• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cirkabis View Post
    I have a problem

Sorry,my english is poor

I create a new project with 4.18 version

and when I use this BP,I don't change anything

when I begin that map ,I find I can't move ,and when I move the mouse ,I cant find the white line

like this

So Could you tell me How I fix it ?
    think you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hello Cirkabis, sorry your having problems with this. What version of 4.18 are you using?. I did a install of this with ue4.18.3 and had no problems, and did you verify the install of your version(click arrow beside version to verify)?. If you did go to the Advanced turn base tool kit and click on that arrow and "Remove Local Content" then start a new project to re download the tool kit and see if it works. I hope this will help, Let us know.

Comment

Hi Monokkel , have a question about status for your recent update. Is this updated version will be compatible with 4.19 version of the Engine? Do you know when this may be available for work? And If I'm already own this pack can I contact you directly to get updated version in nearest time?
      Thanks,
      Alex
      MARKETPLACE
      PERSONAL PORTFOLIO
      <<<<Follow me on Twitter >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by Skulldug View Post

Hello Cirkabis, sorry your having problems with this. What version of 4.18 are you using?. I did a install of this with ue4.18.3 and had no problems, and did you verify the install of your version(click arrow beside version to verify)?. If you did go to the Advanced turn base tool kit and click on that arrow and "Remove Local Content" then start a new project to re download the tool kit and see if it works. I hope this will help, Let us know.
        Thanks for the input, Skulldug! Cirkabis : are the problems fixed if you follow the steps given by Skulldug?

Originally posted by PanAtoman View Post
        Hi Monokkel , have a question about status for your recent update. Is this updated version will be compatible with 4.19 version of the Engine? Do you know when this may be available for work? And If I'm already own this pack can I contact you directly to get updated version in nearest time?
        Thanks,
        Alex
        Hi PanAtoman. The update was sent to Epic on Thursday night. They are generally quick to upload file updates, but they might understandably be slowed down due to GDC. Hopefully they will upload it on Monday, though. In any case, it should not be long. I prefer not to send updates through other means than the UE4 launcher. The problem is that I need to contact Epic to verify the purchase and if I started doing this I would have to continously spam Epic marketplace support, something I want to avoid. I hope you understand. But like I said, updates are generally uploaded quickly. It is out of my hands at this time, but I'm almost certain you'll have it in your hands early next week.

Edit: Oh wait, you're a marketplace creator, of course. So you already know the time updates take :P
        Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace - Support)

Dungeon Crawler Toolkit (Marketplace - Support)

Discord

Comment

Hello again Monokkel

I have been using the latest version of Unreal and your Toolkit to create a game, and I've gotten most of the animations and map work done but not much else. I'm still rather new to Unreal so it took me quite a while to get all the animations retargetted, adjust the blueprints, and all that so I have to ask, When it's released on the Marketplace can i simply convert the project to the newest version or would I have to basically start over?

Edit : Just wanted to add that the reason for converting to the new version would be the defaulted action menu and the networked multiplayer. Those are both things that I wanted to include in my project and have been pretty excited for. I don't mind if I have to start over, I just don't know which route would be easiest.
          Last edited by OperatorCrux; 03-25-2018, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OperatorCrux View Post
            Hello again Monokkel

I have been using the latest version of Unreal and your Toolkit to create a game, and I've gotten most of the animations and map work done but not much else. I'm still rather new to Unreal so it took me quite a while to get all the animations retargetted, adjust the blueprints, and all that so I have to ask, When it's released on the Marketplace can i simply convert the project to the newest version or would I have to basically start over?

Edit : Just wanted to add that the reason for converting to the new version would be the defaulted action menu and the networked multiplayer. Those are both things that I wanted to include in my project and have been pretty excited for. I don't mind if I have to start over, I just don't know which route would be easiest.
            Your project will not automatically update, unfortunately. I have changed many of the fundamental systems in the toolkit, so converting an existing project will almost certainly be more trouble that it is worth. It will be possible for those who are far along in their projects to look at the new blueprints and copy some of the changes manually, but the changes required for networked multiplayer are so far-reaching that copying them over will be a lot more difficult than going the other way and adding your own additions to the new update.

