[Dead] Pro-Grade Complete Dynamic-Weather-Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbarnhardt View Post
    Easy killer, I'm sure he's still working on it. The man was juggling this with studying for his masters and I think a day job as well. Since there's no actual product to provide support on or anything, he isn't exactly beholden to us.
    Dude its been 5-6 months for a response... still dont have one. This thing is dead. I mean even if u dont have time to work on it.. it dont take effort to check your messages. This dude bounced on us.. probably lost interest and decided its not worth the effort. I would seriously pay someone well to get me a hard rain system that works indoor and outdoor.

Comment

this project is onhold. You cant expect an answer.
      The author is busy with gamedevelopment.

He will evtl come back, but that is his alone to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Filly_The_Owl View Post
        this project is onhold. You cant expect an answer.
        The author is busy with gamedevelopment.

He will evtl come back, but that is his alone to decide.
        You also cant answer for him and make assumptions about him still being down to do this.

Comment

This is still on hold / pretty much dead. I honestly haven't touched it for months now.

Just don't have the time to work on it at the moment and things have changed a lot since, I'd probably go about it quite differently now if I was to start again. As a lesson to myself I probably won't make threads next time until I'm much closer to having something Sorry folks!

Comment

Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post
            You also cant answer for him and make assumptions about him still being down to do this.
            We can't, but given that this isn't a support thread, the OP isn't obligated to maintain some sort of commitment to you.

Comment

but we need this in our lifes!
              *throws money*

Comment

Originally posted by pbarnhardt View Post
                We can't, but given that this isn't a support thread, the OP isn't obligated to maintain some sort of commitment to you.
                Yea but i just called it. He just said its dead for now and if he does plan on doing it again hes probably starting from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
                  This is still on hold / pretty much dead. I honestly haven't touched it for months now.

Just don't have the time to work on it at the moment and things have changed a lot since, I'd probably go about it quite differently now if I was to start again. As a lesson to myself I probably won't make threads next time until I'm much closer to having something Sorry folks!
                  Thanks for the response. THats disappointing .

Comment

I would definitely like to do it still, but I can't prioritize at the moment and there's no telling when I'll get the time - so I would recommend folks don't pin their hopes on this one for now!

But yea, if I was to take on this again - I'd start from the beginning, and probably do a lot of the heavy lifting in the form of C++ and expose the good stuff to Blueprint.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
                      I would definitely like to do it still, but I can't prioritize at the moment and there's no telling when I'll get the time - so I would recommend folks don't pin their hopes on this one for now!

But yea, if I was to take on this again - I'd start from the beginning, and probably do a lot of the heavy lifting in the form of C++ and expose the good stuff to Blueprint.
                      Hey, TheJamsh. Your weather toolkit looks amazing, and while I understand that you want to have this completed before revealing any of the inner-workings, there are a few simple things I wanted to know, namely what your particle system looks like for the rain drops. I created a rain particle system based on another youtube tutorial, but the droplets themselves don't have that nice motion blurred effect that yours have. Also, the droplets don't have that windy looking effect either. I am also playing around with the skysphere to make it look more stormy, however I haven't had any major breakthroughs, and my sky just looks weird when I change the colours. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am trying to get this ready for my degree show work for my masters course that finishes soon. Thanks!

Comment

Hey [MENTION=155]TheJamsh[/MENTION]

P.G.C.D.W.T.

Is This It

Dead or Alive?
                        Or Totally Top-Secret. Heheheh :B

-Luny
                        lunybunny.com
                        lunybunny.com

Comment

Beyond Dead. I'll update the thread title.

To clarify, knowing how much more I do now about the engine etc - this would be better done as an editor plugin, and there's a million things I could do better. Just don't have the time to build it these days.

Comment

Working...
                          X