No announcement yet.

The Spell Casting System in the Marketplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I can't seem to get my character to cast a spell and I'm not exactly sure where I went wrong. I followed the old tutorial and the tutorial in engine as well but nothing seems to be working. Am I missing something here?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	help2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	1099210
    Click image for larger version

Name:	help.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1099211

Comment

Originally posted by DestinyFaux View Post
      So I can't seem to get my character to cast a spell and I'm not exactly sure where I went wrong. I followed the old tutorial and the tutorial in engine as well but nothing seems to be working. Am I missing something here?
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]75486[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]75487[/ATTACH]
      The add spell node isn't connected in your graph, if you don't have any spells added to the spellbook of the character. how can it cast?
      My Works:
      Inventory and Equipment System | S.M.C (Simple Multiplayer Chat) | Spell/Ability System | Character Attribute Progression System

Youtube | Website | Sellfy Page
      Fantasy 3rd-Person RPG , Skyland Of Arnythos

Comment

Hey Sarr!

quick question - with the spellbook and hotbar add-on that you are working on, will this also include some sort of rudimentary mouse click targeting system?

Comment

Originally posted by Chieling View Post
          Hey Sarr!

quick question - with the spellbook and hotbar add-on that you are working on, will this also include some sort of rudimentary mouse click targeting system?
          It wasn't planned, but I could include a very simple targeting system component. (something along the lines of click on a pawn to target it, and use it for the spell system)
          My Works:
          Inventory and Equipment System | S.M.C (Simple Multiplayer Chat) | Spell/Ability System | Character Attribute Progression System

Comment

i think that would be fantastic. would be a great thing to round out the spell system

Comment

so well there be any more update to thi system or any of your other systems been like 4 or 5 months and nothing is this dead

Comment

Hey guys, Just wanted to let you all know, I've spent last 2 months or so battling with illness and tooth problems, so updates for my marketplace content have been delayed, but don't worry I haven't abandoned them, and there are unfinished updates for all my systems, as well as support for 4.12.

regarding any tips and requests. until i finish with the current updates, I'm not going to implement any new features.
                My Works:

Comment

I bought your Spell System a long time ago. I am just getting around to messing around with it. I need help with making two types of spells, a beam type channeling spell where it is being casted for as long as you hold down the key (and have mana)... and a charge up type of cast spell where it charges up thru 5 levels (2secs per level) (drains mana as you charge) as long as you hold down the key (and have mana) then releases the spell when let go of the key, casts defferent spells depending on which charge level you reached. Thanks.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=15042]Sarr[/MENTION]

My condolences for your teeth. I hope you're feeling better.

I love all your systems, are very intelligent in the way with can be infinitely expanded.

I will be very happy with the upgrade. I just do not even know if you've implemented a hotbar as an working UMG example. But I'd love to see an example using circular animation for countdown in the hotbar icons.
                    lunybunny.com
                    lunybunny.com

Comment

Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
                      Hi [MENTION=15042]Sarr[/MENTION]

My condolences for your teeth. I hope you're feeling better.

I love all your systems, are very intelligent in the way with can be infinitely expanded.

I will be very happy with the upgrade. I just do not even know if you've implemented a hotbar as an working UMG example. But I'd love to see an example using circular animation for countdown in the hotbar icons.
                      I have a hotbar finished, but the spellbook part of the update isnt completely done yet.
                      and there is a circular animation for the cooldowns as well as timer in seconds remaining till cooled down
                      My Works:

Comment

Alright so finally update on whats going on, I have less work now, which gives me little more free time. I've started to rework the spell system completely, this involves improving performance, cleaning up the blueprints, introduction of datatable to hold ability data (the table is the same format as the current spell_struct, but you will have to manually copy existing spell data over to the datatable), turning the main bp actor into an actor component, and finally getting the effects part of the system up to a working standard.

this will involve improved support for multiplayer, and the hotbar promised in previous updates, as well as a simple ability book to view spell information.
                        My Works:

Comment

Update: So far the hotbar is finished, the system has been rewritten as a component with proper multiplayer support, there is also a function library to help you retrieve spell data, check costs, apply spell effects, I'm working on finishing spellbook, and then writing a new tutorial.
                          My Works:

Comment

Originally posted by Sarr View Post
                            Update: So far the hotbar is finished, the system has been rewritten as a component with proper multiplayer support, there is also a function library to help you retrieve spell data, check costs, apply spell effects, I'm working on finishing spellbook, and then writing a new tutorial.
                            Looking forward to see the final result

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/vivanox/
                            Unreal Development Community Discord : https://discord.gg/FYFPpUZ
                            Unreal MMO Community Discord : https://discord.gg/G2HBDQk

Comment

Originally posted by Sarr View Post
                              How is all this coming along?

Comment

Update: Finally nearly finished,
                                -Instead of a tutorial, there is a demo map with a character with the system pre implemented with every called function commented.
                                -There is full multiplayer support and enforcement for core functions to execute on server and replicate the results correctly to the clients.
                                -The system has been rewritten to use a database to hold spell information (no more spell database actor with horrible arrays to edit).
                                -Fully functional Hotbar that shows a circular cooldown overlay as well as time in seconds for abilities, It can also be activated using the 1-0 keys on the keyboard (each number responding to a hotbar slot) or clicking with mouse.
                                -Simple spellbook that lets you drag and drop abilities onto the hot bar

This update will work on engine versions 4.10, 4.11, 4.12, and 4.13.

I plan to send the update for this system before end of the month, as well as carry on updating my other systems.. the character system has also been completely rewritten as a component and within next few weeks will be updated on the marketplace as well as 2 new systems, a simple targeting system, and a simple combat system, stay tuned !

(PS: The system is finished, and currently in hands of testers, basically waiting for their green light)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Sarr; 09-27-2016, 10:02 PM.
                                My Works:

Comment

Working...
                                X