No announcement yet.

JCInventory, Grid based jigsaw Inventory for your projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is done! I just bought this after long watching and waiting! Im going to test this right know!

EDIT: I found an error already D:
    When i open the JCcharacter Blueprint, compile and save it without changing anything - then - containers dont work anymore. The container HUD just disappears 1 sec after opening.

EDIT2: So for some reason it sometimes works... and sometimes not. After i deleted the other startpositions it works better... Why is it so unstable at opening containers?

EDIT3: Ok the next bug is pretty simple and funny: Go with the mouse on any item to see the description. Leaf the mouse there and instantly close the inventory. Description stays :3

EDIT4: Where can i find a "range" cause the arms of the players must be about 4 meters long He can grab things like miles away!
    Last edited by Filly_The_Owl; 05-28-2015, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Yeah I don't know how to adjust the range a player can grab items either

Comment

Sounds like you use the Demo Character. Just go to the JCInventoryCharacter and open the Eyes Ray Trace Function. At the Vector*Float node, just change the float to what ever distance you like.

Comment

@Kanizitas Sounds like the container range is too small, there is a public variable on the container to indicate the range the player can open it at. If its not this I'm unsure, i was unable to replicate that issue on my end (following your instructions). As for the description staying open, that is a bug! That bug is already featured on this forum, i have since fixed it and it has been uploaded to epic. I will supply a image of how to correct it on the wiki!

and AlexW88 is correct about the range! i think default is set to 400? 4 meters.
          JcInventory, a Jigsaw Grid based Inventory designed in UMG and blueprint

Comment

Thx for the qucik answer :3 the Range thingy works and i have finally add the Data to my project. But the Range is really mugs me... Where can we set the player arms to 1m XD 4 Or maybe we have to discribe the raytrace more. I keep an eye on this and post u later!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexW88 View Post
              Sounds like you use the Demo Character. Just go to the JCInventoryCharacter and open the Eyes Ray Trace Function. At the Vector*Float node, just change the float to what ever distance you like.
              I complete readed this after Posting to stagger... its as i thought THX i will fix that right now.

EDIT: Works.

I dont understand how i can change the weapon... and how to add one. I need example Videos on how to add items of any kind.
              Last edited by Filly_The_Owl; 06-01-2015, 05:17 AM.

Comment

@Kanizitas have you checked the wiki page here? http://jcinventory.wikia.com/wiki/JCItemData

Comment

Hey Staggerlee,

Great system so far! I haven't fully implemented everything I want yet, but I do notice some (mostly user experience/audio) quirks:

- If I set up 2 items to craft that both require an AmountNeeded greater than 1, and both set to ConsumeMaterial and ConsumeSelf, the material item only loses one stack rather than the AmountNeeded. So if I have 20 bolts and 20 metal plates and it requires 5 of each to craft something, I'm left with 15 bolts but 19 metal plates.

- If I want to craft by dragging either the "Self" or "Material", and set each of them to "CraftWith" each other (unless this isn't the proper way to do it), the "SoundOnDrag" plays when dragging one of the items on to the other, but not the other way around. So dragging the bolts on to the metal plates works as expected and plays no sound (or plays the CraftWith PlaySound), but dragging the metal plates on to the bolts also plays the "SoundOnDrag" sound.

- Continuing with the previous point, if you don't use up the entire stack, it will also play the "SoundOnPayloadReturn" sound, so you end up having 2 sounds play simultaneously when dragging the metal plates on to the bolts, or 3 sounds playing simultaneously when dragging the bolts on to the metal plates.

- The right click context menu for dropping/using items doesn't play the corresponding sounds.

- Double clicking to use an item plays the "SoundOnDoubleClick" sound even if the item isn't set to be a consumable.

EDIT: Also, would it be possible to have customization for different sounds to play when dragging/using different items?
                  Last edited by akka; 06-07-2015, 12:46 AM.
                  texturemax.com | @texturemax
                  Marketplace: 100 Splatter Decals | 200+ Grunge Decals

Comment

Originally posted by Staggerlee View Post
                    @Kanizitas have you checked the wiki page here? http://jcinventory.wikia.com/wiki/JCItemData
                    See this link the first time ever XD

Comment

Originally posted by akka View Post
                      Hey Staggerlee,

Great system so far! I haven't fully implemented everything I want yet, but I do notice some (mostly user experience/audio) quirks:

- If I set up 2 items to craft that both require an AmountNeeded greater than 1, and both set to ConsumeMaterial and ConsumeSelf, the material item only loses one stack rather than the AmountNeeded. So if I have 20 bolts and 20 metal plates and it requires 5 of each to craft something, I'm left with 15 bolts but 19 metal plates.

- If I want to craft by dragging either the "Self" or "Material", and set each of them to "CraftWith" each other (unless this isn't the proper way to do it), the "SoundOnDrag" plays when dragging one of the items on to the other, but not the other way around. So dragging the bolts on to the metal plates works as expected and plays no sound (or plays the CraftWith PlaySound), but dragging the metal plates on to the bolts also plays the "SoundOnDrag" sound.

