Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by CheapModeler View Post
    Will be picking this up for our Monster Odyssey project.
    Good name Do you have a project page/thread? I hope you'll find what you need in my toolkit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will be picking this up for our Monster Odyssey project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still no update... sadness..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BardicKnowledge View Post
    Just noticed 4.7 is out, is this going to work with it or we should rather stick to 4.6.1 for the time being?
    I've just tested it with 4.7 and luckily everything seems to work fine

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just noticed 4.7 is out, is this going to work with it or we should rather stick to 4.6.1 for the time being?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alaan View Post
    Something to think about as you're building whatever will let pawns occupy the same space at separate heights. Having it so that a function of picking up a character could be useful for some games. One of my favorites, the Disgaea series, allows for all sorts of interesting interactions through picking up your party members.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27003[/ATTACH]
    That's a bit too gameplay specific for what I'm making so I won't be adding such feature directly I can help you in adding it yourself if you want that mechanic, though. I don't think you'd even need true height differences to make something like what you picture possible. They are all standing on the same tile, so just make a custom pawn that represents several pawns stacked together and treat it as a single unit.
    Last edited by Monokkel; 02-25-2015, 07:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BardicKnowledge View Post
    What's the name of this game? Disgaea: Cirque du Soleil edition?
    No this was Disgaea: Cirque du Soleil.

Click image for larger version

Name:	d5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1067107

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alaan View Post
    Something to think about as you're building whatever will let pawns occupy the same space at separate heights. Having it so that a function of picking up a character could be useful for some games. One of my favorites, the Disgaea series, allows for all sorts of interesting interactions through picking up your party members.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27003[/ATTACH]
    What's the name of this game? Disgaea: Cirque du Soleil edition?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	6210548222_afbc8a7720_z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	1067105

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wisdom-HELLy View Post
    If you reach the point to have a complex management of a multi-floor level situation it will be of course the best solution

Anyway, I want to ask you a question: is your system ready to put some custom logic on cell adjacency?
    For example, in my project I want troops joining together (or have symbiosis) in a special 3x3 formation when they are close enough and act as one big troop with increased stats.

Is it possible with your system to calculate adjacency efficiently at any time?
    Yes, that's certainly possible. Just use Find Tiles In Range function with a range of one and set it to check for friendly pawns on the returned indexes. Increase stats if friendlies are found. Find Tiles in Range is very fast at so small ranges. Finding and checking for visibility to all nodes within 2 tiles (25 nodes) takes 0.05 milliseconds on my computer. Even checking all nodes within fifty tiles of a pawn (10201 nodes in total) only takes about 15 milliseconds.

Editing: This can even be made twice as fast if you only care about whether the pawns are within range and not whether the visibility to them is blocked.
    Last edited by Monokkel; 02-25-2015, 07:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you reach the point to have a complex management of a multi-floor level situation it will be of course the best solution

Anyway, I want to ask you a question: is your system ready to put some custom logic on cell adjacency?
    For example, in my project I want troops joining together (or have symbiosis) in a special 3x3 formation when they are close enough and act as one big troop with increased stats.

Is it possible with your system to calculate adjacency efficiently at any time?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wisdom-HELLy View Post
    Hi Monokkel,

I'm very interested in your work and I'm following you since the beginning of old topic.
    Can't really wait to hands on it

BTW, I want to put my two coins on how you could manage multi-level grids in a multi floor building/dungeon environment: just think at very old games where to reach an above or below floor you have to "warp" from a special tile to another special tile of above/below floor (for example, stairs entry point or elevator).

In this way maybe you can't shoot at enemy downstairs, but surely you can travel from/to above/below floors and manage them separately during gameplay.
    Thanks for the input, Helly! That's certainly one way to do it, and could be done quite easily as well. However, I do want pawns to be able to attack and see pawns and tiles on other levels, which as you rightly point out would not work with such a solution. There are numerous ways to allow for variable height, and while some of them would be easy to implement I want to make sure I choose one that is both efficient and useful. A goal I've had throughout making the toolkit is having it flexible, modular, efficient and intuitive. I want this to hold true for having multiple levels as well, and so I'm currently testing multiple solutions and am trying to find the optimal one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Monokkel,

I'm very interested in your work and I'm following you since the beginning of old topic.
    Can't really wait to hands on it

BTW, I want to put my two coins on how you could manage multi-level grids in a multi floor building/dungeon environment: just think at very old games where to reach an above or below floor you have to "warp" from a special tile to another special tile of above/below floor (for example, stairs entry point or elevator).

In this way maybe you can't shoot at enemy downstairs, but surely you can travel from/to above/below floors and manage them separately during gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm using this time waiting to work on my stat/combat/calculations. I'm quite eager to get rolling with the toolkit! (The price point you've chosen seems fair for the amount of content I've seen thus far, btw)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great, thanks for the update

Leave a comment:

Working...
X