No announcement yet.

[SUPPORT] Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Knut, thank you for your answer. I'll try out your suggestion about the path and let you know how it goes.

About the units bug, I'm not sure, I'm using the "Pass Through Friendlies" option so I thought that 2 units being idle on the same tile is part of the option. To reproduce the issue, you have move a friendly unit to stand next to an enemy unit then with another unit move it through the same path so that it stands in the same tile as the first friendly unit, in my case, they both stand on the same tile (overlapping).

Comment

Originally posted by Zennisin View Post
      Hey knut, did you ever have time take a look into the mobile issue of not being able to move the units I mentioned above? Any info you have would be greatly appreciated
      Not yet, sorry. Need to reinstall and setup the Android SDK as I'm on a new computer. I will try to get it done this week.

Originally posted by Latimed View Post
      Hey Knut, thank you for your answer. I'll try out your suggestion about the path and let you know how it goes.

About the units bug, I'm not sure, I'm using the "Pass Through Friendlies" option so I thought that 2 units being idle on the same tile is part of the option. To reproduce the issue, you have move a friendly unit to stand next to an enemy unit then with another unit move it through the same path so that it stands in the same tile as the first friendly unit, in my case, they both stand on the same tile (overlapping).
      I'm not able to get two units to move to the same tile with any of the included movement abilities. Could you give me the precise steps to replicate the issue? What abilities are you using? What tiles are you clicking with what units in what order?
      The Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace page - Feedback thread)

Comment

Hey Knut, I'm having a problem with the hybrid example map I've replaced all the references to the third person character blueprint with mine in the same way but the grid doesn't show up at all and i cant move, I'm trying to have a real time movement top down character outside of combat, i've been going over this for a couple of days now and can't find a problem with it, i can screenshot any part of the blueprints you want.

Thanks

Last edited by Telapicus; 10-15-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Telapicus View Post
          Hey Knut, I'm having a problem with the hybrid example map I've replaced all the references to the third person character blueprint with mine in the same way but the grid doesn't show up at all and i cant move, I'm trying to have a real time movement top down character outside of combat, i've been going over this for a couple of days now and can't find a problem with it, i can screenshot any part of the blueprints you want.

Thanks

Hi Telapicus, it is a bit difficult for me to know precisely what is happening here. Here are the steps I recommend for figuring out the issue: In the hybrid example map, turn based combat is initiated when the third person character enters a trigger volume which is roughly where your white cylinder is in the image above. To get an understanding of what this does you can add a blueprint breakpoint to the overlap event in the trigger box actor. Then play the unmodified hybrid map and trigger the box. The game will pause and you can step through the blueprint nodes being activated one by one. Now do the same with your modified map and you should be able to see at which point it breaks down. Knowing this will help you (and me) figure out what is happening here.

Comment

Hey Knut, i added print nodes to the end of various end points but it seems everything is executing right, the image i posted is after the pawn entered the trigger box and switched to the grid camera correctly it's supposed to be in combat mode there with the grid. For example i put prints to check if my pawn was getting put onto the grid and it definitely was and it was put into the initiative order system, the camera moves over to my pawn when combat starts and a new round starts, everything except for the grid works correctly. i have an unmodified version downloaded separately for going back and forth between but I've changed very little.

Comment

Hey Knut, i added print nodes to the end of various end points but it seems everything is executing right, the image i posted is after the pawn entered the trigger box and switched to the grid camera correctly it's supposed to be in combat mode there with the grid. For example i put prints to check if my pawn was getting put onto the grid and it definitely was and it was put into the initiative order system, the camera moves over to my pawn when combat starts and a new round starts, everything except for the grid works correctly. i have an unmodified version downloaded separately for going back and forth between but I've changed very little.
              Ok, a bit hard for me to guess based on what you've given me so far, I'm afraid. Are the same nodes activated in the Turn Manager? Are there any actions added to the action queue in the Action Manager that might not be triggered? Could you describe to me or show me things you have altered?

Comment

Hey Knut, yeah gladly mate

In BP_TurnManager_Hybrid i changed parts of the custom event BeginTurnBasedMode the first "get all actors of class" i changed from BP_Unit_Hybrid to my Child of BP_Unit, the for each loop i changed the cast to my top down character, after the loop completes i changed the cast from the third person character to my character, i replaced the lerp from third person with a cut down one that only moves the camera to my character, after that the "get all actors of class" node i changed to my character

I've included all the changes as pictures in this gallery along with the BP_Unit child i created
                https://imgur.com/a/pBfSQjN

Comment

Hi Monokkel,

I wanted to create a elemental weakness/resistance system into my game using your plugin. So far, the damage system is working fine, but I'd like to know where specifically I can modify the damage, so I can apply this feature. Can you point to me where to look, and what's the best way to implement the elemental feature?

Thanks, EagleEyeGamma.

Comment

Hey knut, about that card system question I had earlier, specifically I wanted to try to use another toolkit on the marketplace, CCG Toolkit. It comes with a MainMenu level, that you can select what level you want to load, and with the decks selected, etc. The problem I am running into is that both toolkits were created as standalone projects, and require the game instance to be set to their instance.. for your toolkit you need BP_Instance_ATBTT and for the card game one you need CardGameInstance. Do you think it could be possible to merge the 2? I'm not sure how to go about this.

From what I see, BP_Instance_ATBTT doesn't seem to do much, so I seem to be missing something? Because some things break if its not set to that game instance, like the grenade ability for example.
                    Last edited by Zennisin; 10-16-2019, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Hi Knut,

The issue of 2 units stepping on the same tile was actually in my code, I've managed to fix it. Thank you

Comment

Hello Knut,

I'm currently working towards a 5 v 1 multiplayer game. But im having issues Spawning and possessing a pawn as "PlayerStart" doesn't seem to function in your toolkit. I think a solution that would work best is to have a player ID spawn item BP (1-5) placed in the world and create an array of players that adds new players as they join, then assign those players to a unique spawn BP in place of a "PlayerStart".

just wondering if I missed something in your toolkit, or if you have a better option for spawning in a multiplayer.

