• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLAIVERave: A Procedural Fantasy Melee Weapon's Designer

Yes, priced for under $30
    28.21%
    Yes, priced for under $29.99
    46.15%
    No, I'm only interested in Medieval Weapons.
    10.26%
    No, I'm not interested.
    15.38%

GLAIVERave
    In-Game Procedural Fantasy Melee Weapons Designer
    UE4 Blueprints-based Procedural Construction System specifically designed to fabricate outlandish Fantasy Melee Weapons with modular morphing parts.
    Weapon Smith
    (
    In-game Editor)
    Procedural Construction
    Customization
    Network Support
    Game Play Mechanisms (TBD)
    Support
    Lifetime Updates
    Toolbox: Parts Selector/Modifiers

Frontend & Backend Support

Load/Save, Export Data Options

Agnostic UI Interface

Data Driven (*.csv)

Multi-user Support (tentative)
    Auto Symmetry

Auto Segment Incremental Scaling

Randomizer
    Morphing Part Shapes: Blades, Guards, Handles

Dynamic Part shape Extension

Swap Materials (WYSIWYG)

Replication

Network Repository Support
    (Create Weapon Libraries, Share Creation via Network)
    Procedural Animation Support

Precision Hit and Damage Modules
    User Manual
    GLAIVE BP Module Updates

New Content: Part Shapes & Materials

Last edited by TechLord; 02-27-2015, 05:42 PM.

• replied
    Originally posted by Havoc View Post
    Hey TechLord, sounds cool!

Do you have any video's or examples of how the procedural weapons differ based on seed? I know others have asked for examples, but it's hard to provide feedback without something more substantial to provide feedback on

I think it looks like a great addition, though, and will be following this thread as information develops. I've got a sandbox-y RPG on the backburner that would *definitely* benefit from something like this.
    Sorry, no new imagery at time and I honestly prefer not spoil the fun with too many previews. I plan to release a large number of vids, etc, after publication to the marketplace. GLAIVERave is designed as a In-game Editing App supporting modular Melee weapon construction. Devs could use it to pre-fab a library of Melee weapons and allow players to customize their own weapons. A Random Seed could be used to randomly generate a whole weapon, but, procedural algorithms are used on a more granular level to assist constructing individual Parts (blades & handles) and Materials.

Concept of PRISMA: Procedural Blade Generation using Symmetrical L-System Generation

Last edited by TechLord; 03-31-2017, 08:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad I'm motivating you TechLord! Keep at it buddy!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey TechLord, sounds cool!

Do you have any video's or examples of how the procedural weapons differ based on seed? I know others have asked for examples, but it's hard to provide feedback without something more substantial to provide feedback on

I think it looks like a great addition, though, and will be following this thread as information develops. I've got a sandbox-y RPG on the backburner that would *definitely* benefit from something like this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tarr_bot View Post
    Awesome, I'll be sure to pick it up then.
    You're getting me motivated. I need more motivation and input from the community.

Working diligently on the SLOTI/O Advanced Slot Management System. This Slot Management is significant to In-game Editor Apps GLAIVERave, GOLEMCraft, others to save data locally. SLOTIO will also support Collaboration using UE4's Net replication to reconstruct Glaive Builds between multiple users Clients, saving locally.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome, I'll be sure to pick it up then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alaan View Post
    I'm not interested in these types of weapons--my style is more sci fi. But as a price point I feel $30 is perfectly appropriate for this considering the amount of use you get from it.
    Swap the Blade, Guard, and Handle Part Shapes, Morph them, then slap Sci-Fi Materials (ie: Transparent-Aluminum, Holograph, Alien Exo Plating, etc) and presto! Sci-Fi Melee Weapons. If all fails, you can use the standard medieval parts and materials in interesting ways (ie: multiple blades... anywhere).

Originally posted by sangloo View Post
    me i really like it

when do you plan to release that techlord?
    Thank you. Depends on the level of interest generated on the forum. I developing this systems for my own game, its behind Collage Creature System (50% complete) and Level Map Generator (80% complete). I anticipate a rapid roll-out reusing most of the subsystems from those tools.

Originally posted by tarr_bot View Post
    This sounds pretty awesome, could we see some more videos?
    In due time. This is just a teaser When I reveal how simple the system works, you're going to shocked and amazed, wondering why this system wasn't developed sooner.

Originally posted by Zooch View Post
    Priced for under $30 is a bit of a stretch, but priced for under $29.99 - now that's a deal I can work with!

LOL. Just a lil stab at the controversy over here. I'm going to price it for $19.99!

Originally posted by NisshokuZK View Post
    I voted Yes for 29.99. I'm mainly sparked by what you call outlandish. Do you mean over-the-top Final Fantasy weapons? Because yes, I would be interested in that. )

http://www.gamesradar.com/gamings-mo...ncer-weigh-in/
    Yes I mean over-the-top and completely insane! Swap the Blade, Guard, and Handle Part Shapes, Morph them, then slap on cool Materials. With Morph Meshes, PBR Materials, Component Attachment...assemble any type of Fantastical Melee Weapons you can imagine!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I voted Yes for 29.99. I'm mainly sparked by what you call outlandish. Do you mean over-the-top Final Fantasy weapons? Because yes, I would be interested in that. )

http://www.gamesradar.com/gamings-mo...ncer-weigh-in/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Priced for under $30 is a bit of a stretch, but priced for under $29.99 - now that's a deal I can work with!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This sounds pretty awesome, could we see some more videos?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    when do you plan to release that techlord?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    me i really like it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm not interested in these types of weapons--my style is more sci fi. But as a price point I feel $30 is perfectly appropriate for this considering the amount of use you get from it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X