, and a firm 'no' is all we can do. As a rule, though, we want people to succeed and we help how we can, within reason.

I just checked your submission and we finished QAing it on Tuesday night, and it'll be up on the public Trello boards for voting within the next hour. You'll get an email from us.

BTW, seriously cool pack and example map!
                Last edited by Jon Jones; 04-16-2015, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the breakdown, a tracking bar of sorts like zeOrb suggested would be pretty cool. Then again, I always spam my refresh button on those pages so it might be just another thing to prevent me from getting things done. =P

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Jones View Post
                    That's a good idea, actually! We're working on trying to communicate more frequently, and we're bringing on another person next week to help us with the customer-facing side of the Marketplace.

Thinking about it, I don't think I've clearly described the submission process in a straight line before. Here's how it works:

1) Content creator submits through the submission form
                    2) Epic reviews the screenshots, video, and description of the content
                    3) Epic decides: Yes, No, or Request Changes
                    4) When Epic says 'Yes' we request the files
                    5) Internal QA on the files
                    6) Epic decides: Yes, No, or Request Changes
                    7) When Epic says 'Yes' then the content goes to public Trello voting
                    8) Community decides with voting: Yes or No
                    9) When the voting period completes, Epic confirms the files and description are up to date, and schedules release
                    10) Done!

The time-consuming parts are step 3, 6, and 8. Lots of feedback and iteration happen at step 3 and 6 to bring it up to Epic's quality standards. When we request specific changes, that turns into a feedback loop to bring it up to quality before proceeding. In general, when you get specific feedback from us on a submission at that stage, that usually means you can turn a 'no' into a 'yes.' Unfortunately sometimes that's not always possible, and some submissions just aren't up to the quality that the Marketplace needs, and a firm 'no' is all we can do. As a rule, though, we want people to succeed and we help how we can, within reason.

I just checked your submission and we finished QAing it on Tuesday night, and it'll be up on the public Trello boards for voting within the next hour. You'll get an email from us.

BTW, seriously cool pack and example map!
                    Thanks, I glad you like it! And breakdown is extremely helpful, however my submission is still not on Trello and I didn't get an email

Comment

Sorry about that! It's up now: https://trello.com/c/1DA789CK/333-su...d-starter-pack

Time to advertise and get votes! Tell your friends, your social networks, the forums, and the world! You have a lot of presence here on the forums and it might not be a bad idea to add it to your signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Jones View Post
                        Sorry about that! It's up now: https://trello.com/c/1DA789CK/333-su...d-starter-pack

Time to advertise and get votes! Tell your friends, your social networks, the forums, and the world! You have a lot of presence here on the forums and it might not be a bad idea to add it to your signature.
                        Oh, super cool, will start to advertise asap!
                        Also, a little request - could you move this from Blueprint to Material? Material works without any blueprints at all, they are used only in example map for some stuff

Comment

Done! https://trello.com/c/1DA789CK/333-su...d-starter-pack
                          Good luck ZeOrb!

-Steph

Comment

Hi! Just in case nobody mentioned it yet, the Marketplace access via Launcher needs a very basic feature: a search box!

As for the rest, I agree with most of the already requested features, I specially miss an admin panel where to check stats, update/upload extra content for a package, etc... It's really frustrating to be "on the dark" and depend on mails to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Osok View Post
                              I would like to see sales reports sent to the sellers sooner than approximately 45 days after the end of a sales period.

I understand if the wire transfers must happen approximately 45 days after the sales period (international things), but the reports would be nice to get earlier.
                              Why do wire transfers must happen 45 days after the sales period? Why couldn't Epic pay the sellers every 15 or 30 days? I think 45 days is too much, this is only 8 times a year.
                              And especially that the first payment and sales statistic is only made after 45 days makes it impossible for a seller to quickly adjust the price to demand. The first statistic should not take more than 7 days.
                              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Hey everyone!
                                I'm having problems downloading content fro the market place (That I have paid for). When I click download the bar at the bottom appears for a few seconds and dissapears, no warning message etc.

Backround, I am living in China, I usually have to use a vpn and this is a new issue, I dont know if the great fire wall has blocked the servers as I also had do download the source and compile it myself to get it up and running....

Im wondering if its possible to download content another way or if this problem can be fixed...

Thanks Guy
                                Jason Maitland

Comment

Working...
                                X