No announcement yet.

[SUPPORT] Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if this is a known issue, and if not where I should report bugs, but I was getting a friend into using ATBTT and when going to show him the initial example map (unmodified) there are many problems and bugs now. Sometimes units run to the wrong tiles, sometimes shows the path marker for AI and will stay while the enemy is moving, etc. This issues occur randomly and not every run. Are these known issues?
    Last edited by Asheron; 02-05-2020, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SimBuz View Post
      Hello, could you point to location where decals are drawn and how you detect when and where to draw it? Thanks!
      The calls to draw decals are done from the current active ability in the SpawnTileMarkers function. Static meshes in UE4 can be set to receive decals in their settings under Rendering -> bReceivesDecals.

Originally posted by Asheron View Post
      I'm not sure if this is a known issue, and if not where I should report bugs, but I was getting a friend into using ATBTT and when going to show him the initial example map (unmodified) there are many problems and bugs now. Sometimes units run to the wrong tiles, sometimes shows the path marker for AI and will stay while the enemy is moving, etc. This issues occur randomly and not every run. Are these known issues?
      Hey Asheron, sorry to hear that. This is the right place to report bugs. These issues are news to me. Could you give me some more info? Are you using the latest version of ATBTT and latest version of UE4? Are you using a Windows computer? Could you tell me the precise steps to replicate the issues you are having so I can test it myself? Also, if anyone else following this thread are having the same issues, please let me know.
      Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace - Support)

Dungeon Crawler Toolkit (Marketplace - Support)

Discord

Comment

Hey Monokkel, it's with the latest UE, ATBTT, and on windows. The problem is completely intermittent and so quite hard to debug as it seems quite rare only happening off and on. I just created a fresh project to show him, and the second character I moved ran to a random tile. It happened again a few games later where a character randomly moved to an enemy tile and was on the same tile. Twice it has shown the path line draw for the enemy and it stays there until it has moved. I saw the behavior while showing him and he found a few on his own (without modifications)... I don't see any of this behavior in my actual game project though. If I can find a repro case I'll jump in and debug it and/or post here.

Comment

Originally posted by Monokkel View Post

Thanks I've got a few other projects now that I'm working on in parallel, but I always come back to ATBTT. I feel it is more or less feature complete at this point, but there is always more stuff that can be added in the form of utility functions, gameplay examples etc.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. This should indeed be a good fit for the new function. I finished it today. It will be included in the next update (which I'll likely release along with UE4.25), but you can have it now.

Here is the main function (pastebin link)

First nested function (pastebin):

Second nested function (pastebin)

The UpdateTilesInRange function works by getting grid indexes in range of a source index and adding them to GridLocations and GridEdges in much the same way as happens for the entire grid during startup. As mentioned, the edges entering into a tile is generally stored in the adjacent tiles, so you need this function to cover a tile area of one tile more in each direction than the GridIndexes you are adding to the grid.

If you have not done so already I recommend seeing this video to understand how the toolkit indexes tiles. Let me know if you run into any difficulties.
          My project partner and I have attempted to add these blueprints in and are having issues getting it to compile. Would you happen to have a more accurate time on when you will be pushing the update with these new features?

Comment

Originally posted by RTE1984 View Post

My project partner and I have attempted to add these blueprints in and are having issues getting it to compile. Would you happen to have a more accurate time on when you will be pushing the update with these new features?
            What sort of compile errors are you getting? Perhaps you just need to add some new local variables? I'm planning to release the next update whenever Epic decide to release their next major engine update.

Discord

Comment

Hello could you please show me how to set a online match i followed the steps on page 135 and i can get both players to join a match but player 2 acts like a spectator and can not control any character. I am running this on 2 separate PC's both with different steam ID's i have set two of the enemy characters default owning player as 1 and i have two player characters have their default owning player set as 0. Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Monokkel View Post

What sort of compile errors are you getting? Perhaps you just need to add some new local variables? I'm planning to release the next update whenever Epic decide to release their next major engine update.
                The error is with the "convert grid index to grid location" function.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Error-Image.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	1719259

Comment

Originally posted by Deftones4 View Post
                  Hello could you please show me how to set a online match i followed the steps on page 135 and i can get both players to join a match but player 2 acts like a spectator and can not control any character. I am running this on 2 separate PC's both with different steam ID's i have set two of the enemy characters default owning player as 1 and i have two player characters have their default owning player set as 0. Thanks for your help
                  I'll have to rule out some possibilities here. Does it work during Play in Editor? If you set Number of Players to 2 and the default owning player of a unit to 1, does it work correctly?

