No announcement yet.

Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit [SUPPORT]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OperatorCrux : Happy to help! Understanding the execution chain is crucial to getting good at blueprints.

Also, to all: The toolkit is currently 30% off during the Spring Sale!
    The Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace page - Feedback thread)

Comment

hey Monokkel i made a thread for my project if you wanna keep up with us :>

https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...irls-and-tanks

Comment

Originally posted by Selentic View Post
        hey Monokkel i made a thread for my project if you wanna keep up with us :>

https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...irls-and-tanks
        Thanks a lot! You've done amazing work with the cel-shaded artstyle. I saw the WW2/cute anime girl combination quite a bit when I was in Tokyo, and I find it a bit bizarre, but I'm very much looking forward to playing your game Following you on twitter now.

Comment

I was wondering if there was any way to make the default tiles bigger, but still be blocking? I am trying to make an underground level, so I need walls all around where the players are moving, and a rectangular grid will not work. I have simply been changing the scale of the default tiles (Tile_Wall), but the grid manager will path around only the center of the tile wall. Is there any way I can make this work with scaling? For instance, a tile_wall of 1x5 will block a 1x5 area, not a 1x1 area?

Comment

Originally posted by PuddlesRex View Post
            I was wondering if there was any way to make the default tiles bigger, but still be blocking? I am trying to make an underground level, so I need walls all around where the players are moving, and a rectangular grid will not work. I have simply been changing the scale of the default tiles (Tile_Wall), but the grid manager will path around only the center of the tile wall. Is there any way I can make this work with scaling? For instance, a tile_wall of 1x5 will block a 1x5 area, not a 1x1 area?
            Simplest way to do this is to the toolkit's procedural wall tracing system. If you use this you can skip using tiles and just place regular static meshes if you want. Just make sure that whatever you want to block walkability blocks the WallTrace channel in its collision settings and set "Trace for Walls" to true in the public variables of BP_GridManager.

In other news UE4.19 is out and so will soon the big ATBTT update I've been working on for ages. It seems that there are more issues than expected after converting to 4.19, so it might take a few days, but it should be in all your hands fairly soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Monokkel View Post
              In other news UE4.19 is out and so will soon the big ATBTT update I've been working on for ages. It seems that there are more issues than expected after converting to 4.19, so it might take a few days, but it should be in all your hands fairly soon.
              Great to hear it, keep up the good work dude!

Comment

Hi man! Thanx for the support. I tried to modify the AttackVictim event in BP_Unit so it won't call ChooseNextPawn automatically after an attack has been resolved. I made a brunch checking if there's any movement left, if so, it will call ActivateUnit again, if not, ChooseNextPawn will be called. I also add a bool to check if the unit has already attacked, so it won't be possible to attack twice. I made it simple but I think I'm missing something, because it's not working properly. Now I can attack first and move second, but I can't move a little bit, attack, then move again... Any thoughts? Thanx in advance!

Comment

This is probably a stupid question but how do you sort units that have the same initiative value?
                  I've checked "sort units in initiative order" function and found nothing.

Comment

Hey there,
                    Question to people who already used this pack and to a creator ( if he is not too busy) What do you think is this may be a good base to create a game with a similar mechanic as a Silent Storm ( video)
                    So with the main goal of the fully destructible environment and multi-floors buildings.
                    MARKETPLACE
                    PERSONAL PORTFOLIO
                    <<<<Follow me on Twitter >>>>>

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, eveyone. I've been super busy both with work and with fixing bugs in the update.

Originally posted by Tarrtarus View Post

Great to hear it, keep up the good work dude!
                      Thanks! Will do

Originally posted by manaverde42 View Post
                      Hi man! Thanx for the support. I tried to modify the AttackVictim event in BP_Unit so it won't call ChooseNextPawn automatically after an attack has been resolved. I made a brunch checking if there's any movement left, if so, it will call ActivateUnit again, if not, ChooseNextPawn will be called. I also add a bool to check if the unit has already attacked, so it won't be possible to attack twice. I made it simple but I think I'm missing something, because it's not working properly. Now I can attack first and move second, but I can't move a little bit, attack, then move again... Any thoughts? Thanx in advance!
                      You're almost there, but there is a tiny mistake. Current move is subtracted when moving, not adding up, so you should be checking if current move is 0, not if it equal to max move (which would mean that it currently has remaining move equal to its maximum possible move). My fault for having unclear, variable names, I guess. Try changing that and see if it works.

