[SUPPORT] Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monokkel View Post
    Everything seems to be working perfectly on my end. How is the toolkit set up and what do you do to make this error occur? Is it every time you have a player pawn selected and click an enemy pawn within move range, for instance?
    The toolkit is set up the same way as I recieved it from you and I literally just click the same tile the enemy is standing on in movement mode and the character runs ON TO that tile; As opposed to next to it.
    KITATUS
    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Having a weird issue. Before I would place the square_wall_invisible to block off areas like walls and other things I didn't want the pawns to walk through. All of a sudden now, those wall blueprints are doing nothing and are not having their intended effect. I placed several when I began construction of the map, and now hours later, newly placed boxes are not working at all. http://youtu.be/6X7D583fltQ is a video of it.

Comment

So looking at the videos on the Epic channel (HERE) it seems all that would have to change is that the AI stuff would have to be stripped out and replaced with another player and the events turned into "Replicate / Multicast" events; With like two button clicks on the custom event properties.

Seems like a simple challenge! I'll give it a go; Just have to get everything working in single player first 8]
        KITATUS

Comment

Originally posted by Maeglin17 View Post
          Having a weird issue. Before I would place the square_wall_invisible to block off areas like walls and other things I didn't want the pawns to walk through. All of a sudden now, those wall blueprints are doing nothing and are not having their intended effect. I placed several when I began construction of the map, and now hours later, newly placed boxes are not working at all. http://youtu.be/6X7D583fltQ is a video of it.
          Hi Maeglin, you need to change the height slow increment to be something other than 0. Height slow increment is the increment in unreal units at which the edge costs between two tiles increases by one. If it is set to 50, for instance, the edge cost will increase by 1 for every 50 unreal units there is in height difference between two adjacent tiles. You have set it to 0 which means it checks an infinite amount of intervals, which somehow makes all edges cost 1 it seems. In any case, don't leave it at 0. If you do not want to use a slow increment make it somethin equal to or higher than the Height Impassable Cutoff.

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
          So looking at the videos on the Epic channel (HERE) it seems all that would have to change is that the AI stuff would have to be stripped out and replaced with another player and the events turned into "Replicate / Multicast" events; With like two button clicks on the custom event properties.

Seems like a simple challenge! I'll give it a go; Just have to get everything working in single player first 8]
          Great! I also suspected it would be relatively easy from my naïve understanding of replication, and it's good to hear you have the same hunch with your extensive blueprint knowledge. I was planning to implement this at some point, but that's still far into the future, so I'd be really interested in seeing your results.

By the way, I still can't replicate the error you reported of units walking on top of each other. Everything seems to be working fine. Are you getting the same issue in 4.7?
          The Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace page - Feedback thread)

Comment

Hi Maeglin, you need to change the height slow increment to be something other than 0. Height slow increment is the increment in unreal units at which the edge costs between two tiles increases by one. If it is set to 50, for instance, the edge cost will increase by 1 for every 50 unreal units there is in height difference between two adjacent tiles. You have set it to 0 which means it checks an infinite amount of intervals, which somehow makes all edges cost 1 it seems. In any case, don't leave it at 0. If you do not want to use a slow increment make it somethin equal to or higher than the Height Impassable Cutoff.

Great! I also suspected it would be relatively easy from my naïve understanding of replication, and it's good to hear you have the same hunch with your extensive blueprint knowledge. I was planning to implement this at some point, but that's still far into the future, so I'd be really interested in seeing your results.

By the way, I still can't replicate the error you reported of units walking on top of each other. Everything seems to be working fine. Are you getting the same issue in 4.7?
            It seems to have been fixed between the latest preview and 4.8; Happened with another Marketplace item too; How weird. It's all working now
            KITATUS

Comment

Argh, All of a sudden (Using the 4.8 stuff) everything randomly broke. Literally, just all of a sudden. For hours it worked fine then all of a sudden, player was doing the tile #1 thing again, random tiles weren't walkable the works. Literally just out of the blue. Taking a look at everything, I have no idea why it happened

Reverting back to the back-up #1 (Vanilla) seemed to fix it; But it's such a random, annoying bug!
              KITATUS

Comment

Thanks Monokkel, I added those nodes in, and it works like a charm now.

I had a feeling it was somewhere in the AI controller, but I just couldn't figure out where. Either way, it's working fine now, so now I can get back to tinkering. Thanks again for the help, as well as for making such an awesome and useful toolkit!

