Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SUPPORT] Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I've tried using a make map node to connect to the find map node but it won't connect for some reason. In that example you showed me how did you connect them?

    Thanks, EagleEyeGamma

    Comment


      Originally posted by EagleEyeGamma View Post
      Hi, Monokkel

      When I did spilt the struct it became this instead of a map
      ​​​​​​

      Originally posted by EagleEyeGamma View Post
      I've tried using a make map node to connect to the find map node but it won't connect for some reason. In that example you showed me how did you connect them?

      Thanks, EagleEyeGamma
      Hey EagleEye, I understand why this might be a bit confusing. Nested arrays and maps are not directly enabled in blueprints. To circumvent this it is possible to create a struct that holds and array or map and then make an array or map of that struct, effectively creating nested arrays. In the example from my code I'm using a map of structs containing maps of structs. In your example I'm guessing you're just using the struct itself.
      The Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace page - Feedback thread)

      Comment


        Yeah its just the struct itself, could you show me an example of the code you did for this example?

        Thanks, EagleEyeGamma.

        Comment


          Originally posted by EagleEyeGamma View Post
          Yeah its just the struct itself, could you show me an example of the code you did for this example?

          Thanks, EagleEyeGamma.
          What sort of example do you need? There is nothing more to it than creating a struct holding a map and then creating a map of these structs. Are you struggling with these steps or with manipulating the data within the struct? Unreal Engine blueprints are a bit weird when it comes to directly setting values in structs, where you sometimes need to use a temporary variable to hold a nested struct while modifying it.
          The Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace page - Feedback thread)

          Comment


            I believe I'm struggling with creating a map of these structs which is what is preventing me to get to the final step to give BP_Unit a Type and then do the final blueprint step need in that example.

            Thanks, EagleEyeGamma.

            Comment


              Nevermind figured that one out, however just in case i don't figure this one out can you explain how you did this?

              Thank you very much, EagleEyeGamma.

              Comment


                Also figured that out. Now for my next question, For another mechanic I was thinking of when you hit a weakness that unit that dealt the damage goes again allowing for one more movement by replenishing the AP however if they attack the same target twice their turn ends. I was wonder how I could implement it into these blueprints. Also thanks for the previous example I was stuck on trying to put in that mechanic on my own for several weeks.

                Thank you very much, EagleEyeGamma.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by EagleEyeGamma View Post
                  Also figured that out. Now for my next question, For another mechanic I was thinking of when you hit a weakness that unit that dealt the damage goes again allowing for one more movement by replenishing the AP however if they attack the same target twice their turn ends. I was wonder how I could implement it into these blueprints. Also thanks for the previous example I was stuck on trying to put in that mechanic on my own for several weeks.

                  Thank you very much, EagleEyeGamma.
                  Glad you figured it out. Sorry I could not be of more help to your last question, as I was still a bit uncertain about what the problem was.

                  For your next question you would want to keep a list of attacked targets and add an action point after attacking if the target is not on the list and has a weakness to the attack. I duplicated BP_Ability_Attack, as it is simple, and added a new Set variable that I called AttackedUnits. At the start of ExecuteAbility I check if the attacked target is in the set. If it is not I add it to the set and add an action point to the owning unit (you would also want to add your elemental weakness check here). If it is not in the set I proceed as normal.



                  All abilities are shared among all units and abilities are deactivated and activated anew each time a unit uses them, which makes how we store and clear the AttackedTargets set a tiny bit difficult. I've resolved it here by checking if the owning unit has 0 AP before clearing the set on deactivation. By normal ATBTT rules this means that the unit's turn will be ending. Not super elegant, but will work, though if your game uses different rules you might want to set up something more explicit.


                  Note that BP_Ability_Attack has bUseEndsTurn set to true by default, which should be set to false for this to work properly.

                  Hope that helps!
                  The Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace page - Feedback thread)

                  Comment


                    Hello Monokkel, I just posted on one of your youtube channel tutorials about integrating the CCG toolkit into your ATBTT. I see that some other users here are looking for the same thing, I'm pretty sure we all want the same basic 5 functionalities migrated:

                    1. Deck builder widget
                    2. Select a custom deck to use in the match
                    3. Putting units on the map by selecting or dragging & dropping cards
                    4. For it to work in multiplayer, where one of the players is the server
                    5. For it all to be as easy to develop and change as possible

                    Any aid on this would be wonderful. The Game State and Game Mode blueprints seem to be the ones who have trouble cooperating.

