• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Very nice. Great job on this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This reminds me of Fallout 1 and 2. Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zeustiak View Post
    lol, that is pretty sweet. Reminds me back when I played second life you could play board games within the game like that.
    Now all we need is a globe in the corner with your map generator

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
    @Monnokel: I have "scripters" chomping at the bit waiting for this. The team has basically changed the direction of the game just to use this pack of yours ... we can't wait. 8-}
    That’s both great and a bit intimidating to hear I hope the initial release will live up to your high expectations, and I will work hard in the weeks following release to add anything people feel could be added to make the system even better. There are still a lot of cool features I want to add, so anyone who buys this should expect lots of future updates.
    Last edited by Monokkel; 02-05-2015, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Monnokel: I have "scripters" chomping at the bit waiting for this. The team has basically changed the direction of the game just to use this pack of yours ... we can't wait. 8-}

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol, that is pretty sweet. Reminds me back when I played second life you could play board games within the game like that.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Getting very close to release now, and I'm making sure that everything is intuitive to set up and understand for new users. Setting up the blueprint in a new project is now as easy as dragging the grid blueprint onto the viewport, selecting and placing your meshes and that's it Below is a video showing the result of adding it to the realistic rendering demo. I think that adding a turn based strategy game as a board minigame within a larger game might be a fun diversion for players, and this video shows one possible way of achieving this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Monokkel View Post
    Huh, well how about that. Seems like all cards with twenty or more votes skipped the line. Still haven't heard from Epic, though, and with the number of cards In Process I can imagine it will still take a while before they have the time to review it. I'll take this as my cue to stop adding new features for a while and focus on polishing and commenting what I've got.
    Seems like a good idea. Looking forward to buying this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
    Looks like you are almost there Monokkel - It was just added to QA/Legal/etc.
    Huh, well how about that. Seems like all cards with twenty or more votes skipped the line. Still haven't heard from Epic, though, and with the number of cards In Process I can imagine it will still take a while before they have the time to review it. I'll take this as my cue to stop adding new features for a while and focus on polishing and commenting what I've got.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice ... looking forward to this one. 8-}

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like you are almost there Monokkel - It was just added to QA/Legal/etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, I've added a new feature! I'm pleased with how level creation directly in the viewport currently works in my system. However, placing lots of separate actors in the scene can have a pretty big impact on performance for large maps. Because of this I'd assumed that you'd have to use some sort of procedural level generation blueprint using instanced meshes for larger maps. However, I never found needing two different level creation systems to be entirely satisfactory, so I've added a way to convert static meshes from actors into instanced static meshes in the viewport using construction scripts. The performance increase is substantial, and everything works seamlessly. Instanced meshes can also be converted back to actors if you want to make changes to the scene.

Below is a video demonstrating this new feature in action (pay attention to the fps counter and jump just short of a minute into the video if you're impatient )

Originally posted by Elendil View Post
    Waiting for this too !
    But what will be the price ?
    Good to hear! It will priced close to similar items on the Unity Marketplace.

Originally posted by BardicKnowledge View Post
    Bravo! This will save me a lot of time I'd rather spend in other aspects of my game, I'm definitely going to buy this.
    Yeah, I'm hoping it will be a real time saver for a lot of people. I was hoping someone else would make something like this when I started out using UE4, and I only begun making grid based pathfinding because no one else seemed to be at the time. I'm glad I did now, though, as I learned a ton

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bravo! This will save me a lot of time I'd rather spend in other aspects of my game, I'm definitely going to buy this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Waiting for this too !
    But what will be the price ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone

@ order66: I thought so as well, and I included the last video posted above in the initial marketplace submission. I was told that I couldn't use that video because I used assets from the Couch Knight demo, and that the only assets I could include from Epic were the ones in the starter content (their answer was a bit unclear, but that's how I understood it). My submission was significantly delayed because of this, and I agree With you that Epic's guidlines seem to suggest that assets from the free samples are fair game. They should probably update the submission guidlines to clarify.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X