Since the two things you want the most are tied to the complete reorganization of the project you would basically have to start over.

For all of those using the old version, I will of course continue to provide support and to help with converting to new versions of UE4 if any issues such arise in the future. The old version will always be available for download by getting the version for UE4.18.

Discord

Comment

Don't know if it's fixed in the new version but I've found a simple bug in grid camera when zooming in and out. When you start zooming in and then zoom out BEFORE timeline in "zoom in" event is completed (yeah I know it's short but still) you'll get weird camera jumps. So I've created my own smooth zoom using loop timer that sets camera height with Finterp. But maybe there's an easy way to fix this in the existing events?

Comment

ClaimedInfinity : This has been fixed in the new update. Here is a screenshot of the new zoom node setup:

And here is the pastebin of the same nodes:

Spoiler

Discord

Comment

Hi,

Thank you so much for this amazing toolkit! I've watched a few of your tutorials and they've helped me to start making a game.
                  I was wondering how do you remove hexes from the grid (like the picture below)?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_20318.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1450022

Comment

After weeks of only bug-fixing, commenting and cleaning it is great to finally be able to test out new features again. Here is a WIP skill that allows the player to define a custom move path:

https://imgur.com/72yYm5a

Also, can someone tell me the best way to paste gifs in forum posts? The maximum file size for upload is very low, and most image uploading sites seem to convert to .gifv which I don't think can be linked to here.

Discord

Comment

Nothing special with gif images. simlycopy image location and paste with this settings
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	gif.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	1450050
                      An image can be located anywhere.
                      you can use dropbox or google drive for hosting
                      Hope this helps.
                      And really nice update with a custom path. Looking forward to try it.

Last edited by PanAtoman; 03-25-2018, 09:02 PM.
                      MARKETPLACE
                      PERSONAL PORTFOLIO
                      <<<<Follow me on Twitter >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by Monokkel View Post
                        I think the issue is at where you add the unit back into the array. You do not need to get the value from the PathIndexArray. The path index array holds the indexes of the last path a unit moved, and since I doubt any paths in your map is longer than 217 tiles that will always return -1. Instead, simply set the array element at the index the unit is now occupying (which due to your nodes is stored in the variable Index)
                        Works perfectly! Thanks a lot!

Comment

Hi, thanks for really nice system! Its fun to play with unreal using your system but I have a few questions still.

Will the current video tutorials will be viable after the newest version release? Should I invest time in them or will there be new video tutorials?

Is there any easy way to make player units climb on roof top (are there no ordinary unit can get on)? On your video tutorials there was example how to make units to be able to walk over different area but I only need several player units to be capable of climbing on building tops. Would it be easiest way of doing some kind of special skill and making of some kind adoption of teleport like it was in your latest tutorial?

The AI is sensing enemy units depending on the set range and it "sees" player standing behind the walls. Is there a way to make AI not to see behind the walls and to see only in direction he is facing?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rumik16 View Post
                            Hi,

Thank you so much for this amazing toolkit! I've watched a few of your tutorials and they've helped me to start making a game.
                            I was wondering how do you remove hexes from the grid (like the picture below)?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_20318.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.6 KB ID:	1450022
                            Sorry, I missed your question initially. It seems we both wrote our posts at the same time. That is an old screenshot Where did you find it? I don't think I have it on the store page anumore.

Anyways, for that screenshot the effect was achieved by setting "show default tile" in the public variables of BP_GridManager to false, setting "show collision plane" to true (only while making the map) and then placing down tile actors manually. This works well for small maps, but having lots of separate meshes can become bad for perfromance at large maps. If you are making a large map using this method you can set the instantiate variable to true for the tiles and then clicking the instantiate bool in BP_GridManager once to turn all of them into instanced static meshes.

Another way would be to define the type of tile mesh on each tile in an array beforehand and then looping over this array to add these meshes as instanced static meshes at the start of the game.

