• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Nevermind, I figured it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

I have a dumb question. I made a couple test spells and entered them into the spellbook, but the spellbook is not updating to reflect the added spells. Is there something I need to do in order update the spellbook?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Just bought it on selfy page.
    What is the difference between selfie and marketplace?
    Do I still get updates?

Thanks
    Jesse

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jwyuen View Post
    Hey

Yea i saw you guys using this for wow type of battle.
    I am making an old Final Fantasy Style Battle So I might think of using this for it.
    Wait and see.
    Seeing how customizable it is first though

You can make whatever you want with this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey

Yea i saw you guys using this for wow type of battle.
    I am making an old Final Fantasy Style Battle So I might think of using this for it.
    Wait and see.
    Seeing how customizable it is first though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well have downloaded it, and is working on to install it.

I'll start some scratch, not that much that I need to add in anyway. But I when I get it work, then I'll get back to you.

Thanks so much mate
    Hugz Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking forward to see the update, cant wait.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UPDATE !
    I've sent the updated version to the epic, in the meantime Updated Version compatible with 4.10 up to 4.13 available at https://sellfy.com/p/xEiX/ at discounted price!

The system is now a component, so minimal setup, just add the component to your selected character pawn bp, then use can use the 2 Global Macros to setup bindings to most of the core functions via 2 nodes. ofc you can access all the functions yourself as well, the macro is there just to help you get started
    Last edited by Sarr; 10-03-2016, 01:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    update 3: 2 new functions have been added to help new users:
    welcome Spell System Core and Hotbar Bindinds

Tomorrow, ill be submitting the update to the marketplace

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update 2: Finally got info from my testers, currently there is an issue with the effects part of the system (the system will come with 2 spells, fireball and healing spell. fireball applies damage over time in form of a "burn" effect, and healing spell applies heal over time effect.

So last minute bug fixes, then off to the marketplace it goes, if you are currently interested in getting this new version prior to it appearing on marketplace, contact me with proof of purchase, and ill give you updated download link.

Regards,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update: Finally nearly finished,
    -Instead of a tutorial, there is a demo map with a character with the system pre implemented with every called function commented.
    -There is full multiplayer support and enforcement for core functions to execute on server and replicate the results correctly to the clients.
    -The system has been rewritten to use a database to hold spell information (no more spell database actor with horrible arrays to edit).
    -Fully functional Hotbar that shows a circular cooldown overlay as well as time in seconds for abilities, It can also be activated using the 1-0 keys on the keyboard (each number responding to a hotbar slot) or clicking with mouse.
    -Simple spellbook that lets you drag and drop abilities onto the hot bar

This update will work on engine versions 4.10, 4.11, 4.12, and 4.13.

I plan to send the update for this system before end of the month, as well as carry on updating my other systems.. the character system has also been completely rewritten as a component and within next few weeks will be updated on the marketplace as well as 2 new systems, a simple targeting system, and a simple combat system, stay tuned !

(PS: The system is finished, and currently in hands of testers, basically waiting for their green light)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sarr; 09-27-2016, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sarr View Post
    Update: So far the hotbar is finished, the system has been rewritten as a component with proper multiplayer support, there is also a function library to help you retrieve spell data, check costs, apply spell effects, I'm working on finishing spellbook, and then writing a new tutorial.
    How is all this coming along?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sarr View Post
    Update: So far the hotbar is finished, the system has been rewritten as a component with proper multiplayer support, there is also a function library to help you retrieve spell data, check costs, apply spell effects, I'm working on finishing spellbook, and then writing a new tutorial.
    Looking forward to see the final result

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright so finally update on whats going on, I have less work now, which gives me little more free time. I've started to rework the spell system completely, this involves improving performance, cleaning up the blueprints, introduction of datatable to hold ability data (the table is the same format as the current spell_struct, but you will have to manually copy existing spell data over to the datatable), turning the main bp actor into an actor component, and finally getting the effects part of the system up to a working standard.

this will involve improved support for multiplayer, and the hotbar promised in previous updates, as well as a simple ability book to view spell information.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X