No announcement yet.

JCInventory, Grid based jigsaw Inventory for your projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see the icon moving and i hear the sound when i start to drag it and when i drop it somewhere.
    The icon do not vanish when i drop it(in the inventory to a new slot, outside or anywhere else). It just simply goes back to its original place.
    I have disabled all my UMG widgets.
    If i right click on the icon, the menu will drop down with the options "Use,Drop,Cancel" but only the "cancel" option works. The other just play the sound and nothing happens.
    If i hover the mouse over the icon i can see the description text pop up with the correct text.
    Last edited by Eqric; 08-22-2015, 04:40 AM.

Comment

@n00854180t You can also set the BG Image inside the JcItemSlot tiling to 'both' and make sure your image size is the same size as your grid size as another alternative?

@Eqric The only thing i can think of is that your Interface is set up incorrectly on your pawn. Put some break points on your nodes inside the RPCGRAPH and check they are firing. The strange thing is that to snap back to its original place means that it is adding to the inventory through the RPCs. The way it is returned is when Return Payload is called on the drag and drop payload. it is called when the item is dropped somewhere out of bounds. Very very strange stuff.
      Would you mind doing this for me,
      1. set a break point up inside JcUserInterface on the Event OnClicked(UseButton) on the function RPCUseItem and ensure no null values are going through to the function.
      2. set a break point up in your pawns RPC GRAPH (in the pawn you made, you would have done this if you followed tutorials) at the event UseAndItemRPC on the function Use An Item- check it for null values.
      3. Use a consumable item (by right clicking then selecting use item) and check for any null values.
      JcInventory, a Jigsaw Grid based Inventory designed in UMG and blueprint

Comment

hmm very strange things.
        So far i have tried:
        1. set a break point up inside JcUserInterface on the Event OnClicked(UseButton) on the function RPCUseItem and ensure no null values are going through to the function.
        The result is that it is being called however when it reaches RPCUSE Item , it suddenly jumps to my "P" on the keyboard is pressed event... I did not press P. Then it jumps back to PLay Sound 2D.

2. set a break point up in your pawns RPC GRAPH (in the pawn you made, you would have done this if you followed tutorials) at the event UseAndItemRPC on the function Use An Item- check it for null values.
        This one is not being called.

3. Use a consumable item (by right clicking then selecting use item) and check for any null values.
        UseAnItemRPC is not being called

I will try to re-implement JCInventory one more time into my project.

Update:
        I must have done something very wrong the last few times i tried to implement it following your youtube video...
        This time i followed "http://jcinventory.wikia.com/wiki/Implement_Custom_Pawn" and it does work now
        Last edited by Eqric; 08-22-2015, 05:46 AM.

Comment

This is super edge-casey and likely not even close to what you built this system to do, but my entire project is in C++, and what I'm really looking for is a slick UMG front-end capable of displaying and interacting with item data from my own custom classes and item databases- would it be reasonably straightforward for me to get that working, or is JCInventory built from the ground up with the assumption that users will design and curate content via blueprint and the editor?

Comment

does anyone know how to detect what item has been placed in a slot? for example i have a gun and put it in the slot and once its in there i spawn a skeletal mesh in the players hands?

Comment

Originally posted by AlhpaWolfDale View Post
              does anyone know how to detect what item has been placed in a slot? for example i have a gun and put it in the slot and once its in there i spawn a skeletal mesh in the players hands?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-22_155455.png
Views:	1
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1084281

set it as a variable.
              make the variable "rep notify"
              start your mesh switching logic from the repnotifty function that gets generated
              Snap-In Systems: <<< CLICK
              | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

I have been following your c++ survival tutorials very closely and I cannot figure out why i am not getting an item displayed in my inventory around 7 minutes into video #2.5

Everything seems to be set up exactly as you showed but when i interact with the rifle item, it is just removed from the world and not added to the player's inventory.

Any ideas on how to debug this? I am not having any luck placing breakpoints to find out more information.

