[SUPPORT] Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monokkel View Post

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. I\ll try to be more specific. I did not mean to change the boolean in the event or anything like that. I'll try to explain. There are several actors in the toolkit that call on the turn manager to end the current unit's turn. For example this happens in BP_Unit when the unit has 0 AP left, and it happens in the player controller when the player presses the end turn button. You want the turn to end for the entire faction and not just a single unit in all these cases. That means that you need to go to all blueprints that call this event (EndActiveActorTurn) and replace this call to instead call the EndEntireFactionTurn function. You do not need to replace anything in the turn manager itself to achieve this effect.
    hmm so i changed everywhere the EndActiveActorTurn with EndEntireFactionTurn, but its not working right, sometimes the player is possible to play 2 characters in a row, also i cant select some other unit in my turn, there is everytime some unit i have to play, but no player choice to pick a unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Artjom_Schmitke View Post

hmm so i changed everywhere the EndActiveActorTurn with EndEntireFactionTurn, but its not working right, sometimes the player is possible to play 2 characters in a row, also i cant select some other unit in my turn, there is everytime some unit i have to play, but no player choice to pick a unit.
      Ok, I'm going to list every change you need to make.

BP_PlayerController_ATBTT, BP_AbilitySystem, BP_Ability, BP_Ability_MoveAttack, BP_Unit (in two places for this one).

Unit switching logic is set up in the abilities you are using. In the example map, BP_Ability_MoveAttack is used, which has functionality for unit switching. You need to make one small change here to make sure you cannot switch to another unit if you do not have full AP (normally you are allowed to switch as long as you have at least 1 AP). The following nodes are in the Click comment box:

This seems to be working fine on my end, but I might not have tested thoroughly enough. If you run into problems can you give me the exact steps I need to do to replicate the problem? Tell me how many units there are, what their AI, faction and initiative settings are. What you click when etc. Send me a video if that is easier. But try to implement the stuff above first.

Edit: In other news, ladder jumping:

Last edited by Monokkel; 10-26-2018, 07:07 PM. Reason: lAddErjUmpIng
      Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace - Support)

Dungeon Crawler Toolkit (Marketplace - Support)

Discord

Comment

hi knut

I never thought I'd get so excited about a piece of a ladder, splendid work!!!

P.S. does the spline path not visible on the up side(the ladder) is Deliberately? or its a problem to make it visible Continuously?

Comment

Originally posted by leo bar View Post
          hi knut

I never thought I'd get so excited about a piece of a ladder, splendid work!!!

P.S. does the spline path not visible on the up side(the ladder) is Deliberately? or its a problem to make it visible Continuously?
          Thanks, there is actually very little here that cannot be set up easily with the toolkit available in the launcher. Just use AddEdgeBothWays between the top and bottom tiles and you're already there as far as pathfinding is concerned. The trick is getting the movement to look good, and this is a half-way WIP of that. The split spline path is deliberate. If I simply draw the spline between the tiles as usual, it would be quite warped. The idea is to then fill in with a custom spline or other sort of indicator in-between to signify climbing. Then it is a matter of changing how movement animates between the points. So far I've used a placeholder jump animation, but Bankworthy has generously offered to make me a climbing animation, so in the next update there will hopefully be proper ladder climbing functionality included.

Discord

Comment

Yes, I can see that when you will have a climbing animation, you will have to play with small matches so that the animation Will match the ladder mesh location accurately .
            As for spline path, I think it is very important (and I speak only from a Visually point of view) to keep the sequence of one line (as soon as there is a break or any other sign instead its grabs the eye of the player in a negative way). I might have been using a curve table just for the part of up/ down spline path to give the spline the right curve.

anyway great work!

Comment

Nice work on the ladder Monokkel, can't wait for next update. I have been working on a fog of war all in blueprints from here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...-render-target. If anyone is interested here is a link for a quick tutorial : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7962virt6...cwi7s91ra?dl=0
              Sorry pdf only..

Click image for larger version  Name:	screeny.jpg Views:	1 Size:	148.4 KB ID:	1544576
              Last edited by Skulldug; 10-27-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

hi skulldug

thanks you very much for the tutorial, a great help

cheers
                leo

Comment

Thanks leo bar, lots of room for improvement. I you can improve it, please let me know and I will update the tute.. Enjoy and have fun !

Comment

hi skulldug

if i improve it i will sure let you know.

cheers
                    leo

Comment

Yes, I can see that when you will have a climbing animation, you will have to play with small matches so that the animation Will match the ladder mesh location accurately .
                      As for spline path, I think it is very important (and I speak only from a Visually point of view) to keep the sequence of one line (as soon as there is a break or any other sign instead its grabs the eye of the player in a negative way). I might have been using a curve table just for the part of up/ down spline path to give the spline the right curve.

anyway great work!
                      Not to worry, the gif was just a rough WIP. Spline display has already been fixed

Originally posted by Skulldug View Post
                      Nice work on the ladder Monokkel, can't wait for next update. I have been working on a fog of war all in blueprints from here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...-render-target. If anyone is interested here is a link for a quick tutorial : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7962virt6...cwi7s91ra?dl=0
                      Sorry pdf only..

Click image for larger version Name:	screeny.jpg Views:	1 Size:	148.4 KB ID:	1544576
                      Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Discord

Comment

hi knut

you are a cheeky devil !! but a very fast one

Comment

So I'm trying to get the unit "stats" on whatever the user mouses over into the HUD, but I'm having trouble finding where the moused-over tile change triggers. I want it so that when the mouse passes over any unit, it'll update the info in the corner to whatever unit that was.

Comment

Hello Lachnor, I think what your looking for is in the abilities. that is where you find targets. try checking in the BP_Ability. hope that helps.

I was wondering if units have a sight and noise ranges already or do I have to add ?
                            Last edited by Skulldug; 10-28-2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

hi knut

you are a cheeky devil !! but a very fast one
                              I try

Originally posted by Lachnor View Post
                              So I'm trying to get the unit "stats" on whatever the user mouses over into the HUD, but I'm having trouble finding where the moused-over tile change triggers. I want it so that when the mouse passes over any unit, it'll update the info in the corner to whatever unit that was.
                              Originally posted by Skulldug View Post
                              Hello Lachnor, I think what your looking for is in the abilities. that is where you find targets. try checking in the BP_Ability. hope that helps.

I was wondering if units have a sight and noise ranges already or do I have to add ?
                              Lachnor : Like Skulldug said, all abilities have a "Server Hover" and "Client display hover" event that fires whenever the player in control of the ability hovers over a new tile. This should work well for what you are doing. You would essentially use ServerHover, get the hovered tile, find the corresponding unit in BP_GridManager's GridUnits TMap and pass the information stored in this unit to your widget. If you need more control over hover events than when you hover over a new tile you need to override some of the stuff defined in BP_AbilityBase.

Skulldug : For the stealth system, you mean? The units do not have any variables for that. Currently the ranges are hard coded into the abilities that used them. (See ExecuteAbility in BP_Ability_Laser for an example).

Discord

Comment

Hi Knut,

Enjoying working with your toolkit. I'm trying to use the Ability System with a VR unit -- it doesn't look like you can choose from multiple abilities (move, attack) in VR gameplay the way you can in 2D gameplay. Is there a way to enable this feature, or is it something I'd need to implement on my own?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X