No announcement yet.

[SUPPORT] Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monokkel WOW! Thanks so much. Its work as i wish.Perfect. Have a nice time, gl hf.

Comment

Small update for the developers waiting for the Turn Manager update. Refactoring the turn system is like trying to rip off a loose thread and it starts unraveling half your sleeve. I think I've finally got a pretty good handle on it now and am making good progress, but the way the turn system is tied up to unit ownership, factions and networked replication means that I'm refactoring these aspects of the toolkit as well. I will go to vacation in Japan early next month and will be gone all of August, and with the amount of stuff I need to fix I'm doubtful I'll get it done before then, meaning that the next update will likely not be before September. There is a chance I can get it finished before I leave, but thought I'd give you all a heads up.

Originally posted by Artem Saharniy View Post
      Monokkel WOW! Thanks so much. Its work as i wish.Perfect. Have a nice time, gl hf.
      Happy to hear that! It might not be the most elegant solution, but good that it works for your purposes.
      The Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace page - Feedback thread)

Comment

Oh man, I just got back from work and get to play now, and your leaving us.. Just stay and work.... Just kidding man, enjoy your well deserved holiday. Only a month though?
        Are you gonna go see the nuke plants and watch for ufo's.. I"m thinking my wife and I should go to Japan in January and Europe in Feb, Retirement is gonna be nice.. Have fun on your trip.

Comment

Take care, Monokkel! Thank you for letting us know your schedules so that we can plan accordingly.
          Artstation | 3D Artist | Krakow

Comment

Originally posted by Skulldug View Post
            Oh man, I just got back from work and get to play now, and your leaving us.. Just stay and work.... Just kidding man, enjoy your well deserved holiday. Only a month though?
            Are you gonna go see the nuke plants and watch for ufo's.. I"m thinking my wife and I should go to Japan in January and Europe in Feb, Retirement is gonna be nice.. Have fun on your trip.
            Thanks! No plans for nuke plants and ufo's. Mainly shrines, izakayas and arcades I won't go completely dark and will try to respond to support questions reasonably frequently, but progress on updates will be put on hold.

Originally posted by Justo View Post
            Take care, Monokkel! Thank you for letting us know your schedules so that we can plan accordingly.
            Thanks and no worries!

Comment

hello, sorry if this has been asked before. I was wondering if this currently, or at least potentially can, support procedural generation for tiles in the grid manager?

Comment

hi knut

Have a great holiday in Japan

a question:
                I'm starting to build modular parts for my project environment and I've decided that I need a different proportions and therefore I have to change the size of tiles in the grid manager
                1. I made a new grid tile mesh of the desired size.
                2. I changed the grid tile mesh with the new one I made in the grid manager
                Everything seems to work fine (of course I have to change the size of the markers ect...)

My question is whether, to the best of your knowledge, there is no need to change additional parameters (such as the Tile x and Tile y variables ect….)? Am I expected to have problems as a result of the change? Or did I did enough and can continue to work properly without other problems?

thanks in advance

leo

Comment

Monokkel Sorry for the delay. Just following up on my hover tile bug. There doesn't seem to be any recognizable pattern in terms of tile height, tile location, or client. Sometimes a tile will not register the hover and display the decal and then 10 seconds later if you hover over the same tile it doesn't register and display. I recorded a short clip of me showing the bug in game, and also a short clip of me scrolling through the hover blueprint in the BP Ability Base. I also created a print string to show when the tile hover was registering and when it wasn't. Let me know if you have any insight into what's going on.

ATBTT Hover Tile Bug

ATBTT Hover Tile Bug Blueprint

Thank you!

Comment

Good day Knutt,
                    i have several question that i mention in Epic Games, but u deliver me to this forum.
                    1. actualy i neet to change the win condition trigger
                    2. as i speak before there is a condition where 2 player fight (automatically by AI) the game stop without any of unit dies
                    3. I need to add physical damage, magical damage, pure damage and poison damage or ability based input variable, i already added all of it but physical damage since the original name was 'damage' so how can we add variable property and insert it into config menu
                    4. Poison damage and regeneration will dealt in every cycle (ot every turn) how we put this variable into the blueprint?
                    5. Last but not least, one day i need to setup all unit before the board begin, like menu or so on, do you have any blueprint to do so?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharros View Post
                      hello, sorry if this has been asked before. I was wondering if this currently, or at least potentially can, support procedural generation for tiles in the grid manager?
                      Nothing like that is built-in, but the procedural line-trace system I've included for auto-generating grids based on underlying terrain should work well in tandem with many other types of procedural generation. As long as you make your generated tiles conform to the dimensions of the grid and have the floors block PathTrace and walls block WallTrace you should be fine.