Originally posted by GFJ View Post
                  The error is with the "convert grid index to grid location" function.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Error-Image.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	1719259
                  Oh, sorry. Forgot that was also a new function. Here you go (pastebin):

Discord

Comment

I managed to get it working by setting one the characters to Faction 3 and the default owning player as 1 and then left the other one as player faction and owning player as 0. I than added some more factions and tested them they all seem to be working fine. Does this mean i am not to use the enemy faction for multiplayer ? thanks again for you help

Comment

I managed to get it working by setting one the characters to Faction 3 and the default owning player as 1 and then left the other one as player faction and owning player as 0. I than added some more factions and tested them they all seem to be working fine. Does this mean i am not to use the enemy faction for multiplayer ? thanks again for you help
                      Hmm, that is odd. Faction should not affect unit ownership. If you get the same problems in multiplayer and Play-In-Editor, could you give me the exact steps I need to replicate the problem so I can check it out myself?

Discord

Comment

I got it all going it was a simple mistake on my end i did not check all the attributes correctly. I have a couple of questions the first one is does it matter if i place a casual component around the units ? (I'm using it for a projectile system) the other question is how would i implement a pick up system?say an item on the ground can i make a new actor and have an overlap event for when it picks up the item ? thanks again for you help

Comment

I got it all going it was a simple mistake on my end i did not check all the attributes correctly.
                          Ok, great

I have a couple of questions the first one is does it matter if i place a casual component around the units ? (I'm using it for a projectile system)
                          Do you mean a capsule component? You can add that in the component hierarchy like any other component. I would probably add this to whatever unit you're using as the base for your game's units (I usually recommend duplicating BP_Unit_Anim for this purpose). It probably makes the most sense to attach it to the GridAnchor scene component. Beware if you're using collision volumes for moving actors like units that the animations of ATBTT are asynchronous from the gameplay code, so at any one time point the location of a unit blueprint in the viewport might not correspond to the current grid index at which the unit reference is stored (say if the unit has moved, causing the reference to be moved, but the Move Action still being queued up in the action system).

the other question is how would i implement a pick up system?say an item on the ground can i make a new actor and have an overlap event for when it picks up the item ? thanks again for you help
                          The GridObjects TMap in BP_GridManager is a good fit for item pickups. In fact I use it for just this in the HydrasLair example map. Check out the item pickups here and how they are implemented and let me know if you have any questions.

Discord

Comment

Hey Monokkel,

Sorry for replying back so late but it works with no problems and now I'm wondering how to make it so when all enemies are dead in a level, it proceeds to the next level or sends you back to the main menu.

Comment

Hello Monokkel,
                              I have used your laser ability to make a bullet ability. I have gotten everything to work (I think) but I have this strange issue I found occasionally occurs, in the "Shoot Unit function" after the "find hit chance" that there was a branch left as true all the time is this so we always do damage to the target? I connected the branch and now I miss the occasional shot which is perfect exactly what I was looking for, but sometimes with that connected I register to different damage stored values between the client and the server. I have attached some pics so you can see what I mean. The first is the function with the branch connected, the second is the client window and the 3rd is the server window. Thanks for your help

Comment

Hey Monokkel!

Not a question, more a comment on your quick reply on my questions I had yesterday on the shop site.

Thank you very much for this awesome tool! I've purchased it today and played a bit around with it. The tool kit is really good structured and I love the real time to turn based experimental. Currently working on adding my Pathfinder character creation to the system and up until now, it's working really good. I can only recommend your work.

Digging into the map creation later today while watching your latest tutorial videos. More marketplace creator should support their work like you do! Keep up the good work.

Ah maybe one small question. Do you have a documentation in writing of all the features? I remember things better when I have it in writing. But no problem there is no documentation. I will also manage without it.

Cheers and have a nice day!

Comment

Working...
                                X