                    Comment


                      Monokkel would you be willing to make a tutorial for this?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Doc_Vore View Post
                        Hello Monokkel, I just posted on one of your youtube channel tutorials about integrating the CCG toolkit into your ATBTT. I see that some other users here are looking for the same thing, I'm pretty sure we all want the same basic 5 functionalities migrated:

                        1. Deck builder widget
                        2. Select a custom deck to use in the match
                        3. Putting units on the map by selecting or dragging & dropping cards
                        4. For it to work in multiplayer, where one of the players is the server
                        5. For it all to be as easy to develop and change as possible

                        Any aid on this would be wonderful. The Game State and Game Mode blueprints seem to be the ones who have trouble cooperating.
                        Originally posted by Doc_Vore View Post
                        Monokkel would you be willing to make a tutorial for this?
                        Hey Doc, most of these questions are difficult to answer, since I don't know anything about the inner workings of the CCG toolkit. I'm going to need you to give me more specifics on the issues you are facing. What precisely do you mean when you say the game mode and state are not cooperating? What have you tried so far? Selecting a custom deck and having a deck builder widget seem like questions you should ask the creator of the CCG toolkit, by the way. You might have luck asking the developer of Grand Guilds about how he got it set up, though he is far into development, so be mindful that he's probably pretty busy.
                        The Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace page - Feedback thread)

                        Comment


                          Hello, I'm currently attempting to make a D&D like game, I've watched your tutorial series and am having issues assigning a single "pawn" to a grid camera per player. when I go into multiplayer the camera changes with the initiative. So far I have created an authority branch for the grid camera allowing the grid camera to function normally for the Host, and removed the set target location for the remote clients. The issue is when you are a client the camera still moves away from the pawn placed in the player start. how would you go about making it so the client camera will stay locked on that pawn?

                          Comment


                            Hey Knut, the past week or so I've been merging your toolkit with the card game toolkit, and I think I messed something up. How does the BP_GridCamera spawn? I can't seem to figure out where it comes from. In my current implementation it doesn't spawn, and so my game is broken. Any ideas? I checked the default pawn, and its set to BP_GridCamera, but that doesn't seem to fix it.

                            Also, any luck on the mobile stuff?

                            As always, thanks!

                            Comment


                              Hey Monokkel,

                              Can you explain how you made this parent blueprint node in the example you gave me?
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot-6.png Views:	0 Size:	84.6 KB ID:	1679624

                              Thanks, EagleEyeGamma
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by EagleEyeGamma; 10-30-2019, 04:51 PM. Reason: Update: I have figured that out however for some reason it won't output the damage for the two previous examples you've shown me. I checked Bp_Unit but the take damage function is fine and should work

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by consummate707 View Post
                                Hello, I'm currently attempting to make a D&D like game, I've watched your tutorial series and am having issues assigning a single "pawn" to a grid camera per player. when I go into multiplayer the camera changes with the initiative. So far I have created an authority branch for the grid camera allowing the grid camera to function normally for the Host, and removed the set target location for the remote clients. The issue is when you are a client the camera still moves away from the pawn placed in the player start. how would you go about making it so the client camera will stay locked on that pawn?
                                Hi there! I'm a DM myself, so I wish you luck on your game By your request I've made a setup for assigning specific units to cameras of clients. It is a bit more hacky than I would like, but it should work. I've added a new function to BP_TurnManager which loops through all grid cameras, finds the ones not controller by the server and assign a unit controller by that player to each one:



                                The ClientAssignPlayerUnit function is a new client event in BP_GridCamera which assigns the unit to a new, custom variable:


                                Then I modify the Follow Actor interface event to always follow the assigned unit if available:



                                See if this gives you the result you're after

                                Originally posted by Zennisin View Post
                                Hey Knut, the past week or so I've been merging your toolkit with the card game toolkit, and I think I messed something up. How does the BP_GridCamera spawn? I can't seem to figure out where it comes from. In my current implementation it doesn't spawn, and so my game is broken. Any ideas? I checked the default pawn, and its set to BP_GridCamera, but that doesn't seem to fix it.

                                Also, any luck on the mobile stuff?

                                As always, thanks!
                                Hmm, it should spawn normally as the assigned default pawn class. You're using BP_ATBTT as the game mode? How does the game look when you start? What camera seems to be possessed?

                                As for the mobile stuff I found out why I'm not able to run it properly on my phone, and that is because the USB port on my phone is slightly wonky, causing it to disconnect and reconnect sporadically... This cancels my attempts to test on mobile. A silly reason, I know, but it is holding me up currently. I'll see if I can borrow someones phone to test it out.

                                Originally posted by EagleEyeGamma View Post
                                Hey Monokkel,

                                Can you explain how you made this parent blueprint node in the example you gave me?
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-6.png
Views:	118
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	1679624

                                Thanks, EagleEyeGamma
                                In any child blueprint you can right click any event which is defined in the parent and select "Add call to parent function".
                                The Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace page - Feedback thread)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X