[SUPPORT] Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monokkel View Post
    The toolkit is currently 30% off! If you have been following this thread, but have not bought the toolkit yet, now might be the time!
    Dang it. I bought it last week when it wasn't on sale. Typical. haha. Well back to building

Comment

The toolkit is currently 30% off! If you have been following this thread, but have not bought the toolkit yet, now might be the time!
      Hey, can you answer how to Add characters from mixamo in last version, like you explain in ATBTT - Tutorial 7 - Adding characters without the UE4 skeleton, but this method doesn't work in last version, on map Sci-fi, jungle raid.

Comment

Sorry about the late answers. I did not get a notice, which happens sometimes.

Originally posted by WarpHound View Post
        Dang it. I bought it last week when it wasn't on sale. Typical. haha. Well back to building
        Yeah, that is always a bit annoying. It should be very good value for your money anyway, I hope.

Originally posted by DeniksDD View Post
        Hey, can you answer how to Add characters from mixamo in last version, like you explain in ATBTT - Tutorial 7 - Adding characters without the UE4 skeleton, but this method doesn't work in last version, on map Sci-fi, jungle raid.
        Unfortunately I'm away on vacation and cannot test this directly at the moment. I don't i my see what would be so different in Jungle Raid. Could you explain the issues you are encountering in more detail?
        Last edited by Monokkel; 07-23-2017, 11:06 AM. Reason: corrected autocorrect
        The Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace page - Feedback thread)

Comment

Open LEVEL error

Sorry about the late answers. I did not get a notice, which happens sometimes.
          Yeah, that is always a bit annoying. It should be very good value for your money anyway, I hope.
          Unfortunately I'm away on vacation and cannot test this directly at the moment. I don't i my see what would be so different in Jungle Raid. Could you exploit the issues you are encountering in more detail?
          It's not a problem for now, but i have a few questions.
          1) When are you planning to release multiplayer?
          2) When i start playing from map jungle_raid i haven't an error. But if i try to open level "Jungle Raid" from another place or map like on this attach
          Click image for larger version

Name:	attach.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1131435
          i have a lot of errors after simulation is end. My errors on attach. Please help me to resovle this problem.

Name:	dadada.jpg
Size:	437.7 KB
ID:	1131434

Comment

I'm not sure if I understand it right.

Name:	skill_add.jpg
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1131439

Do you set "Current Move" as a sum of "Max Move" and "Current Move" in AI part of Move skill because of Running (range of Running displayed as yellow tiles by default)? Should I just skip this part if I don't need Running?
            Last edited by ClaimedInfinity; 07-23-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Heya! I got to a point where I want to try to build underground and I get the tiles there aswell but!

a) The mouse tracer doesn't seem to like the high difference so I need way more moves to get there and I need to scroll into the ground to get a movement option there. If I want to get out I have no problems whatsoever

b) If I leave the Max Levels on 5 I not able to get down the stairs at all

Anything I can do about it?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DeniksDD View Post
                It's not a problem for now, but i have a few questions.
                1) When are you planning to release multiplayer?
                2) When i start playing from map jungle_raid i haven't an error. But if i try to open level "Jungle Raid" from another place or map like on this attach
                i have a lot of errors after simulation is end. My errors on attach. Please help me to resovle this problem.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]149400[/ATTACH]
                Networked multiplayer will be included in the next update. I cannot be certain when the update will be done. A couple of months, probably.

I am not sure what is causing the errors when loading Jungle Raid. It is not something I've tested. I will take a look at it as soon as I am back from vacation.

Originally posted by ClaimedInfinity View Post
                I'm not sure if I understand it right.

Do you set "Current Move" as a sum of "Max Move" and "Current Move" in AI part of Move skill because of Running (range of Running displayed as yellow tiles by default)? Should I just skip this part if I don't need Running?
                Yep, you've understood it correctly. With no running you can skip this part.

Originally posted by Danjio View Post
                Heya! I got to a point where I want to try to build underground and I get the tiles there aswell but!

a) The mouse tracer doesn't seem to like the high difference so I need way more moves to get there and I need to scroll into the ground to get a movement option there. If I want to get out I have no problems whatsoever

b) If I leave the Max Levels on 5 I not able to get down the stairs at all

Anything I can do about it?
                Your post says you have attached an image, but I cannot see it. It is a bit difficult finding men to figure out out the exact problem without it. If you need more than five levels something is probably wrong in how the level is set up. I'm assuming you do not not actually have more than five overlapping tiles in one place?

Make sure the max and minimum height for your height is set up correctly. Try turning on debug lines for the line traces inside the heightmap generation function contained in the Add Viewport Terrain to Arrays function and see if you can figure out where it goes wrong.

You can also turn on Pregenerate Gameplay Grids and set Show Tile Indexes and Show Tile_parent Edges to true to find out where the extra, unneeded tiled indexes are added and what the costs are for moving up vs down.

