Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuhmachtmuh View Post
    Hello,

i have a problem with spawning units in a running game. I let spawn units by the task " spawn actor from class" in the level blueprint by pressing the key x, as test. everything works fine but, i can click on the fresh spawning unit, which is AI controlled and in the enemy team, and the unit make his move. But its not the enemys turn. Also by clicking the spawned unit i dont get the hatched fields to indicate the range of motion. So my question, is there a right way to spawn the units in the middle of a running level, without these problems? In 2019 it worked out for me.
    Hope you can help me and best wishes
    Hi Kuhmachtmuh, thank you for letting me know. I have reproduced the issue and this is not the intended behavior. This has to do with which player is set as the owner of the unit, which is currently being set incorrectly to the player for spawned AI units. I'll make sure to fix this in an upcoming hotfix. When I have the time to implement a fix to this particular issue I will post about it here.
    Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace - Support)

Dungeon Crawler Toolkit (Marketplace - Support)

Discord

Comment

Kuhmachtmuh: Ok, got to look at it now. Turned out to be a simple fix. Add the highlighed nodes to HandleUnitSpawning in BP_ATBTT_State:

Discord

Comment

Hello Monokkel,

My Puppets are animating fine in Play in Editor when i build the game they are stuck in a T-Pose could you please help Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Deftones4 View Post
          Hello Monokkel,

My Puppets are animating fine in Play in Editor when i build the game they are stuck in a T-Pose could you please help Cheers.
          Hmm, well that is odd. Are you using the default included puppets or have you added your own?

Discord

Comment

Two new videos on adding and animating puppets are up:

Discord

Comment

Originally posted by Monokkel View Post

Hmm, well that is odd. Are you using the default included puppets or have you added your own?
              Hello Monokkel,
              I worked out my issue the puppet mesh is made up of a series of skeletal meshes so i can customize each puppet. I assigned my UnitMesh a custom Anim Bp but i did not assign all of my attached meshes the same Anim BP. I went back to the editor and set them to the same Anim Bp rebuilt the game and everything is working. I hope this makes sence S Click image for larger version

Name:	123.png
Views:	160
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1857206

Comment

Originally posted by Deftones4 View Post

Hello Monokkel,
                I worked out my issue the puppet mesh is made up of a series of skeletal meshes so i can customize each puppet. I assigned my UnitMesh a custom Anim Bp but i did not assign all of my attached meshes the same Anim BP. I went back to the editor and set them to the same Anim Bp rebuilt the game and everything is working. I hope this makes sence S Click image for larger version

Name:	123.png
Views:	160
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1857206
                Aha, makes more sense that you would get that issue when you're trying something so different. Glad you figured it out!

Discord

Comment

For those who do not follow the ATBTT DIscord I thought I should make you aware of an amazing tutorial by mflux showing how you can add fog of war to 3D maps in ATBTT (the tutorial is also generic enough to be used for other projects). The tutorial can be found here. I also recommend checking out his really cool WIP tactics game Operators, which has a playtest demo available on Itch.

Discord

Comment

Yes. is exactli like heroes 3 . return atack. Multiplecreatures in 1 stack. Isend teh mesege in suport.i mace a game kice hmm3 with many other ideas. https://github.com/heroes-of-Strateg...0/commits/main

Comment

Hey all, version 3.01 of the ATBTT is live. This is not a feature update, but a hotfix that fixes several issues introduced in the last, big refactor. There are also a few minor changes and additions. Below are some of the bigger changes and fixes. For the full changelog see my Trello.

v3.01 (live 23.02.21)
                      • New pathfinding type preferring snaking paths to long turns on hex grids
                      • Added animation input pin to PuppetComponent event dispatchers, allowing bound events to know what animation has triggered.
                      • Custom Game Over text re-added.
                      • Fixed Place Actor at Anchor (was broken).
                      • Various fixes to units spawned at runtime.
                      • Fixed PassThroughFriendly pathfinding type. No longer removed units passed over from GridUnits.
                      • Fixed issue where some puppets would sporadically not spawn for clients in networked games.

