[SUPPORT] Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by polsds View Post
    Ok, cool. And where do I add the Grid Locations array? Do I add it to the grid manager BP class?
    Oh, sorry. The screenshot is from the WIP 1.8 update. One of the things I've done as part of refactoring for the next update is to change several variable names so that everything follows a consistent naming convension. GridLocations is the variable with the most different name compared to previous versions. It is the same as the old Vector Field Array, so use that array instead.
    The Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace page - Feedback thread)

Comment

Hi Monokkel,

I added :

LocalCurrentUnit -> getActorForwardVector -> convert_to_string -> printString
      the PrintString exec connected after the addActorLocalRotation

same things happen, I can't turn the pawn after initialisation and nothing is printed of course.
      even when pressing "A" , nothing is displayed.
      After I select an other Pawn, I can turn it as I want and the forward vector is correctly printed on screen.

it look like just after initialisation, the automatically selected first pawn doesn't know his coordinate ...
      could it be a localisation table not beeing populated ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	rotation_pb_init2.png
Views:	1
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	1126028
      Last edited by 0thy; 04-06-2017, 04:55 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=726862]0thy[/MENTION]: What happens if you just print "Hello World" instead of the name of the current unit when pressing A? Just to check that the player controller is receiving input at all.

Comment

[MENTION=4318]Monokkel[/MENTION]: "hello world" has the same problem ...
          it is not printed just after initialisation
          print only after something else is selected

Comment

@Othy: Does it work after clicking anywhere in the viewport? If so the problem is probably just caused by the game not being in focus.

Comment

it work even after clicking outside the grid

Comment

Originally posted by 0thy View Post
                it work even after clicking outside the grid
                Okay, as I expected. Try going to Editor Preferences -> Level Editor -> Play and setting Game gets Mouse Control to true. If that doesn't work, try using this node in the HUD widget: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ort/index.html

Comment

Hi Monokkel,
                  the "gets Mouse Control" make the trick
                  thanks again for your help !!

Comment

[MENTION=4318]Monokkel[/MENTION] how do you limit where the grid camera can move? I tried blocking it using blocking volumes but it didn't work. I even set the capsule collision to BlockAll but it doesn't do anything. Any help would be great!
                    Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

Comment

Originally posted by Jujaswe View Post
                      [MENTION=4318]Monokkel[/MENTION] how do you limit where the grid camera can move? I tried blocking it using blocking volumes but it didn't work. I even set the capsule collision to BlockAll but it doesn't do anything. Any help would be great!
                      In version 1.7 I limit the grid camera movment by checking its location as part of the nodes for panning in the Event Graph of BP_Grid_Camera. Here are the relevant nodes:Click image for larger version

Name:	paK30Uw.png
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	1126126

Blocking volumes are probably not working since I'm setting the location of the camera directly. If you want to use blocking volumes you would have to add your own system for panning.

By the way, your game looks awesome! I'll be following its progress closely

Comment

[MENTION=4318]Monokkel[/MENTION] thanks! I don't have that "Check Outer Bounds" function so I just used my own pawn movement. It works now.

Also, I don't know if this is already fixed in 1.7, but in 1.61 there's a bug when spawning units on a Multilevel. Particularly when the tile is higher than the 1st level. I fixed it by removing the "Vector to Index 3D Naive" in the Unit_Parent blueprint's construction script. I'm not sure if this will cause problems for me but it works for now.

And thanks for following my game. I'm glad you like it
                        Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

Comment

[MENTION=12406]Jujaswe[/MENTION] Great! The bug you mention is indeed something that was fixed in 1.7. Here is how I fixed it, though your solution sounds good as well.

Comment

[MENTION=4318]Monokkel[/MENTION] Purchased yesterday, thank you. I have got some of my own characters in with only a few minor problems.
                            First the animations start to play on the second movement they will not animate on the first move of game.
                            And second the death animation loops, any ideas that may help ?

Found The problem, in the pawn child at the event move timeline.. I changed the cast to anim BP to a pure and the animations work now on first move..Yehhh
                            Had a brain fart on the death too..it plays death anim until pawn is destroyed..will have to add a body on the ground after it dies..(headslap!!)

I love this set of blue prints.. thanks for your hard work...Gotta go play more..
                            Last edited by Skulldug; 04-14-2017, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skulldug View Post
                              [MENTION=4318]Monokkel[/MENTION] Purchased yesterday, thank you. I have got some of my own characters in with only a few minor problems.
                              First the animations start to play on the second movement they will not animate on the first move of game.
                              And second the death animation loops, any ideas that may help ?

Found The problem, in the pawn child at the event move timeline.. I changed the cast to anim BP to a pure and the animations work now on first move..Yehhh
                              Had a brain fart on the death too..it plays death anim until pawn is destroyed..will have to add a body on the ground after it dies..(headslap!!)

I love this set of blue prints.. thanks for your hard work...Gotta go play more..
                              Hi Skulldug, glad you figured it out own your own as I did nit get a notification of your comment and have been too busy during Easter to check the thread regularly. Good luck working with the toolkit!

Comment

[MENTION=4318]Monokkel[/MENTION]

Hello Monokkel,

Have an Issue, Like I said before in the forum, I recreated all the blueprints with them being a C++ class and all the variables so I can eventually rewrite in code, One issue I have at the moment is the move range tile (blue) seems to show up at index 0 when the player is near the last index (shown in picture Below), you can not click to move to it and a spline does not show, but it appears there, and only when the range goes beyond the last index of the grid it seems. I was just wondering if you could possibly point me in the right direction where I might of made a mistake in recreating the blueprints to make that happen?

Thanks again for all the help!

Matthew Douglas

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	840.7 KB
ID:	1126594

Comment

Working...
                                X