Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    @J.J. Franzen

You've done everything like I showed in the tutorial? If only zooming works it might be because the Grid Manager has not detected the Grid Camera. Try turning any public variable in the placed Grid Spawner on and off to get it to detect the camera you've placed. It might also help to make a custom Player Controller that has show mouse cursor set to true. I considered including this in the toolkit, but that would mean having to override the game mode, which many users might not want to do when adding the toolkit to an existing project. With the mouse cursor shown you can make sure that you are indeed hovering over the tiles when the hex cursor is shown/not shown. I hope this helps and that it's not a Mac problem.

I'd like to download it myself and check if the adding is handled properly, but it seems I have to buy my own project? I'll get 70% back, but still.

By the way I'd like future comments to be made in the new thread I made. I'll copy this part of the conversation to the new thread so you can continue there. I'll write that in large print below so people will stop posting in this thread.

Attention: I've made a new thread for the toolkit. Please add any future comments there

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, I'm just hacking out some textures and meshes. Hardly worth mentioning. Cheers all the same.

It's my pleasure to make the purchase. I've been wanting to do a TBS for years but could never overcome the daunting scale the task would entail. You have managed to kick the teeth out of that in one fell swoop and made it seem like it's an achievable goal! Well worth the price of entry in my opinion. To be honest, I think we're going to see a significant spike in the number of Turn Based Strategy games being made this year. That's something to be very proud of!

So, I finally got around to firing up your tutorial. I created a new empty project in 4.7 with just the starter content, added in the toolkit, and then opened the included map. So far, all seems right. However, when I hit play, I can't seem to interact with anything. I don't see the hex cursor like in your video, I can't select or move any units, etc. I can zoom in and out, but that seems to be it. Am I missing something? Was there anything else I had to do to get the included map to work as it does in the video? Perhaps is this an artifact of me trying to run it on a Mac? Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers,

J^2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New thread for the released toolkit: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...d-Large-Images

Originally posted by Jon Jones View Post
    I'm quite excited for the community to get their hands on this kit in particular. Impressive stuff, and a great example of the power of UE4.
    Hey thanks! That means a lot to me. Looking forward to seeing the blog update!

Originally posted by BardicKnowledge View Post
    Thanks for the info, I finally managed to get my hands on this
    Good to hear! I hope it lives up to your expectations

Originally posted by J. J. Franzen View Post
    Outstanding. Just grabbed it and will start running through the tutorials as soon as I finish making some terrain hex meshes for Zeustiak. Very excited! Cheers,

J^2
    Anyone helping Zeustiak make his awesome blueprint even more awesome is a friend of mine Thanks for the purchase!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Outstanding. Just grabbed it and will start running through the tutorials as soon as I finish making some terrain hex meshes for Zeustiak. Very excited! Cheers,

J^2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the info, I finally managed to get my hands on this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BardicKnowledge View Post
    Did anyone understand what the hell happened with today's marketplace update?
    Hi! Apologies for the glitch. We had a small technical error that prevented us from being able to verify that everything was purchasable and downloadable, so we quickly pulled the content until everything was 100% verified and functional. We've now resolved the issue and everything is now live! We'll be updating the blog and forum tomorrow with more.

I'm quite excited for the community to get their hands on this kit in particular. Impressive stuff, and a great example of the power of UE4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's up on the marketplace! Lets hope it stays this time

It's getting pretty late in Norway and I have to get up early for work tomorrow, so I will unfortunately not have time to answer any questions for the next few hours. I plan to start a new thread for the released toolkit tomorrow, but feel free to ask any questions in this thread and I'll try to answer them as soon as I have the time. I hope anyone purchasing will enjoy toying around in it in the meantime. I've tried to root out all bugs I can find and comment the blueprints well, but there are bound to be some issues I have not encountered in a blueprint of this size and scope, so please tell me if you run into any issues. I can be contacted my PMs (I've just emptied my inbox) or through this thread.

I recommend anyone who purchases the toolkit to look through the two tutorial videos that are attached in the original post of this thread.

@CheapModeler: Now that the toolkit is out you can read the feature list in the marketplace. Height maps and instantiation are the only two features I can see that are not included in the marketplace description. You can also look through the tutorial videos I've posted that showcase most of the major features.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tUtf8Sk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1067165
    Last edited by Monokkel; 02-25-2015, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Monokkel View Post
    Good name Do you have a project page/thread? I hope you'll find what you need in my toolkit.
    We're working on concept art right now. Once we have art to showcase we will move on with a project page and thread.

By the way would you mind listing your feature list for this Toolkit please?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've got no clue. I'm also experiencing the forums and unrealengine.com as really slow and unstable, so maybe they're having some technical issues?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did anyone understand what the hell happened with today's marketplace update?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm sure it wil be up again soon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Same here.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It was up, it gave an error when I tried to buy it, and now I don't see it :/
    Last edited by staryoshi; 02-25-2015, 02:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want it now. Will have to wait till next week though with this being bill week and all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's finally up

Leave a comment:

Working...
X