Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EagleEyeGamma View Post
    Hello Monokkel,

Its been awhile but everything in my project is now working wonderfully and I wanted to ask how do you limit the player's camera movement in this toolkit?
    Just to prevent them from going out of bounds or the edge of the map.

Thanks< EagleEyeGamma
    Great that the project is going well I've hacked together something you can use to constrain the camera. It is a bit ugly, but functional. I might play around with it a bit and include something like this in a future update. Add the following function to the Pan comment box in BP_GridCamera:

This is the function body (pastebin):

Hope that gives you the result you are looking for

In action:

Last edited by Monokkel; 04-20-2020, 12:10 PM.
    Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace - Support)

Dungeon Crawler Toolkit (Marketplace - Support)

Discord

Comment

I was trying to add this too, as it would be a great idea to not have the player fly off the map. But cant add the code, If i paste it onto blue print screen the Unreal Engine crashes..

Comment

Originally posted by ecstrider View Post
        I was trying to add this too, as it would be a great idea to not have the player fly off the map. But cant add the code, If i paste it onto blue print screen the Unreal Engine crashes..
        Try copying parts of the graph or recreating it manually. Maybe blueprintue doesn't like calls to functions from function libraries?

Discord

Comment

Thanks so much for the blueprint and it works great however on my end it weirdly locks onto certain parts of the map and won't allow you to move the camera to other parts of the grid itself for some reason on maps I've made in the toolkit.

Comment

Thanks so much for the blueprint and it works great however on my end it weirdly locks onto certain parts of the map and won't allow you to move the camera to other parts of the grid itself for some reason on maps I've made in the toolkit.
            Ok, that's too bad. I hacked it together pretty quickly, so there are probably some issues I'm unaware of. Are you able to reproduce the issues on a new map? If so, can you give me the steps to reproduce it?

Discord

Comment

I figured it out it, just has to do with changing the Multiplier for the Return Value and the number given in the multiplier for the Min value for the clamps. So I'm now trying to figure out a value that can work for any and all maps.Also any idea how to make change levels a bit more cleanly? I've tried it on my own but its awkward as it cuts you straight to the level without showing the victory screen, I've tried putting a normal delay but it doesn't want to show up for this function. I think a solution might be having a menu pop up after the win or lose screen pops up but maybe that would be cluttered?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by EagleEyeGamma; 04-26-2020, 12:17 PM. Reason: More details and clarity.

Comment

I figured it out it, just has to do with changing the Multiplier for the Return Value and the number given in the multiplier for the Min value for the clamps. So I'm now trying to figure out a value that can work for any and all maps.Also any idea how to make change levels a bit more cleanly? I've tried it on my own but its awkward as it cuts you straight to the level without showing the victory screen, I've tried putting a normal delay but it doesn't want to show up for this function. I think a solution might be having a menu pop up after the win or lose screen pops up but maybe that would be cluttered?
                For blocking the grid camera from panning infinitely there is likely some minor adjustment that needs to be made to make sure it works for all maps. I'll look a bit more into it.

Edit: Seems to work fine on all grid sizes on my end. Have you altered the grid in any way? Different tile meshes etc? What options have you enabled for the GridManager?

As for loading a map after the victory screen, you cannot add a delay inside a function, but you can do so in the event graph just before you call your OpenLevel function.

Discord

Comment

hi knut

I ran into a problem that I have tried to solve for hours but unsuccessfully, hoping you could help me.

1. in my set up i start with other level (not with a gridmanager inside). in the game mode bp_atbtt on beginplay i am going to a widget(instead of continue with the core setup) , then from this widget i am opening another level (with the gridmanager inside) and from there i continue to the activate atbtt.
                  the problem is that after the level is open its get stack (noting happens) . i saw that the grid manager reference in the setup core blueprints returns noting and it doesn't get to the client setup ever. i have tried to use a delay after the open level (not in a function) but the delay for some reason is not working( its get stuck there).
                  if i use stream level then is working, but i don't want to use stream level. i am very confused about that one. i don't fully understand what is going there.

edit: now i am sure that i definitely need to do some sort of delay after the open level, but no matter what i do its not working.