Since tiles are no longer really necessary for ATBTT to work you could create the map in whatever way you wanted, using regular static meshes or whatever (as long as they block PathTrace) and the GridManager can be set up to automatically generate a walkable grid on top of them (check the procedural tag in the public variables of BP_GridManager).

Originally posted by PanAtoman View Post
                            Nothing special with gif images. simlycopy image location and paste with this settings
                            Click image for larger version Name:	gif.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	1450050
                            An image can be located anywhere.
                            you can use dropbox or google drive for hosting
                            Hope this helps.
                            And really nice update with a custom path. Looking forward to try it.

Thanks for the tip! Seems I had just been using the wrong image hosting services.

Originally posted by vepure View Post

Works perfectly! Thanks a lot!
                            Glad to hear it! Understanding the array structures of UE4 and ATBTT more specifically is key to mastering this toolkit.

Originally posted by SimBuz View Post
                            Hi, thanks for really nice system! Its fun to play with unreal using your system but I have a few questions still.

Will the current video tutorials will be viable after the newest version release? Should I invest time in them or will there be new video tutorials?

Is there any easy way to make player units climb on roof top (are there no ordinary unit can get on)? On your video tutorials there was example how to make units to be able to walk over different area but I only need several player units to be capable of climbing on building tops. Would it be easiest way of doing some kind of special skill and making of some kind adoption of teleport like it was in your latest tutorial?

The AI is sensing enemy units depending on the set range and it "sees" player standing behind the walls. Is there a way to make AI not to see behind the walls and to see only in direction he is facing?

Thanks!
                            Hey Simbuz, happy to hear you're enjoying the toolkit. As I discuss a bit in the first of my new videos, the old video tutorials will only be partly viable after the new update goes live. Some things stay the same, and the tutorials should still be useful, but results may vary. This kind of sucks, since I spent so long making them, but I guess that is the price I pay for doing such a thorough refactoring. I will be making new tutorials, but it might take some time as this next half a year I'm going to be extremely busy with work as I'm on the last six months of my PhD. That does not mean you will have to wait six months for a new video, but that I can only make them days when I manage to find the time.

I felt I had to quickly make a tutorial on the action system, though, as it is the new feature that I feel is most difficult to understand without an explanation. Next in line is probably the ability system, which is also pretty complex, and differs a lot from how things were handled in earlier versions.

Edit: Had to leave before answering all your questions. I'll get back to them later today.

Edit 2: Ok, so climbing is pretty easy to add on a grid-logic level, but the difficult part is animating it properly. If you simply add an edge between a tile on a roof and on the ground using the AddEdgeBothWays function, all units will be able to move between them. However, they will basically clip through the wall while playing the walk animation. I think this is going to be quite a bit easier in the new update. Before running the Move action you could loop through the array of location vectors and check if there is a large height difference between any two adjacent elements. If there are, and if this always means the presence of a ladder in your game, you could instead of just running the Move action do the following: Run the Move action for a spline consisting of indexes up to the ladder, then make a custom Climb action for animating the climbing and then run another Move action for the remaining locations. Something like that should probably work well.

I would not recommend using the teleport option as it does not work with the AI out of the box. If you add an edge instead, like suggested, the AI should be able to use it without issue.

As for the AI detecting the player in the JungleRaid example, they do actually look in a cone as well as hear in a radius. However, they look using the RangeTrace channel, which is not blocked by the cover tiles in the example. If you were to make more of a stealth game you might want to make a custom trace channel for AI detection to have maximum control, or you could try to trace with Visibility.
                            Last edited by Monokkel; 03-27-2018, 12:14 AM.

Discord

Comment

Monokkel, with the Networked Multiplayer can we expect to see some baked in features like a maximum time limit for turns, custom match settings for players, or perhaps a way to include matchmaking? Still rather new to this so I'm not really sure what all would already be included with your package but my goal is to be able to match players based on Elo or a similar ranking system. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the update, hopefully GDC doesn't hold up the approval process too much longer. Oh one last thing, how will we know that the update is available? Just keep an eye out here for the announcement?

Comment

Thanks for the tips and answers, Monokkel. And good luck with that PhD!

Comment

Working...
                                X