No announcement yet.

Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit [Submitted - Large Images]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing! The videos really do give me the idea that just by getting this plugin and adding some attack abilities in there, you can have gameplay with objectives from day one in development. Great job man.
    Journeyman's Minimap - Available on Marketplace - Forum topic - Video

Comment

Thanks Nisshoku It felt good when I finally found the time to add some proper visuals to my system after working on the underlying logic for ages. Highly recommended!
      The Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace page - Feedback thread)

Comment

That video looks like something straight out of XCOM.
        Map Generator 1.0
        Map Generator 2.0
        Map Generator 3.0

Comment

This is going to be perfect for a game I@m working on .
          Just a quick question, does it/will it support multiplayer? My current game is single player so I'll still be picking this up but I expect I'll want to use it in a multiplayer game at some point

Comment

Originally posted by Zeustiak View Post
            That video looks like something straight out of XCOM.
            Thanks! XCOM has my biggest inspiration when making the system, and after adding some meshes it finally looks the part

Originally posted by Fred.Horgan View Post
            This is going to be perfect for a game I@m working on .
            Just a quick question, does it/will it support multiplayer? My current game is single player so I'll still be picking this up but I expect I'll want to use it in a multiplayer game at some point
            Good to hear, Fred! It does not support multiplayer out of the box; at least not at the moment. It is something I'd like to implement, but it's not my area of expertise and a bit down the line as far as planned features are concerned. However, turn based strategy should be one of the simpler genres to convert to multiplayer, since everything is deterministic and very little information needs to be sent between clients at very infrequent intervals compared to real time games. I'm quite confident that converting the system to multiplayer wouldn't be too much of a hassle for anyone who has previous experience with multiplayer integration in Ue4.

Comment

I've updated the original post to include the pictures' I've submitted to Epic for displaying on the marketplace. Here's hoping we'll see them there soon

Edit: And just noticed a spelling mistake in one of the images. Dang it!
              Last edited by Monokkel; 02-11-2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Witout that mistake it would have been perfect

Comment

Shame on you Monokkel ... we expect better ... Bad Monokkel ... to the corner!!! 8-p

Just kidding man ... I am sure they will let you re-submit it. I have my Fiance proof read all my stuff (except for Forum posts) ... I call her "My Keeper of Words". 8-}
                  Quinton Delpeche
                  Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Originally posted by BardicKnowledge View Post
                    Witout that mistake it would have been perfect
                    Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                    Shame on you Monokkel ... we expect better ... Bad Monokkel ... to the corner!!! 8-p

Just kidding man ... I am sure they will let you re-submit it. I have my Fiance proof read all my stuff (except for Forum posts) ... I call her "My Keeper of Words". 8-}
                    Heh, yeah I'm very ashamed. But after hours of corrective Photoshop work I've fixed the mistake and uploaded a new version with an extra h wedged in and sent it to Epic. Now we play the waiting game.

Comment

I've been following your progress for a few months - I can't wait to it come to fruition - It's just what I need

Comment

Just saw something pop up on the marketplace called Turn Based Strategy Grids and got all excited thinking you'd made it to release. I was very sad to see what it actually was... Any chance for an ETA on release for this?

Comment

Originally posted by staryoshi
                          I've been following your progress for a while - I can't wait for this project to become available, as it's just what I need!
                          Originally posted by J. J. Franzen View Post
                          Just saw something pop up on the marketplace called Turn Based Strategy Grids and got all excited thinking you'd made it to release. I was very sad to see what it actually was... Any chance for an ETA on release for this?
                          Hehe, I got excited there for a moment as well. That's NisshokuZK's blueprint, and I think it's a pretty cool solution as well. We've been working in parallel for a long time, and though I started before him he submitted it before me, so it's only fair that he got on the marketplace first. I had hoped that my blueprint would be on the marketplace today as well, though. I'm still not worried that I'm going to lose a lot of buyers, because our solutions are pretty different from each other.

I'm through the voting process, and I submitted all my files to Epic last weekend. I haven't heard anything from them since, though I just got a cryptic mail from the site that hosts the marketplace distribution agreement forms that the form I had signed had been voided. No clue why, though I guess I must have forgotten to sign something. I've mailed Epic about it without getting any answer, but then they've probably taken the weekend off. Epic will be doing maintenance on the marketplace next week, so my blueprint will probably be up in two weeks time. I'm kind of bummed out that I have to wait that long, but I've decided to see this as an opportunity, and will spend the next couple of weeks adding even more cool features before release and blow people away when it finally is released :P I've got some really cool stuff planned
                          Last edited by Monokkel; 02-13-2015, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Waiting for cool stuff is fine with me!

Comment

I hope they'll sort this out soon, I can't wait to implement this in my project

Comment

Ok, time for some of the aforementioned cool stuff I'm (literally) taking the plugin to the next level, as I've taken the pathfinding into "the third dimension".

Click image for larger version

Name:	cleKXzo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	1066489

I had implemented the basics of height differences before, which was pretty easy. The tricky part was having the blueprint automatically generate areas of walkability based on the height differences between nodes, but now that too works like a charm. Making levels with height is still done through drag and drop and the units takes the height of the terrain into consideration when calculating visibility. I've thrown together a small skirmish using BSP and the default UE4 materials to show the new feature in action. I hope you enjoy

Comment

Working...
                                X