Comment

Originally posted by thankstipscom View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]53802[/ATTACH]

set it as a variable.
                  make the variable "rep notify"
                  start your mesh switching logic from the repnotifty function that gets generated
                  Sorry but could you explain a little more? im kinda new to all this

Nevermind got it sorted thank you
                  Last edited by AlhpaWolfDale; 08-22-2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

@HInoue Hey there, as i have said before its pretty impracticable with C++ as the Structs are blueprint structs for example. We are moving ourown project over to C++ and it means i am having to entirely redevelop JcInventory in C++ (total pain). im afraid there's not much flexibility for blueprints communicating with C++, but for a better understanding of how they can relate have a look at the C++ Survival series.

@dodgethisunrealHey, would like to hear more infomation about what your breakpoints returned, did they all fire? Did the command RPCAddItemToInventory fire? did OnUsed trigger CPPOnUsed ?
                    Thanks.

Comment

@n00854180t You can also set the BG Image inside the JcItemSlot tiling to 'both' and make sure your image size is the same size as your grid size as another alternative?
                      That's the thing :/ I've tried lots of combinations of doing that, and it seems to be completely ignored, such that it simply draws the single square in the upper left (the actual slot the item is occupying) with blank in the rest of the background. For some reason the tiling just doesn't seem to want to actually function.
                      Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Hey would it be possible to show a quick example on how to use the "Find Item in Inventory" node. Im trying to implement a feature where the player tries to access a locked door, it would attempt to kind the keycard in your inventory before allowing you to pass. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by littlesparta View Post
                          Hey would it be possible to show a quick example on how to use the "Find Item in Inventory" node. Im trying to implement a feature where the player tries to access a locked door, it would attempt to kind the keycard in your inventory before allowing you to pass. Thanks!
                          Hi, first sorry for my English, i will try to help you, but i am not on my PC so Staggerlee could correct me and I hope he don't mind.
                          When you create a new item, you can specify a, I believe is, "Pickup Class" for it. So when you interact with your door, you can use "Find Item In Inventory with class" function (or something like that). So the function will search your inventory to find if you have an item with that class.
                          pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexarg View Post
                            Hi, first sorry for my English, i will try to help you, but i am not on my PC so Staggerlee could correct me and I hope he don't mind.
                            When you create a new item, you can specify a, I believe is, "Pickup Class" for it. So when you interact with your door, you can use "Find Item In Inventory with class" function (or something like that). So the function will search your inventory to find if you have an item with that class.
                            I'm assuming if you have the item in your inventory already, you know how to make an item that can be picked up and added to your inventory. As mentioned by Alexarg use the Find Items in inventory by class. Here's an example I use for something else but you can use the same idea. Just use the by class node instead of the one I'm using and in the bottom left where mine has itemdata, just choose the key card. If the player has one, then make a bool set to true and then the door opens if its true.. etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FindIninventory.png
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1084443
                            Snap-In Systems: <<< CLICK
                            | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

Originally posted by thankstipscom View Post
                              I never really took the time to revisit this as I wanted to do this when I first got the system. might be a more efficient way but I did it like this.

create a function called items to start with in your charBP
                              spawn each item you want them to start with and add it to an array of items (i only have one in my example but you'd repeat the same for each item then on the last connect it to the next part which is the loop.
                              then run a loop that adds each item in the array to the inventory and then delete the spawned actor

Add this function to your char begin play, or in after the event possess.

(ignore the attach to holster function. thats not needed for this functionlity)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53573[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]53574[/ATTACH]
                              Thank you very much thankstips, this put me on the right trail. Its working flawlessly now.

The second thing i'm trying to achive is when you drag an widget item over an actor in the world to change its appearance. This is working with "on break Hit Result Under Cursor", but when i drag an item from the inventory, i can't find a solution to start the interface blueprint which is starting the events of the actors. Is there a way to get an widgetblueprint items to interact with actors in the scene (drag&drop)? thx for any help c.

Comment

@charisti Hey there, there is no way to get Unreals Drag and drop to work in that use case without a bit of work. The drag and drop will not be able in interact with actors that way- however you could rig something onto JcUserInterface OnDrop().
                                Basically you could try adding a mouse point to world ray trace for an actor when you drop the UMG widget on the JcUserInterface, this might be a little tricky to set up but from there you could fire your interface on the actor, or if no actor was found drop the item in the world (jcInventory default behavior)
                                Let me know how it goes!
                                Last edited by Staggerlee; 08-26-2015, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X