[SUPPORT] Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that was it. Big big thanks again
    Exept for higher critchances, again a mistake on my site maybe.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Infest1908; 07-27-2020, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Infest1908 View Post
      Yes that was it. Big big thanks again
      Exept for higher critchances, again a mistake on my site maybe.
      Not sure. Can you show me what exact values you are putting into the function?
      Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace - Support)

Dungeon Crawler Toolkit (Marketplace - Support)

Discord

Comment

I'm following the beginner tutorials and I can create my own tile and change the edge costs, and all works well. The move cursor shows up fine on the GridManager tiles, but is does not display on my new tile. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
        Last edited by Dijon; 07-28-2020, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dijon View Post
          I'm following the beginner tutorials and I can create my own tile and change the edge costs, and all works well. The move cursor shows up fine on the GridManager tiles, but is does not display on my new tile. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
          I'll have to guess, but perhaps the mesh of your new tile doesn't have collision geometry? Or it doesn't block PathTrace in its collision settings?

Discord

Comment

It has collision (simple) and collision is set to Block All which includes Path Trace. Anything else come to mind?

Comment

Yes of course, I have tested it with: MinDam=9 MaxDam=14 Critchance=100 Multiplier=1,5 Current Health=14 / Should be 100% killchance I think.

Comment

How do you handle a case where the levels have doors that can be opened/closed, as this will change the navigable area?

Comment

On further testing, the Move To square does not show up on top of any derived BP_GA_Tile or BP_GA_Tile_Square. Therefore, I must be doing something wrong

Comment

Hello Mono using the Experimental only thing I have changed is the name of the Enemy's to GridEnemy and added to the main player the laser, sprint and grenade ability's BP by adding the blueprint to main player but always run into the following Errors. got any ideas?

Blueprint Runtime Error: "Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetComponentByClass_ReturnValue_2". Blueprint: BP_Ability_Laser Function: Find Hit Chance and if Hit Graph: FindHitChanceAndIfHit Node: Calculate Hit Chance
                    Blueprint Runtime Error: "Attempted to access HealthBar via property HealthBar, but HealthBar is pending kill". Blueprint: GridEnemy Function: Setup Health Bar Graph: SetupHealthBar Node: Create Dynamic Material Instance
                    Blueprint Runtime Error: "Accessed None trying to read property HealthBarMaterial". Blueprint: GridEnemy Function: Setup Health Bar Graph: SetupHealthBar Node: Set Scalar Parameter Value
                    Blueprint Runtime Error: "Attempted to access ThirdPersonChild via property ThirdPersonChild, but ThirdPersonChild is pending kill". Blueprint: GridEnemy Function: Construction Script Graph: UserConstructionScript Node: Cast To BP_ThirdPersonCharacter
                    Blueprint Runtime Error: "Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetComponentByClass_ReturnValue". Blueprint: BP_Ability_Laser Function: Find Hit Chance and if Hit Graph: FindHitChanceAndIfHit Node: Calculate Hit Chance
                    Blueprint Runtime Error: "Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetComponentByClass_ReturnValue_2". Blueprint: BP_Ability_Laser Function: Find Hit Chance and if Hit Graph: FindHitChanceAndIfHit Node: Calculate Hit Chance
                    Blueprint Runtime Error: "Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetComponentByClass_ReturnValue". Blueprint: BP_Ability_Laser Function: Find Hit Chance and if Hit Graph: FindHitChanceAndIfHit Node: Calculate Hit Chance

also odd glitch when combat starts a 2nd time the camera seems to be way off and does not lock on to the correct spots
                    Last edited by codeyhanson; 07-30-2020, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Sorry for the late answers, but my wife gave birth yesterday so I have been quite preoccupied. I have a tiny bit of time now, so I'll answer briefly, but it might potentially take a few days until I can reply properly.

Originally posted by Infest1908 View Post
                      Yes of course, I have tested it with: MinDam=9 MaxDam=14 Critchance=100 Multiplier=1,5 Current Health=14 / Should be 100% killchance I think.
                      Seems like same issue, different number? Critchance should be 1.00, not 100.00

It has collision (simple) and collision is set to Block All which includes Path Trace. Anything else come to mind?
                      On further testing, the Move To square does not show up on top of any derived BP_GA_Tile or BP_GA_Tile_Square. Therefore, I must be doing something wrong
                      Hard to know what you are doing wrong, but that means that the issue happens during grid generation. You can try to debug the grid generation functions yourself, wait for me to come back in a few days, or perhaps try to ask for help on the ATBTT discord.

How do you handle a case where the levels have doors that can be opened/closed, as this will change the navigable area?
                      The UpdateTilesInRange function can be used for this. I answered a similar question a few pages back in this thread if you need details.