Comment

Lots of questions today! I'm a bit pressed for time at the moment, but I'll do my best.

Hey Knut, yeah gladly mate

In BP_TurnManager_Hybrid i changed parts of the custom event BeginTurnBasedMode the first "get all actors of class" i changed from BP_Unit_Hybrid to my Child of BP_Unit, the for each loop i changed the cast to my top down character, after the loop completes i changed the cast from the third person character to my character, i replaced the lerp from third person with a cut down one that only moves the camera to my character, after that the "get all actors of class" node i changed to my character

I've included all the changes as pictures in this gallery along with the BP_Unit child i created
                          https://imgur.com/a/pBfSQjN
                          Hmm, cannot immediately see what is wrong here. You have added multiple different changes, though. Could you try introducing the changes one by one and see at what point it breaks down?

Originally posted by EagleEyeGamma View Post
                          Hi Monokkel,

I wanted to create a elemental weakness/resistance system into my game using your plugin. So far, the damage system is working fine, but I'd like to know where specifically I can modify the damage, so I can apply this feature. Can you point to me where to look, and what's the best way to implement the elemental feature?

Thanks, EagleEyeGamma.
                          You could add an enum holding your different elements. You could add a map of enum keys and float damage modification percentages to your unit blueprints. Add a damage type enum to your ability. Then in your ability (probably in ExecuteAbility), modify the damage you input to TakeDamage and the action queue you use to display the damage (remember that these values need to be identical). You can modify this by finding the target unit (If you look in ExecuteAbility in BP_AbilityAttack you can see how I get a reference through the GridUnits TMap), finding the damage modifier value in its enum/damage modifier TMap using the element of the ability as the key and multiplying the abilities base damage by this amount.

This is one of many ways to do this, but this was my immediate thought.

Originally posted by Zennisin View Post
                          Hey knut, about that card system question I had earlier, specifically I wanted to try to use another toolkit on the marketplace, CCG Toolkit. It comes with a MainMenu level, that you can select what level you want to load, and with the decks selected, etc. The problem I am running into is that both toolkits were created as standalone projects, and require the game instance to be set to their instance.. for your toolkit you need BP_Instance_ATBTT and for the card game one you need CardGameInstance. Do you think it could be possible to merge the 2? I'm not sure how to go about this.

From what I see, BP_Instance_ATBTT doesn't seem to do much, so I seem to be missing something? Because some things break if its not set to that game instance, like the grenade ability for example.
                          The game instance in ATBTT does extremely little at the moment. It is only used in the networked multiplayer menu. Changing this should not affect anything besides this. Definitely not the grenade ability. What exactly are you seeing there? Maybe it is the card game instance modifying and breaking something? I don't see any reason why merging should not be possible, other than doing some work by copying over stuff from the projects' respective game modes, game states etc.

Originally posted by Latimed View Post
                          Hi Knut,

The issue of 2 units stepping on the same tile was actually in my code, I've managed to fix it. Thank you
                          Great to hear! Explains why I was not able to replicate the issue.

Originally posted by SSLKGames View Post
                          Hello Knut,

I'm currently working towards a 5 v 1 multiplayer game. But im having issues Spawning and possessing a pawn as "PlayerStart" doesn't seem to function in your toolkit. I think a solution that would work best is to have a player ID spawn item BP (1-5) placed in the world and create an array of players that adds new players as they join, then assign those players to a unique spawn BP in place of a "PlayerStart".

just wondering if I missed something in your toolkit, or if you have a better option for spawning in a multiplayer.
                          Player Starts should work. However, it is overridden by BP_GridCamera at BeginPlay. Remove the SetActorLocation in BeginPlay and using Player Starts should work, I believe. If bUseFollowCam is enabled in BP_GridManager the camera will then pan over immediately to the active unit.

Comment

"Player Starts should work. However, it is overridden by BP_GridCamera at BeginPlay. Remove the SetActorLocation in BeginPlay and using Player Starts should work, I believe. If bUseFollowCam is enabled in BP_GridManager the camera will then pan over immediately to the active unit."

Thank you for the quick and concise response. Now I just need to rework the camera to fixate on that pawn, and still retain the"freelook" functionality. Thank you again.

Comment

Hi Monokkel,

I was wonder how to reference other units as the damage works on my elemental weakness/resistance system but I couldn't find a way to reference other units as it calls its own typing. Here are some screenshots of what I've implemented.

Thanks, EagleEyeGamma
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SSLKGames View Post
                                "Player Starts should work. However, it is overridden by BP_GridCamera at BeginPlay. Remove the SetActorLocation in BeginPlay and using Player Starts should work, I believe. If bUseFollowCam is enabled in BP_GridManager the camera will then pan over immediately to the active unit."

Thank you for the quick and concise response. Now I just need to rework the camera to fixate on that pawn, and still retain the"freelook" functionality. Thank you again.
                                Glad it worked! Let me know if you run into any other difficulties.

Originally posted by EagleEyeGamma View Post
                                Hi Monokkel,

I was wonder how to reference other units as the damage works on my elemental weakness/resistance system but I couldn't find a way to reference other units as it calls its own typing. Here are some screenshots of what I've implemented.

Thanks, EagleEyeGamma
                                In the ability you are dealing the damage from you have access to both the target unit, the ability itself and the unit that owns the ability. You could either do whatever you want to do within the context of the ability or you could pass over the unit as a reference to the events being triggered on the target unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X