No announcement yet.

JCInventory, Grid based jigsaw Inventory for your projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to combine the player from this asset with my one, but well... it would take years and centurys. :c
    Can you maybe create something little to easily combine this with other creations?

Comment

-3KD- Sorry, still need a little more information. How are you adding the items to the inventory? The most common cause of items not being added to the inventory is that there item data is not passed/not set up properly. Check that your items have all there information filled out. What tutorial did you follow and did you have any issues with it at all? i would suggest adding a break point to your RPCAddItemToInventory node and checking it is receiving no NULL values to ensure your game logic is all working!

Kanizitas , if it would take a long time to move your code onto the first person pawn, why dont you move the code from the first person pawn into your pawn? You can see me do just that in my Survival video series and i accomplish the task in 10 minutes. It does however require good knowledge of unreal engine (know what a game mode is, know what a HUD class is, know what a pawn is and how they all relate), Blueprints (know how to make your own ray traces and game logic) and blueprint interfaces (The system using interfaces to enable you to switch out its components, but if your new to interfaces this could be hard to follow).

if you know all that, the code on the first person character can really just be copied and pasted, then modified to suit your game, as i did in the survival seris as well as the third person pawn written example on the wiki!

Methusalem , hey- bad news is that this project was made for the market place before C++ was supported and was made specifically for blueprints. However the good news is you can check my Survival series tutorial on how you can link C++ and blueprint together. I am working on a similar system done all in C++, but im not sure if i will make it public as i have enough trouble providing support for this project!! Hope that helps!
      Last edited by Staggerlee; 08-14-2015, 01:34 AM.
      JcInventory, a Jigsaw Grid based Inventory designed in UMG and blueprint

Comment

Ye sure im god and have created everything in C++.

Give me an extrem facepalm.

Its all Blueprints. Forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanizitas View Post
          Ye sure im god and have created everything in C++.
          Give me an extrem facepalm.

Its all Blueprints. Forget it.
          Isn't it in the blueprints section on the marketplace? I would think they wouldn't even allow hybrid systems on the marketplace under blueprints section to make sure there is no confusion. Also to make sure that "add to project" is easy and doesn't require adding c++ classes on top of the actual bp system. Seems clear to me.

-3KD-: Does your inventory window have the grid at the bottom? the little squares? It took me a solid two days to get it fully integrated into my TPS game which has a lot of code already. I was hoping for something super easy to integrate but ended up having to actually put a lot of break points in the system and follow it's logic all the way through to really understand it. It will take some time to get a grasp on how it operates since you didn't write it yourself, but once you do, it's pretty easy to customize and extremely scale-able.

I can confirm it definitely does work as is though and with the docs provided by the creator it works integrating into an existing project at a basic functional level so with that in mind the issue must be somewhere in your integration steps, if you want to get more specific help, you need to give more specific details as to what you've tried and what your setup looks like. Screenshots, or a video showing your bueprints is a good first step. If you don't want to share that info just yet, I would highly recommend going through all the steps in the documents and/or the videos again. Take your time. Instead of trying to copy and paste all the functions, recreate them instead so you're sure you didn't miss anything. Or copy one at a time.
          Snap-In Systems: <<< CLICK
          | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

hey guys, this is a message for all the people interested in the C++ example,
            i released i never published the video between video #2 and #3
            so here is video #2.5!! Enjoy!

for new users, i just wanted to say that this series is an advance tutorial series to help users who are already established with C++ and want c++ implementation examples. Jcinventory is 100% blueprint and requires no C++ knowledge, but if you are a C++ buff i hope this helps!
            Last edited by Staggerlee; 08-17-2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Hi, I'm really loving this inventory but I ran in to a problem. If I package my project for Windows the player inventory doesn't seem to load. I've also tried with a fresh JCInventory project but I still get the same issue. Am I missing something simple here because I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	JCInventoryBug.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1084030

Comment

@Staggerlee - not sure if this is already known or addressed, but I found a small bug related to drag and drop - namely, it doesn't preserve the offset into the item when you drag (e.g., if you click in the middle of the icon, it will slide until the cursor is over the top left corner). This makes it a bit harder to drag and drop organize items.

Also, quick question (not a bug), is there a way to make it so that when the items are just sitting in the inventory, it will have a transparent background so the grid squares show through? Right now it resizes the grid square to the size of the item's image, which looks a bit weird.

Thanks man, and great pack.
                Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

@alienbyday Hey there, this issue was related to the 4.8 release with the HUD class being set up before the pawns begin play. To fix this issue you can put a timer on begin play on the HUD class of about 0.1, or for a more solid fix i recommend implementing the 4.8 Spawn pawn fix.

n00854180t, yes i intend to make the offset more accurate with 4.9, thanks for pointing that out. as for the resizing, do you mean so you can have images that say are not set up by the JcInventory ratio, but wont distort? That can be done pretty easy with a size box. Its probably not a bad thing to include in the next build, if your having problems with it ill make a screenshot. I would set it up the same way the equip slots & quick slots handle image re sizing.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/k9OObMi.jpg

Here's an example - the single square is stretched when there's an item present. Bigger items have more stretching. I'd just like it to tile such that it looks like they're sitting on top of the grid.
                    Last edited by n00854180t; 08-20-2015, 12:24 AM.

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

hey, its maybe very basic, but i can't find out how to populate the jcinventory with specific inventory items at game start. any hint will be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot c.

Comment

@n00854180t , ah i understand! the easiest way to achieve this would be to make the backgrounds of the JcInventorySlot set to totally transparent. (change there alpha), then put in a gridded background on the actual JcPlayerInventoryWindow widget. Is that clear? Because each Slot has its own background that's why the background stretches with the image. Is that clear?

Comment

I was hoping to avoid doing it that way since it wouldn't handle add/remove slots correctly. Right now I have it so that it sets it transparent if there's an item, so it just doesn't have the grid squares at all when there's an item. I think that will work okay for my purposes, though.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by charisti View Post
                            hey, its maybe very basic, but i can't find out how to populate the jcinventory with specific inventory items at game start. any hint will be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot c.
                            I never really took the time to revisit this as I wanted to do this when I first got the system. might be a more efficient way but I did it like this.

create a function called items to start with in your charBP
                            spawn each item you want them to start with and add it to an array of items (i only have one in my example but you'd repeat the same for each item then on the last connect it to the next part which is the loop.
                            then run a loop that adds each item in the array to the inventory and then delete the spawned actor

Add this function to your char begin play, or in after the event possess.

(ignore the attach to holster function. thats not needed for this functionlity)

Name:	items_start_01.png
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	1084169

Name:	items_start_02.png
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	1084170
                            Last edited by thankstipscom; 08-21-2015, 10:46 AM.
                            Snap-In Systems: <<< CLICK
                            | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

Hi, i bought JCInventory a few hours ago and i have followed your tutorial on how to add the inventory to a custom pawn.
                              I ran into a problem when i add an item to the inventory by class. I can see the item in the inventory but i cannot move it, drop it, use it or equip it. However i can place it into a hotbar. Any idea what the problem might be?

Comment

Eqric Hmm, never heard that one before. This stuff is really hard for me to debug because as soon as you implement it into your own game logic you essentially have changed JcInventory and its very hard for me to know where and how without a lot of debug information. Can i have a few more details, does it create a Drag and drop operation (thus allowing you to move it to the quick bar) but simply vanish when you try and move it somewhere (including off the inventory) - do you have ANY other UMG widgets in your game? What is there collision?

Comment

Working...
                                X