Originally posted by codeyhanson View Post
                      Hello Mono using the Experimental only thing I have changed is the name of the Enemy's to GridEnemy and added to the main player the laser, sprint and grenade ability's BP by adding the blueprint to main player but always run into the following Errors. got any ideas?

Blueprint Runtime Error: "Attempted to access HealthBar via property HealthBar, but HealthBar is pending kill". Blueprint: GridEnemy Function: Setup Health Bar Graph: SetupHealthBar Node: Create Dynamic Material Instance
                      Blueprint Runtime Error: "Accessed None trying to read property HealthBarMaterial". Blueprint: GridEnemy Function: Setup Health Bar Graph: SetupHealthBar Node: Set Scalar Parameter Value
                      Blueprint Runtime Error: "Attempted to access ThirdPersonChild via property ThirdPersonChild, but ThirdPersonChild is pending kill". Blueprint: GridEnemy Function: Construction Script Graph: UserConstructionScript Node: Cast To BP_ThirdPersonCharacter

also odd glitch when combat starts a 2nd time the camera seems to be way off and does not lock on to the correct spots
                      Not sure about the second one, but the first erros happen because the abilities in the JungleRaid example for the most part assumes that your actors have some components. Namely that your unit have the ExtraAttributes and StealthUnit component and your GridManager has the stealth and cover components.

Discord

Comment

Thanks Monokkel. I apologize, I worded my question poorly. Even when I add a square that comes with the toolkit, the move cursor displays underneath it rather than on top. If I add a toolkit wall, it behaves as expected. I have not make any changes to the base code that you provided with the toolkit. Congrats, BTW! Is it a boy or girl?

Edit: I just tried your SplitAnimations level and the cursor doesn't show on top of the teleporter either. Something you recently changed, maybe?
                        Last edited by Dijon; 07-30-2020, 11:32 AM. Reason: Updated info

Comment

Congrats to you and your wife.

Comment

Hello! Been working with this awesome kit for the last week or so and have been enjoying diving into it, and these posts. I seem to be running into a problem with adding units at runtime and wondering if anyone has a VERY CLEAR and concise way to do so for absolute utter morons like myself.

I'd like to randomly spawn enemies across the entire grid each time the player gives an input, (X) in this case. I've duplicated the BP_Unit_Anim, just changed its color and thats it. Next, I'm running add some baddies from the grid manager (hopefully the right place to call it from). Everything seems cool so far. They spawn, move around, attack (for a while), then i get:

With no Ability component added to the BP_Unit_Anim_Enemy bp copy, i get:

Infinite loop detected. Blueprint: BPFL_ActionGetters Function: Get Action Name

Code:
                            Script call stack:
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/Abilities/BP_Ability.BP_Ability_C:ReturnValue
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/Abilities/BP_Ability.BP_Ability_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BP_Ability
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_TurnManager.BP_TurnManager_C:BeginNextValidActorTurn
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_TurnManager.BP_TurnManager_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BP_TurnManager
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/Units/BP_Unit.BP_Unit_C:DeselectActor
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/Units/BP_Unit.BP_Unit_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BP_Unit
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_TurnManager.BP_TurnManager_C:RunOnActorDeselected
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_TurnManager.BP_TurnManager_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BP_TurnManager
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_PlayerController_ATBTT.BP_PlayerController_ATBTT_C:ActivateAbility
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_PlayerController_ATBTT.BP_PlayerController_ATBTT_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BP_PlayerController_ATBTT
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_ActionManager.BP_ActionManager_C:InitializeQueuedActions
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_ActionManager.BP_ActionManager_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BP_ActionManager
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_ActionManager.BP_ActionManager_C:MulticastInitializeQueuedActions
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_ActionManager.BP_ActionManager_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BP_ActionManager
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_ActionManager.BP_ActionManager_C:RunNextAction
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_ActionManager.BP_ActionManager_C:EndAction
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_ActionManager.BP_ActionManager_C:RunNextAction
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_ActionManager.BP_ActionManager_C:EndAction
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/Abilities/BP_Ability_MoveAttack.BP_Ability_MoveAttack_C:AnimateAction
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/Abilities/BP_Ability_MoveAttack.BP_Ability_MoveAttack_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BP_Ability_MoveAttack
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/Abilities/BP_Ability.BP_Ability_C:AnimateAction
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/Abilities/BP_Ability.BP_Ability_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BP_Ability
                            Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BPFL_ActionGetters.BPFL_ActionGetters_C:GetActionName

With Ability component added to the BP_Unit_Anim_Enemy bp copy, i get:
                            Blueprint Runtime Error: "Attempted to access index 0 from array CallFunc_GetIntegerArray_Integers of length 0!". Blueprint: BP_Unit Function: Update Ability Box Graph: SplitArray Node: Add

And no enemies move. I've tried nearly everything I can find in these threads, (including the other attached fix) and I very well may have missed something really obvious. Any insight would be infinitely appreciated!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ok sorry for the delay, people. Turns out newborns are quite time consuming. Who woulda thunk?