2. if i open the level (with the stream level option) and then i spawn unit then every thing works great. the problem is if i have a unit that was not spawned (was placed on the grid before) then i get error with the function handle unit spawning. i understand that this function is called from the construction scrip and still don't have reference for the turn manager and that is the error i am getting (i think). what can i do about it?

cheers

leo
                  Last edited by leo bar; 04-28-2020, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Hey Monokkel, does the hybrid map example still exist in the toolkit? All I see is the teleport experimental map and I was excited to know this toolkit had such an example when I purchased it. If it doesn't exist anymore, do you have it anywhere that I can reference?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by leo bar View Post
                      hi knut

I ran into a problem that I have tried to solve for hours but unsuccessfully, hoping you could help me.

1. in my set up i start with other level (not with a gridmanager inside). in the game mode bp_atbtt on beginplay i am going to a widget(instead of continue with the core setup) , then from this widget i am opening another level (with the gridmanager inside) and from there i continue to the activate atbtt.
                      the problem is that after the level is open its get stack (noting happens) . i saw that the grid manager reference in the setup core blueprints returns noting and it doesn't get to the client setup ever. i have tried to use a delay after the open level (not in a function) but the delay for some reason is not working( its get stuck there).
                      if i use stream level then is working, but i don't want to use stream level. i am very confused about that one. i don't fully understand what is going there.

edit: now i am sure that i definitely need to do some sort of delay after the open level, but no matter what i do its not working.

2. if i open the level (with the stream level option) and then i spawn unit then every thing works great. the problem is if i have a unit that was not spawned (was placed on the grid before) then i get error with the function handle unit spawning. i understand that this function is called from the construction scrip and still don't have reference for the turn manager and that is the error i am getting (i think). what can i do about it?

cheers

leo
                      Hey leo, sorry that this is taking a bit of time. This is a non-trivial problem, so I need to spend a bit of time to figure it out. I will let you know when I have a solution.

Discord

Comment

hi knut

no problem, there is no rush. thanks for looking at it.

leo

Comment

Hello, Im trying to make multiplayer turn-based-combat game with your toolkit and I'm stuck with replications. In action manager, you make multicast and pass an array of FActions. But it' seems, you can't pass Array of objects, because it always empty. Moreover, some objects like Bp_Ability_MoveAttack doesn't pass either though it is checked to be replicated in its blueprint. So the only object that the client receive is TurnManage, other objArrays in FActions are empty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	212121.png
Views:	122
Size:	375.5 KB
ID:	1752923

Comment

Originally posted by SOMEONE_INSANE View Post
                            Hey Monokkel, does the hybrid map example still exist in the toolkit? All I see is the teleport experimental map and I was excited to know this toolkit had such an example when I purchased it. If it doesn't exist anymore, do you have it anywhere that I can reference?

Thanks!
                            It should be there. You'll find it in Maps/Experimental/Hybrid. You're using the latest version of ATBTT for UE4.24?

Originally posted by SpamBotWinner View Post
                            Hello, Im trying to make multiplayer turn-based-combat game with your toolkit and I'm stuck with replications. In action manager, you make multicast and pass an array of FActions. But it' seems, you can't pass Array of objects, because it always empty. Moreover, some objects like Bp_Ability_MoveAttack doesn't pass either though it is checked to be replicated in its blueprint. So the only object that the client receive is TurnManage, other objArrays in FActions are empty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	212121.png
Views:	122
Size:	375.5 KB
ID:	1752923
                            The toolkit should be set up to replicate correctly by default. There are a couple of bugs that will be fixed in the next version, namely replicating the ability system and some issues with loading maps, but for the most part it should work. Where are you calling your debug function from? The action manager passes all actions through a RPC, and that should work fine. You are correct that passing references to UObjects has some limitations in UE4, which is why I'm using structs instead.

Discord

Comment

leo bar: Looking into your level loading issue, but I'm a bit confused. It seems similar to what I'm doing from the MainMenu map, which is a map with only a widget and no grid manager used for loading maps with a grid manager. This works fine, so I'm not sure what is the difference between our setups. It seems like you are using BP_ATBTT as the game mode for the widget map, which seems unnecessary. Could you explain the differences between your setup and mine and your reasons for doing things differently?

Discord

Comment

hi knut

i just manage to work around it. yes i am using the BP_ATBTT as the game mode for the widget map. so i made another actor witch handle all the opening of levels and that made it work.

are you using 2 different game mode? one for the widget (or other stuff) and one for levels with gridmanager inside? if so how you alternate between those two game mode? and if this way is preferable ?

another question is if you know if there is some way to know when the level is finished loading like in the stream level option ? i need this for the loading screen.

thanks in advance

leo

Comment

Working...
                                X