No announcement yet.

JCInventory, Grid based jigsaw Inventory for your projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is really simple, I think jack told he will be making a tutorial about this. I can break you down how I do it. On Equipment, I create an Actor and store a reference to that Actor in a variable. For the Actor I create a custom event e.g. Fire Weapon. If the Character detects a left mouse button click, I call the Fire Weapon Event for the referenced actor, which has the gunlogic in the execution line of the custom event Fire Weapon.

Actually I'm using a Interface Function instead of a Custom Event, basically it's the same, the Interface just allows a more efficient workflow.
    Last edited by AlexW88; 07-07-2015, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Currently Ive created a BaseWeapon blueprint that is a child blueprint of the JcInventoryItem and I have a fire function inside that blueprint, but I cant figure out how to actually call that function from inside the player blueprint when the player presses the fire button.
      Stylized Low Poly Environment
      Stylized Low Poly Pine Forest
      Stylized Low Poly Buildings
      First Person Horror Template

Comment

That's basic blueprint communication https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...mms/index.html , and I wrote above how I handle it. You can find numerous other guides if you search for Blueprint communication.

However you may just want to wait for a official response from Jack as I think he wanted to make a Tutorial for this anyway.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I have been waiting for quite some time now after I bought the inventory to have correctly functioning weapons but haven't heard anything of the sort yet so I started attempting it on my own. Ive set it up so it calls the fire function in the Base Weapon blueprint, but for whatever reason it isnt working correctly. Ive made sure that my current weapon variable is set to whatever weapon is selected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dznm9pn.png
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1081313
          Click image for larger version

Name:	5GnAAqw.png
Views:	1
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1081314

Comment

Originally posted by Shirk View Post
            Thanks for the response. I have been waiting for quite some time now after I bought the inventory to have correctly functioning weapons but haven't heard anything of the sort yet so I started attempting it on my own. Ive set it up so it calls the fire function in the Base Weapon blueprint, but for whatever reason it isnt working correctly. Ive made sure that my current weapon variable is set to whatever weapon is selected.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46817[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]46818[/ATTACH]
            The creator mentioned his next tutorial was going to be on how to do a proper weapon system with this but it was a couple weeks ago I believe and I haven't seen nor heard of anything about it since.

Comment

Well hopefully it wont be much longer.

Comment

Hey Shirk,
                The system only includeds a inventory system and no weapon system- they are seperate systems within a game and i have kept them seperate to make the code cleaner to read and the price cheaper. I am working on a tutorial to implement the C++ survival game by tom looman and JCInventory together, this will have examples of how to use JcInventory with a weapon system. Just cleaning up some replication bugs. The C++ Survival game includes a pretty darn good weapon system, and you can import it totally for free yourself!

I am working as well on JcWeaponSystem, but development for the community takes time (Much longer then developing for myself) as i want to take the care to make sure things are clear reducing the amount of support needed. This will be released when it is ready on the forums.
                JcInventory, a Jigsaw Grid based Inventory designed in UMG and blueprint

Comment

Originally posted by Staggerlee View Post
                  Hey Shirk,
                  I am working on a tutorial to implement the C++ survival game by tom looman and JCInventory togethe
                  Well, this should be extremly helpful, thanks.
                  pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Hi, I wanted to report that there is a consistent error in the current version (4.8) where appending the list of JCItemAttributes causes a number of files to fail compiling. It appears that this is for different reasons compared to the earlier Unreal Engine glitch in the 4.7 version when doing the same thing. At the moment, this function cannot be used in the system because of this error.

The Specific failing appears to be with JCSlotStruct which refuses to compile if changes are made.

Comment

I just bought this... I'm trying to integrate it into my own HUD/Character etc.
                      I can get it to pop open the inventory box. But can not for the life of me get the grid in the box. So the bottom part is empty. I have it spawning on begin play but it doesn't seem to do anything. In the video it shows cols, rows and another thing thats 38. In the version I got I just have cols and rows... but they wont set for me in my project. They do seem to work in the example project though.

Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: I resolved this one part grid not showing by setting a default pawn class but overall still broken and I'm not sure if it's the proper way to do things. I never have a default pawn class setup, I always spawn players at spawn points based on their chosen char and team using player start tags. Not sure why the grid is dependent on default pawn class being set in game mode.

When I pick up items they disappear, but don't get put into the grid. so not sure if this is related... but it might be.
                      Seems to alternate to working sometimes on server or on client or not at all. Never both. It's definitely related to Default Pawn Class.

I dont need/want a default pawn class set, but its the only way to get the grid to show up for me right now and even when the grid is there, the items don't add to it.
                      If someone has this working right now, can you try setting your default pawn class to none and spawn a character of class instead and see if it still works for you?

From the videos and the demo level, this looks amazing and seems customizable when in a working state. But its not so simple to integrate into an existing game unfortunately. Thanks in advance for any help, I'm getting a bit frustrated with how much time I've spent trying to integrate this
                      Last edited by thankstipscom; 07-13-2015, 05:53 PM.
                      Snap-In Systems: <<< CLICK
                      | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

Hey guys! Have been moving house over the last week, sorry to not get back to you all right away.
                        I am working on a big tutorial at the moment that is much larger then my normal videos, i hope to have it finished tomorrow.

@Seaker21, BP Structs can be really funny in unreal engine, I have found a fix for 4.8 while working on the new video,
                        After you update your attribute struct, don't save anything but at attribute struct- then close unreal and re-open it. It will compile the blueprints properly and cause no issues. Tell me how you go with this!

@thankstipscom Tomorrow morning when I'm back at my workstation i will try and replicate this, then edit this post with my findings! It should work as i have that kind of interaction working with the C++ survival example. I will PM You after i have attempted to replicate this. Might just need to move some functions from Begin Play to OnPossess in order to allow the pawn to be spawned without a Controller/HUD, and then allow you to add it later.

Hope to have a new video for you guys in the next 24 hours!

Comment

Thanks, that quick fix worked (engine can be so randomly buggy at times, lol).

Comment

Yeah, at me it works a bit different... whenever I add new Attributes, the Engine instantly crashes and on restart it hooked up everything correctly.
                            Also when I use the JC Library function "Get Attributes from ItemData" at some particular execution chain it will never return the correct Attributes while breaking the Struct manually always returns the correct Attributes. I love "randomness" at Games, but at Engines

Comment

Hey there thankstipscom , I hope this helps!
                              I will be cleaning this solution up and will include it in the next build for JcInventory. But in the mean time this should get you over the line! Please Ask if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Staggerlee View Post

Hey there thankstipscom , I hope this helps!
                                I will be cleaning this solution up and will include it in the next build for JcInventory. But in the mean time this should get you over the line! Please Ask if you have any questions.
                                Awesome. Many thanks.
                                It worked without a hitch and it makes more sense now too why the bug was there to begin with.

I'll start working on expanding and customizing it this coming week now that its working! I'll post some feedback and give a review for it on the marketplace page when I know it a bit better.

Thanks again for the help man and for the turnaround time on this.
                                Snap-In Systems: <<< CLICK
                                | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

Working...
                                X