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
                  Argh, All of a sudden (Using the 4.8 stuff) everything randomly broke. Literally, just all of a sudden. For hours it worked fine then all of a sudden, player was doing the tile #1 thing again, random tiles weren't walkable the works. Literally just out of the blue. Taking a look at everything, I have no idea why it happened

Reverting back to the back-up #1 (Vanilla) seemed to fix it; But it's such a random, annoying bug!
                  Well that's disconcerting... Any chance that the error could be nonrandom? What wasw the last thing you were doing before it occured?

Originally posted by Shenku View Post
                  Thanks Monokkel, I added those nodes in, and it works like a charm now.

I had a feeling it was somewhere in the AI controller, but I just couldn't figure out where. Either way, it's working fine now, so now I can get back to tinkering. Thanks again for the help, as well as for making such an awesome and useful toolkit!
                  Great to hear, and thanks again for letting me know

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Every time I convert the project to 4.8 it keeps trying to move to the #1 Index tile. Seems to break the AI as well. If I had to guess, I think the character's think they are possessed at Index 1.

Edit #1 - Yep, looks like the game thinks they are always at Index #1. Know why that would be?
                    Last edited by Element457; 06-11-2015, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Element457 View Post
                      I'm having the same problem. Every time I convert the project to 4.8 it keeps trying to move to the #1 Index tile. Seems to break the AI as well. If I had to guess, I think the character's think they are possessed at Index 1.

Edit #1 - Yep, looks like the game thinks they are always at Index #1. Know why that would be?
                      Hmm, not good. And you've followed my conversion instructions in the original post?

Comment

Hmm, not good. And you've followed my conversion instructions in the original post?
                        Ahh, I imagine that would be the problem. I'll be able to follow your steps in a few hours.

And I wanted to thank you for the outstanding toolkit Monokkel. It is saving our studio a tremendous amount of time!

Edit #1 - Looks like your changes did the trick. Although, some of the nodes are still becoming disconnected, such as the Set Target Marker. Maybe it's a glitch within 4.8? I'll probably wait for 4.8.1
                        Last edited by Element457; 06-11-2015, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Element457 View Post
                          Ahh, I imagine that would be the problem. I'll be able to follow your steps in a few hours.

And I wanted to thank you for the outstanding toolkit Monokkel. It is saving our studio a tremendous amount of time!

Edit #1 - Looks like your changes did the trick. Although, some of the nodes are still becoming disconnected, such as the Set Target Marker. Maybe it's a glitch within 4.8? I'll probably wait for 4.8.1
                          Thanks, glad you're enjoying it!

Good to hear the changes are working. The disconnects seem to be a bug with 4.8. I reported this to Epic a few days ago, but they were apparently not able to fix it before the update. If you want to have it working now, a workaround is to drag out a vector and select "make new vector" instead of splitting it on the node itself. I've just sent a new patch to epic which makes the toolkit compatible with 4.8. It uses the mentioned workaround among others. It will hopefully be up in a few days time.

Comment

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it!

Good to hear the changes are working. The disconnects seem to be a bug with 4.8. I reported this to Epic a few days ago, but they were apparently not able to fix it before the update. If you want to have it working now, a workaround is to drag out a vector and select "make new vector" instead of splitting it on the node itself. I've just sent a new patch to epic which makes the toolkit compatible with 4.8. It uses the mentioned workaround among others. It will hopefully be up in a few days time.
                            Is there a super-simple way to just turn off input? I tried setting DisableInput to true but it broke a lot of things, haha. Is there anywhere in the code, I can just add a little bit to basically turn off the tile toolkit (For example, for when the level is complete .etc)?
                            KITATUS

Comment

Also, I'm having trouble finding the code for the red "Attack" squares; You know - When after the player has moved, It shows the red attack tiles? I'm having trouble finding where the red tiles come into play (Basically, I want to be able to disable that if player is not in range or if enemy is dead .etc) - ALSO ALSO, I'm having trouble finding where to put an event before the player is allowed to move.

Basically, I wanted to add code so a player can select a buff before moving; But I've scowered the code and watched your videos and have no idea where this change is.

Man, it's so much easier to understand when it's your own code :P When it's someone elses, It's so hard to find a specific thing then you'd do it a specific way :P

But yeah, Help on that would be super-awesome; I've spent a good few hours trying to find a solution to these three quabbles (Including the post above), Would you be able to lend a hand? In return, As promised, I'll get it working via Multiplayer for you 8]
                              KITATUS

Comment

Oh my god, thank you! It worked.

Comment

Working...
                                X