Originally posted by ser.man94 View Post
                      Yes. is exactli like heroes 3 . return atack. Multiplecreatures in 1 stack. Isend teh mesege in suport.i mace a game kice hmm3 with many other ideas. https://github.com/heroes-of-Strateg...0/commits/main
                      Hi ser.man94. This is a pretty broad question so we'll have to take it one step at a time. First lets start with the HoMM-style unit stacks. The general approach here would be to add a new variable to BP_Unit holding the amount of units. When a unit takes damage so that current health reaches 0, the number of units would be subtracted rather than killing the unit (until number of units reaches 0). Also in your abilities you would multiply damage by number of units in the stack.

As I mentioned on Discord I have given an explanation in the support thread on how to achieve this before, which can be found here. However, this is for an older version of the toolkit and I understand that it might be difficult to convert if you're new to the toolkit. I'll give you a more detailed description on how to achieve this in the new version when time permits.

Discord

Comment

• Fixed Place Actor at Anchor (was broken).
                        • I was wondering if it was just me doing something wrong about this. Glad to know it's fixed now! Thank you for the update!
                        Artstation | 3D Artist | Krakow

Comment

Here is a starting point:

Create a duplicate of BP_Unity_Anim. Remove the HealthBar component and the functions referring to it (ModifyHealthBar and SetupHealthBar). Add a text render component to display the unit amount (a bit basic, but works for demo purposes). Enable tick and rotate the text render to face the camera on tick:

misin the component from image

if is posible sent thos file.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Justo View Post

I was wondering if it was just me doing something wrong about this. Glad to know it's fixed now! Thank you for the update![/LIST]
                            You're welcome Apologies if I gave you a headache.

Originally posted by ser.man94 View Post
                            Here is a starting point:

Create a duplicate of BP_Unity_Anim. Remove the HealthBar component and the functions referring to it (ModifyHealthBar and SetupHealthBar). Add a text render component to display the unit amount (a bit basic, but works for demo purposes). Enable tick and rotate the text render to face the camera on tick:

misin the component from image

if is posible sent thos file.
                            The reason things look different in the older post is because it is from an older version of ATBTT. In the new versions I do things like the Health Bar a bit differently. If you want to use the old version you can use the UE4.25 version of ATBTT, but I recommend using the new version, as I've made many improvements.

If you can have the patience to wait a few more days I will soon enter paternity leave and will have more time to help out with support. I just have a lot of work until then and this is a pretty complicated question to answer. I will need to test things out in the engine myself and post screenshots of my code. I should be able to help you sometime mid to late next week. I recommend you focus on some other part of your game until then. Hope you understand.

Discord

Comment

Originally posted by Monokkel View Post

You're welcome Apologies if I gave you a headache.

The reason things look different in the older post is because it is from an older version of ATBTT. In the new versions I do things like the Health Bar a bit differently. If you want to use the old version you can use the UE4.25 version of ATBTT, but I recommend using the new version, as I've made many improvements.

If you can have the patience to wait a few more days I will soon enter paternity leave and will have more time to help out with support. I just have a lot of work until then and this is a pretty complicated question to answer. I will need to test things out in the engine myself and post screenshots of my code. I should be able to help you sometime mid to late next week. I recommend you focus on some other part of your game until then. Hope you understand.
                              Thankyou not a problem to wait. it is lot of things to do.
                              Last edited by ser.man94; 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM.

Comment

hi @ monokkel . had some busy weeks but finally i have same time and my pc is working again XD
                                maybe you can remember of my chat plays project

so my goal is to have some form of free roam like in the hydra map .
                                i would like to skip the atk phase if im not in combat and the enemy should only activate/ detect if he can see/hear the player in range X .
                                also the camera should focus the enemy only if we are in combat. if not the cam focus should be on the player all the time
                                i tried to have a look in the hydras map but my understanding of the turn system is apparently to low so i hope you can help me with some screenshots or something else :-(

in this case the chat should only enter tiles from the blue grid options (skip the part with c3) until the enemy dedects the player and the cam shoudnt switch to the enemy til combat is activated
                                Last edited by Domsndom; 02-28-2021, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X