- Continuing with the previous point, if you don't use up the entire stack, it will also play the "SoundOnPayloadReturn" sound, so you end up having 2 sounds play simultaneously when dragging the metal plates on to the bolts, or 3 sounds playing simultaneously when dragging the bolts on to the metal plates.

- The right click context menu for dropping/using items doesn't play the corresponding sounds.

- Double clicking to use an item plays the "SoundOnDoubleClick" sound even if the item isn't set to be a consumable.

EDIT: Also, would it be possible to have customization for different sounds to play when dragging/using different items?
                      Thank you so much for this report. That was very well written and will make it much easier to fix!
                      as for sounds for use per item, get rid of the use item sound, and then put individual sound effects in the Use Event on the item!
                      You could also add this with an attribute!

Comment

Originally posted by Staggerlee View Post
                        Thank you so much for this report. That was very well written and will make it much easier to fix!
                        as for sounds for use per item, get rid of the use item sound, and then put individual sound effects in the Use Event on the item!
                        You could also add this with an attribute!
                        It seems I was mistaken about my second point, I had something set up wrong on my end. The SoundOnDrag sound does not fire by crafting with either item, so this works as expected.

The next point about the SoundOnPayloadReturn playing when you don't use up the whole stack is technically correct since the rest of the stack is returning to your inventory, but depending on what sounds you use for the SImplePlaySound crafting success and the SoundOnPayloadReturn, it can sound odd having them both play at the same time.

Comment

Hi again Staggerlee,

I've been continuing to mess around quite a bit with this inventory system, and I've come across a few other things:

- Changing the value of "Range for Open" in the "JCItemStash" blueprint doesn't seem to have any effect on the range you can open the stash from, but I noticed this only in the demo level you supply. In my own project it seems to work fine...

- If you drag the character inventory (or any of the bags) to the right side of the screen, the tooltips for items in the slots near the right go off the screen.

- If you drag a window to the right of the screen and then make the main game window smaller from the right side, the JC window doesn't automatically snap back in view unless you grab/drag the JC window, so it's possible to "lose" that window completely off the side of the screen unless you drag the main game window back out. If you try this from the bottom of the screen it does snap back up, although it is possible to lose the top (draggable) part of the window this way, and there seems to be no way in this case to get the window back in view. Here's a video showing both these points: https://youtu.be/gx2Ygjm71f8

- If you open both test backpacks and then close the character inventory window, only one of the backpack windows closes and the mouse cursor goes away giving you normal game control again, but with an open backpack window still on the screen.

You may already know about these 4.8 warnings:

- In 4.8 there are 2 compile warnings in "JCDragDropPayload", and 4 more in "JCItemSlot": "Play Sound is deprecated; Use the global function PlaySound2D instead."

- In 4.8 there's a compile warning in JCInventoryCharacter: "'JcPlayerInventory' is already a "JCPlayer Inventory', you don't need Cast to JCPlayerInventory ."

Comment

Just letting you know guys, doing the port to 4.8 now!
                            I intend to add all the known bug fixes, but its pleasing to know that 4.8 fixed a lot in itself!

Now you should be able to make JCInventory work from right clicking the project file and selecting launch or playing from stand alone build. There was an issue before in this mode with 4.7 of variables not passing on spawn for some horror reason that epic seems to have fixed! Heads up SIG ! Your request should be working fine now!

All in all the port is going smooth and i look forward to pushing the bug fixes. Would also love to add a few more features such as a easy way to handle random spawns and a few other things.
                            Last edited by Staggerlee; 06-13-2015, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Hey Akka, thanks again for your notes! Once again, very well written and explain. You have no idea how much i appreciate detailed testing like that.
                              I had however fixed most of those things in 4.8 and a few more. The port has been pretty easy in 4.8! Its very exciting!

As for the windows, JCInventory wont be able to support any aspect ratio, just the main ones and anything that is not too letterboxed. This is due too many limitations, but mostly, If you distort the window to some strange ratio (example ratio 2:14) it will scale the elements but they will not stretch relative to the view port rather it apply the scale uniformly to both the x and y of the widget (this is based on observation, so take it with a gain of salt). What that means is that in unusual aspect ratios the widgets themselves can not fit on screen because there is simply no room for them.

However, i can improve this a lot! I'm sure I can add in a command that makes the UI windows snap back to where they can be seen whenever the view port changes in any way ( Need to research this! ).

Will keep you all updated!

Comment

Hi, has ANYBODY got this working on Mobile Devices Yet? The inventory works perfectly fine on PC, but when i launch it on iOS, things are missing.

Here is a picture of it Working Perfect on PC: http://imgur.com/7j3lIi4
                                And over here in this picture is a screenshot on iOS, the inventory is not working on iOS in this picture: http://imgur.com/wm0jvb9

Any help will be greatly appreciated! I Think it's a texture issue. Or the widgets are not spawning properly maybe.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X