Originally posted by ClaimedInfinity View Post
                      This is probably a stupid question but how do you sort units that have the same initiative value?
                      I've checked "sort units in initiative order" function and found nothing.
                      Not a stupid question, and it is honestly something I'm not 100% sure of myself. If units are tied in initiative they will be sorted in the order they are ordered in the output array of GetAllActorsOfClass(Unit). In the editor I think this means the order in which they were either placed or last modified in the viewport, but I don't think this holds true for a packaged project. If you want control of the acting order, you should make sure all units have different initiative values. This is something I should probably change to using a random number generator instead, so what happens is at least transparent. I'll put that on my to-do list.

Originally posted by PanAtoman View Post
                      Hey there,
                      Question to people who already used this pack and to a creator ( if he is not too busy) What do you think is this may be a good base to create a game with a similar mechanic as a Silent Storm ( video)
                      So with the main goal of the fully destructible environment and multi-floors buildings.
                      There would at least be a lot of stuff you would not have to make from the ground up, such as all the grid-functionality (including multi-level grids), pathfinding, visibility checks etc. The AI included should also serve as a good starting point. For these reasons I think ATBTT would be a great starting point for something like Silent Storm. However, you would of course still need to make lots of stuff yourself, but it should be a good fit. Destructible terrain is not terribly difficult to add, and I can help you with it if you are stuck.

Comment

Thanks, Monokkel you just sold it to me = )
                        MARKETPLACE
                        PERSONAL PORTFOLIO
                        <<<<Follow me on Twitter >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by PanAtoman View Post
                          Thanks, Monokkel you just sold it to me = )
                          Great Just don't underestimate the amount of work required to make a game like that. For all the stuff I've added over the years, my toolkit still only provides the basic building blocks (by design, really). If it is your first game I would recommend first trying something simpler, but if you're experienced with UE4, go for it.

Comment

Hey, any idea on how to make the guys respawn after they are killed? This is what I have right now:Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-03-20_13h30_52.png Views:	1 Size:	188.8 KB ID:	1446859

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-03-20_13h31_58.png Views:	1 Size:	170.2 KB ID:	1446860

I'm trying to make them respawn at the index determined by Temp Faction after they die. I have the following issue. Whenever the red team (enemy faction) kills a pawn, his position is registered as being one tile off as in the following pictures:

Green team turn:
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-03-20_13h39_02.png Views:	1 Size:	339.0 KB ID:	1446861

Red team turn:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-03-20_13h41_31.png Views:	1 Size:	297.8 KB ID:	1446862

This happens only when the red (enemy) pawn kills someone.
                            If the red pawn is killed, the unwanted effect disappears, but reappears as soon as it kills a pawn again.
                            The game should be player-vs-player: no AI involved

EDIT: After further testing, I can get the unwanted effect to happen for the green team(not as consistently as for the red team though)
                            Last edited by vepure; 03-20-2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

vepure : This is likely caused by you removing an index from the pawn array. The pawn array is an array the size of the grid (GridSizeX*GridSizeY). If you use the remove index node you are actually removing that entire tile from the array, meaning that every unit on the map on an index higher than the one on your map is moved one tile westward. Instead use the SetArrayElement node without an input.

In the upcoming update I've changed the unit array from an array to a map, which will make it possible to simply remove an element, but for the time being that is how you would fix it. Try chaning the remove node to a SetArrayElement node and let me know how it goes.

Comment

Was about to ask about 4.19, but seems you've got things rolling already, cant wait until its release!

Comment

Working...
                                X