Thanks Monokkel. I apologize, I worded my question poorly. Even when I add a square that comes with the toolkit, the move cursor displays underneath it rather than on top. If I add a toolkit wall, it behaves as expected. I have not make any changes to the base code that you provided with the toolkit. Congrats, BTW! Is it a boy or girl?

Edit: I just tried your SplitAnimations level and the cursor doesn't show on top of the teleporter either. Something you recently changed, maybe?
                              For the teleporter I think it is simply the case of its mesh not blocking PathTrace, meaning that the tile the teleporter is placed on is added as a GridLocation at startup instead of the top of the teleporter. As the hover marker shows up at the GridLocation, it will be hidden by the teleporter.

Hard to know what might be going wrong in your setup. Perhaps you could share a screenshot or short clip of what is happening?

Originally posted by Skulldug View Post
                              Congrats to you and your wife.
                              Thanks Skulldug! These last few days have been pretty intense

Originally posted by darthje5u5 View Post
                              Hello! Been working with this awesome kit for the last week or so and have been enjoying diving into it, and these posts. I seem to be running into a problem with adding units at runtime and wondering if anyone has a VERY CLEAR and concise way to do so for absolute utter morons like myself.

I'd like to randomly spawn enemies across the entire grid each time the player gives an input, (X) in this case. I've duplicated the BP_Unit_Anim, just changed its color and thats it. Next, I'm running add some baddies from the grid manager (hopefully the right place to call it from). Everything seems cool so far. They spawn, move around, attack (for a while), then i get:

With no Ability component added to the BP_Unit_Anim_Enemy bp copy, i get:

Infinite loop detected. Blueprint: BPFL_ActionGetters Function: Get Action Name

Code:
                              Script call stack:
                              Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/Abilities/BP_Ability.BP_Ability_C:ReturnValue
                              Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_TurnManager.BP_TurnManager_C:BeginNextValidActorTurn
                              Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/Units/BP_Unit.BP_Unit_C:DeselectActor
                              Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/Units/BP_Unit.BP_Unit_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BP_Unit
                              Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_TurnManager.BP_TurnManager_C:RunOnActorDeselected
                              Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_PlayerController_ATBTT.BP_PlayerController_ATBTT_C:ActivateAbility
                              Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_PlayerController_ATBTT.BP_PlayerController_ATBTT_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BP_PlayerController_ATBTT
                              Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_ActionManager.BP_ActionManager_C:InitializeQueuedActions
                              Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BP_ActionManager.BP_ActionManager_C:MulticastInitializeQueuedActions
                              Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/Abilities/BP_Ability_MoveAttack.BP_Ability_MoveAttack_C:AnimateAction
                              Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/Abilities/BP_Ability_MoveAttack.BP_Ability_MoveAttack_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BP_Ability_MoveAttack
                              Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/Abilities/BP_Ability.BP_Ability_C:AnimateAction
                              Function /Game/AdvancedTurnBasedTileToolkit/Core/BPFL_ActionGetters.BPFL_ActionGetters_C:GetActionName

With Ability component added to the BP_Unit_Anim_Enemy bp copy, i get:
                              Blueprint Runtime Error: "Attempted to access index 0 from array CallFunc_GetIntegerArray_Integers of length 0!". Blueprint: BP_Unit Function: Update Ability Box Graph: SplitArray Node: Add

And no enemies move. I've tried nearly everything I can find in these threads, (including the other attached fix) and I very well may have missed something really obvious. Any insight would be infinitely appreciated!
                              Hmm, not sure exactly what is going on here. Thanks for the detailed explanation, but I'm a bit too pressed on time to test this out personally these days. I have suggestions for a few things you can test, though. If you spawn a single unit with this setup, do you get the same issue? If you spawn a significantly smaller number of units to you get the same issue? What if you add a gate, checking if GridUnits does not already an index on the tile you spawn the unit? What if you use just the regular unmodified BP_Unit_Anim blueprint, all using the default ability? If you can provide answers to these it will help narrow it down, so that I can come up with a suggestion.

Discord

Comment

Congrats on the baby you where totally right on the components thing I needed to add it to the enemies as well and needed the ExtraAttributes and that fixed everything thank you. will understand you have limited time but wondering a similar thing as above post when I use the following below in the hybrid example noting change but the trigger for combat I added the following to spawn a unit with AI checked and enemy but when it becomes its turn all I get is end turn and the unit does noting. Click image for larger version

Name:	spawn.PNG
Views:	26
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	1796605

Comment

Working...
                                X