This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unreal Marketplace Improvement and Feedback Thread

So now that the rating system has been included what else is everyone looking to get out of the Market Place. I think we're at a good place where we as a community can lay out our wants and desires for how the Market Place can best place to buy and sell assets.

For me the biggest issue is the lack of control that creators have over prices and updates. This really makes the marketplace come off as hulking and inflexible. Hopefully this kind of flexibility and control can be implemented sooner rather than later as competition in the Market Place picks up and we have to respond instantly to new packs that might price themselves under what's already there. Moreover updates take way too long and some users have begun considering using gum road as a backup so that they can supply their supports with updates now rather than sooner. This is completely backwards.

What does the community think? What is necessary for the Marketplace to be improved? Everyone should post their requests and I'll keep them updated here at the top of the thread so that Epic can keep track of what updates the community wants most.

• Flexible Pricing Controls
    • Disproportionate Pricing to Quality Regulation By Epic
    • Incorporating Updates Sooner
    • Creators Can Set Items On Sale
    • Mandatory Videos & Demos for Items on Sale
    • Game Type Asset Usage Limitations
    • Marketplace Exclusivity vs. Origins
    • Mandatory Blueprint Previews
    • Model Viewer
    • Content Streaming For Previews
    • Sub-Categories For Searching More Specifically
    • Ability to Sell Individuals Items vs. Bulk
    • Submission, Voting, Content delivery, and General Response Times are Excessive
    • Market Place Voting Integrated Into The Unreal Launcher
    • Local-Currency Pricing
    • Statistics
    • New Ratings for Every Major Update + Ability to View Ratings for Previous Versions
    • Graph Showing Average Score Per Version Update
    • More Detailed Selling Stats
    • Ability to Leave Comments on Reviews
    • Content Providers Maintain Free Access to their Products
    Last edited by qdelpeche; 07-30-2015, 04:14 AM.

I would like the submitted content to be reviewed by part of a development department at Epic, in addition to the market place people, in order to exclude disproportionate price/quality ratios.

Comment

Does content creators have the ability to put there items on sales and etc? if not that would be pretty epic. everyone loves a product sale with a percentage off
      Interested in having someone review your game? want to do an interview on it?

This check out this website.

Working on a game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dev100000 View Post
        I would like the submitted content to be reviewed by part of a development department at Epic, in addition to the market place people, in order to exclude disproportionate price/quality ratios.
        The market should determine pricing, not Epic. To that end, Epic should make it easy for developers to adjust their prices when needed (which also necessitates a developer dashboard showing things like sales). Eventually I'm sure Epic will start doing sales , so the they'll need a good way for devs to opt in (other than individual emails to each dev).

Necro's Bone Box, Necro's Utility Material Pack, Necro's Utility Material Pack #2, and Necro's Rock Box on the UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

Here are my most wanted for seller tools:
          - Being able to push updates independently
          - Same for modifying descriptions / screenshots
          - Sale statistics, just a simple graph like on this day you sold 4

For the first two points, I'm assuming that Epic always thoroughly checks the first submission as is the case now. For updates though, things shouldn't need to be so strict so we could:
          1. Let people update their content without extra control
          2. Have an interface for people to submit updates in a format, that Epic can easily verify and approve/reject
          Journeyman's Minimap - Available on Marketplace - Forum topic - Video

Comment

#1. Videos & Demos please:
            * Include Video clips & Demo Scenes for everything especially environments. This is standard practice on the Unity Asset Store, and its really helpful!

#2. One Environment map, Multiple Gametypes. If not be upfront about any limitations:
            * Specify clearly what Game-Types are supported so that we can avoid the Collision fiasco from before. If Environments could support 2-3 game types even better.

#3. Certainty about Model source:
            * How can we be sure that the models we're buying aren't originally from the Asset Store, Turbosquid, or UE3/UDK community, does Epic vouch for everything it sells?

#4. Certainty about Max / Maya Licenses:
            * How can we be sure a full-commercial license was used for Max / Maya content? No one needs blowback from AutoDesk! Are Indies indemnified by buying from the Marketplace?

#5. Mutual Trust:
            * It'd be great to see more content creators reach out to their users. To those that have, I applaud you! Its good for trust and boosts loyalty! I'd like to get to know more of the vendors, help them feel that they can trust users with sneak previews of scenes or Blueprints etc, and not be worried that we'll rip them off...
            Last edited by franktech; 02-28-2015, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Great stuff guys. Updated. What else?
              Last edited by CheapModeler; 02-27-2015, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I said it before, we need a model viewer like Unity Player for the Unity Store. This way rather than being taken in by potential problems we'd be fully aware of how the model will display within the engine. Preferential that it contains the same LoD, tri, vert, uv channels, and collision preview found within viewing meshes in-engine.

Something like this and no one could complain about quality.

Comment

I would love to be able to stream the actual content for viewing. It could have some kind of encryption to prevent editing. the included overview level would be fine. This would allow each potential user determine if the content meets their needs or not. The voting and comment system are already huge improvments. I would like to see the votes on the launcher.
                  Strife - 1996 - Remake

Comment

This is awesome feedback. Please keep it coming!

Comment

Epic should outsource asset update reviews to mods here on the forums (and other places if necessary).

Also, the Trello voting board is an excellent showcase of how motivated the community is to get their hands on assets created by the community. The only problem is that the voting board doesn't seem to really make the process simpler right now - it feels like a hollow system that's currently appeasing the community but not really driving marketplace publishes. Figuring out how to more substantially involve the community in the marketplace submission process should not only speed up the process in general, but would also be yet another step towards building a stronger community.

Comment

- Trello voting is lacking, it just doesn't reach enough people. I think Epic needs to integrate the voting system into their Unreal Launcher.

- Submission, voting, content delivery, and general response times are insane. The Marketplace curators are wonderful, but I think they're just swamped with content review. Perhaps there's internal debates or review process that makes this process extra long. It takes many days(weeks) to get a response before the voting process even begin.

- Let the content creator have the ability to sell something as individual assets vs bulk. I much rather see the option to buy one shader from a creator for $1, then have to buy the entire bundle for $20. I rather not buy it, like many people here have expressed.

- Have a better way of sorting or adding sub categories in the marketplace. Even though the number of content is small at the moment, it's already overwhelming to find what you need. Sort by price? Show Free items only?

Comment

Good thread folks, let's try to keep this one on track

If nobody has said it already, I'd like to have local-currency pricing on Marketplace when I'm logged in. I posted a thread on this a few days ago.

Comment

As a Seller id like to see some statistics. that would be wonderful
                            Free Inventory System (BP AND C++ Version): Clicky Clicky
                            Player Structure System (Houses!) (BP): Pew Pew Marketplace Version: Yoink!
                            Howto: Create Dragable UMG Windows: Zoom Zoom

Comment

Updated every suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                              X