Originally posted by leo bar View Post
                      hi knut

Have a great holiday in Japan

a question:
                      I'm starting to build modular parts for my project environment and I've decided that I need a different proportions and therefore I have to change the size of tiles in the grid manager
                      1. I made a new grid tile mesh of the desired size.
                      2. I changed the grid tile mesh with the new one I made in the grid manager
                      Everything seems to work fine (of course I have to change the size of the markers ect...)

My question is whether, to the best of your knowledge, there is no need to change additional parameters (such as the Tile x and Tile y variables ect….)? Am I expected to have problems as a result of the change? Or did I did enough and can continue to work properly without other problems?

thanks in advance

leo
                      Hi Leo, you should indeed not have to change any other paramaters, as these variables will be altered automatically based on the size of the default tile mesh. Actually, in newer versions of the toolkit you do not even have to change the tile mesh, as you can just resize the grid manager directly (as you would any mesh or actor). However, using a new tile mesh is still recommended, as you would otherwise have to correct for the Grid Manager's transform for any new custom stuff you add.

Originally posted by BlueAlchemyGame View Post
                      Monokkel Sorry for the delay. Just following up on my hover tile bug. There doesn't seem to be any recognizable pattern in terms of tile height, tile location, or client. Sometimes a tile will not register the hover and display the decal and then 10 seconds later if you hover over the same tile it doesn't register and display. I recorded a short clip of me showing the bug in game, and also a short clip of me scrolling through the hover blueprint in the BP Ability Base. I also created a print string to show when the tile hover was registering and when it wasn't. Let me know if you have any insight into what's going on.

ATBTT Hover Tile Bug

ATBTT Hover Tile Bug Blueprint

Thank you!
                      Thanks for showing the issue in such detail. I have to ask, does this also happen on the server or just for connecting clients?

Originally posted by DarvisA View Post
                      Good day Knutt,
                      i have several question that i mention in Epic Games, but u deliver me to this forum.
                      1. actualy i neet to change the win condition trigger
                      2. as i speak before there is a condition where 2 player fight (automatically by AI) the game stop without any of unit dies
                      3. I need to add physical damage, magical damage, pure damage and poison damage or ability based input variable, i already added all of it but physical damage since the original name was 'damage' so how can we add variable property and insert it into config menu
                      4. Poison damage and regeneration will dealt in every cycle (ot every turn) how we put this variable into the blueprint?
                      5. Last but not least, one day i need to setup all unit before the board begin, like menu or so on, do you have any blueprint to do so?
                      Hey Darvis, thanks for posting again here. The comments on the product page are much too limited. Now for your questions:

1. What do you need to change it to? Normally GameOver is set from BP_Unit when a unit is killed (after checking that only a single faction remains). For a new win condition you would disable this and instead set bGameOver in BP_TurnManager to true when your custom win condition occurs.

2. From what I understood this is related to the game over code. If you plan to disable the standard win condition anyway, this should solve the issue.

3. Not sure if you follow. If you've already added all the others, why is adding one more an issue? What is the end result you want to achieve here, and what do you mean by config menu?

4. This could be done by using a status effect (BP_StatusEffect). You could make a poison status effect and have it deal damage on RunOnTurnStart or RunOnTurnEnd. Check out the mind control ability and status effect in the advanced example to get an idea of how to set this up.

5. I don't have a menu implemented for this specifically, but for whatever solution you end up implementing, you should be able to just spawn units onto the grid using SpawnActor, and the construction script should automatically add the units to the grid (and initiative order if you tick this box).

Comment

So I changed the ClientDisplayHover event in BP_AbilityBase to Run on Server and yes the same problem occurred.

Comment

So I changed the ClientDisplayHover event in BP_AbilityBase to Run on Server and yes the same problem occurred.
                          Sorry, I was not clear. When you run your game in the editor with two or more players, one of the players will have the game run on the server, while the rest are clients (unless RunDedicatedServer is true). When running with a single player and RunDedicatedServer set to false, so you are just running it on the server, are you still seeing the issue? There is a known issue where clients send input to the server while moving the hover marker quickly, causing the server output back to the client to be choppy.

Comment

Just ran the game with 1 player and RunDedicatedServer set to false and yes still the same issue. I have been thinking this may be some type of performance issue. I did not notice that when I run the game with RunDedicatedServer set to false the hover attempts over the UI are very choppy.

Comment

Just ran the game with 1 player and RunDedicatedServer set to false and yes still the same issue. I have been thinking this may be some type of performance issue. I did not notice that when I run the game with RunDedicatedServer set to false the hover attempts over the UI are very choppy.
                              Ok, looking at your video again this does anyway look different from that issue. I doubt it is a performance issue. My current guess is that the line traces might not return the correct location at some point, though not entirely sure why. To explore this I suggest you add print strings to every step of the hover execution chain to see at what specific place it stops. Break points are not practical here, since the issue happens randomly.

Comment

hi knut

I thought so, thank you very much for the explanation

cheers

leo

Comment

Working...
                                X