For clicking through tiles to ones underneath, that is a bit tricky. Check out the heightmap example map, where in use special heightmap tile actors that turn translucent and click-through when the player zooms close.

Those are the best suggestions I can give at this point. Report back after testing (maybe with screenshots/videos) and I'll try to give more specific feedback.

Comment

Your post says you have attached an image, but I cannot see it. It is a bit difficult finding men to figure out out the exact problem without it. If you need more than five levels something is probably wrong in how the level is set up. I'm assuming you do not not actually have more than five overlapping tiles in one place?

Make sure the max and minimum height for your height is set up correctly. Try turning on debug lines for the line traces inside the heightmap generation function contained in the Add Viewport Terrain to Arrays function and see if you can figure out where it goes wrong.

You can also turn on Pregenerate Gameplay Grids and set Show Tile Indexes and Show Tile_parent Edges to true to find out where the extra, unneeded tiled indexes are added and what the costs are for moving up vs down.

For clicking through tiles to ones underneath, that is a bit tricky. Check out the heightmap example map, where in use special heightmap tile actors that turn translucent and click-through when the player zooms close.

Those are the best suggestions I can give at this point. Report back after testing (maybe with screenshots/videos) and I'll try to give more specific feedback.
                  Weird. Well I tried a bit around and found that having the Min Grid Height did nothing good for me so I ended up raising the Max Grid Height and lowering the whole grid manager in the map and also lowering the Height Between Levels from 200 to 50 since I can't walk down my stairs otherwise.

Comment

Weird. Well I tried a bit around and found that having the Min Grid Height did nothing good for me so I ended up raising the Max Grid Height and lowering the whole grid manager in the map and also lowering the Height Between Levels from 200 to 50 since I can't walk down my stairs otherwise.
                    Ok, I can see the images now. Might have been caused by the limited WiFi in my previous hotel. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what you are attempting, though. Do you need overlapping levels, or just some tiles that are lower than other tiles?

When it comes to the Max and Min grid height I have made a bounding box around the grid manager that shows these in the editor. As long as the top of the bounding box is higher than the highest walkable tile and the bottom is beneath the lowest walkable tile you should be good.

Comment

Ok, I can see the images now. Might have been caused by the limited WiFi in my previous hotel. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what you are attempting, though. Do you need overlapping levels, or just some tiles that are lower than other tiles?

When it comes to the Max and Min grid height I have made a bounding box around the grid manager that shows these in the editor. As long as the top of the bounding box is higher than the highest walkable tile and the bottom is beneath the lowest walkable tile you should be good.
                      I will try to make a video for you later so you can see exactly what I try and where it breaks. Maybe that will explain it better.

Comment

Rotating camera

Hi there! There is no included functionality for rotating the camera using the mouse. It should not be very difficult to add, though. Were you thinking rotation at a fixed angle or more of a free look?
                        Really amazing work, but I would second the addition of a free look camera option w/ right click rotation. I'm sure users can figure it out with some tinkering, but would be really nice to have the option right off the bat. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Change the default tile mesh and the rest of the variables adjust automatically.
                          I'm sorry, but seems like something work wrong, cause when I change default tile mesh, distance between tiles are not scaled automatically. I want to increase the distance, is it possible?

Comment

I will try to make a video for you later so you can see exactly what I try and where it breaks. Maybe that will explain it better.
                            That would be very helpful Would make it a lot easier for me to help you.

Originally posted by mduran9 View Post
                            Really amazing work, but I would second the addition of a free look camera option w/ right click rotation. I'm sure users can figure it out with some tinkering, but would be really nice to have the option right off the bat. Keep up the good work!
                            I've put it on my TODO-list I've got a few more highly requested things to do before this, but I'll make sure to add it when I can.

Originally posted by Veliandr View Post
                            I'm sorry, but seems like something work wrong, cause when I change default tile mesh, distance between tiles are not scaled automatically. I want to increase the distance, is it possible?
                            So you want there to be a gap between the tiles instead of them being flush? Then you'll have to make some small adjustments. In the construction script of the grid manager, you will see that quite early on in the execution chain TileWidth, TileHeight and NodeGap is set based on the size of the default tile mesh. If you multiply this by some arbitrary factor you should get corresponding gaps between tiles.

Comment

Hi, I love what I've seen of your toolkit! Just got it and very keen to jump in to playing around with it.

I had a question: I was thinking of having customization for the player pawns regarding jump heights, so I was wondering if the (for lack of better words) "height climbing ability" variable was possible on a per-pawn basis?
                              From the video tutorial I watched, it seemed like that variable was tied to the level itself rather than each pawn.

Comment

So you want there to be a gap between the tiles instead of them being flush? Then you'll have to make some small adjustments. In the construction script of the grid manager, you will see that quite early on in the execution chain TileWidth, TileHeight and NodeGap is set based on the size of the default tile mesh. If you multiply this by some arbitrary factor you should get corresponding gaps between tiles.
                                Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X