JCInventory, Grid based jigsaw Inventory for your projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMrC View Post
    Has anybody integrated this system as the master inventory for other BP items (i.e. generic shooter weapons). Trying to make it work but honestly confused. Should I re-parent the Other BP (i.e. generic shooter weapon items) under JCInventoryItem? How do you handle the concept of duplicate meshes etc. I assume there is some form of simple way that I am missing.
    i would assume the weapon would have to be a child of the inventory item BP, for this reason..i didnt create any of my weapons or consumables etc as they all would need to be compatible with my inventory(in this case JCI) and i needed to establish that first..so in your case(i purchased generic shooter but have yet to open it) i would assume setting up as a component(4.9) like the video and converting the weapons to JCinventory items should do the trick

Comment

hmmm let me try that

Comment

One more question. Staggerlee - is there a more elegant solution that could be added into core JC in the future. I.e. that would allow JC to wrapper other item structures through configuration?

Comment

@Staggerlee - So I finally figured out how to get the base slot to tile properly behind an item image! All you have to do is resize the base slot image itself to be the same size as the inventory slot size in the settings, and then set the tiling to both horizontal and vertical.

I have mine set up to have the drag and drop payload be transparent so it just shows the item, but doing the same there will make it consistent if that's what you're going for. I think combined with the other change to drag offsets the inventory feels and looks nicer

Edit: I also set up child class of JCInventoryItem to handle Skeletal meshes, for animated guns, bows etc.

------------
          Edit again: Question - How do you change the size of the default inventory grid? I see how it adds more space with the J and K keys, but editing the values directly so they start that size doesn't seem to jive. Thanks
          Last edited by n00854180t; 09-27-2015, 08:06 PM.
          Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Video showing off JCInventoryItemAnimated, the tiling BaseSlot behind objects, and the mouse down position being preserved, though it doesn't show the on drop functionality. Oh and of course the bow I implemented, and the ongoing reskin

JCInventoryItemAnimated should also allow for carrying ragdolled skeletal meshes, such as rat corpses.

@Staggerlee - Your code is great btw, very clean and well commented

I'm willing to share any of the improvements I've made here.
            Last edited by n00854180t; 09-28-2015, 02:24 PM.

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

I just got an update for JC in Epic launcher. Any changes/bug fixes or Epic playing around again...

Comment

Wondering about the update myself.

Comment

Hey guys,
                  The update was just the bug fixes detailed here . Your not missing out on new content.

I did however switch the tooltip system to use the unreal engine tool tip system, but unless your modifying that you wont notice a difference. Just trying to clean up the code every time i release.

Also, love the update on your project. I must say seeing implementation videos/gifs of jcinventory really makes me happy. I agree about the grid spacing as well n00854180t, your UI is looking really nice.
                  Last edited by Staggerlee; 09-28-2015, 09:07 PM.
                  JcInventory, a Jigsaw Grid based Inventory designed in UMG and blueprint

Comment

@Staggerlee, I was wondering how to make it so the inventory starts with more space? I tried editing the values that the demo changes when pressing J or K but it doesn't seem to work.

Comment

you cant change them directly. When the size of the inventory changes it needs to update a lot of things, that's what the function handles.

Check the RPCcomponent in your pawn to set the initial size, then, have a look at the function called RPCChangeInventorySize. That should do the trick

Comment

A bit weired, but yesterday i messed around with a new multiplayer build and suddenly the interface stopped showing up. Now after coupel of trials and errors i removed the branch from the Possessed event (as suggested in your video), and voila interface works just fine. And more oddly afterwards i added a print string on that branch, it continued to work (with or without print). Really no idea what the issue was.

On a similar note, if you want to extend JCItemDataStruct, add new item, hit save on that screen. But then immediately quit-close the project (without saving), otherwise several components will break. Reopen and new added struct item is usable.
                        Reallusion Unreal Engine Community Manager / LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by Staggerlee View Post
                          you cant change them directly. When the size of the inventory changes it needs to update a lot of things, that's what the function handles.

Check the RPCcomponent in your pawn to set the initial size, then, have a look at the function called RPCChangeInventorySize. That should do the trick
                          Calling the resize method on play did the trick, thanks bud

Comment

I have bought your blueprint and it works fantasticaly, however when I play on Dedicated server this error pops up:
                            https://gyazo.com/81301439e4aa570dc9ae5bba7a5e04c6

Comment

Im afraid i could not replicate this in a new Jcinventory project. Here's what i did, i opened jcinventory in 4.9.2 then ran 2 players with dedicated server ticked and equip/unequip the rifle a few times. UE4 returned no errors and ran properly.
                              Can you provide some more details?

Comment

@Staggerlee - Might not be the case anymore, but the dedicated from editor used to be a bit funky and not necessarily give the same results as the proper dedicated.

Comment

Working...
                                X