No announcement yet.

The Spell Casting System in the Marketplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question, and I am sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but how many different spell animations are included within this package?
    ----
    Eric Kruger, DPT, CSCS | @EKrugerDPT | Research Gate Profile
    Doctor of Physical Therapy
    Graduate Student Psychology
    University of New Mexico
    ----

Comment

Animations? There's none. There's one or two basic particle effects, but no animations at all.

Comment

Oh okay so if I have to import whatever particle effects for the spells that I want to use. I am assuming it is pretty easy to do given all the tutorials, right?
        ----
        Eric Kruger, DPT, CSCS | @EKrugerDPT | Research Gate Profile
        Doctor of Physical Therapy
        Graduate Student Psychology
        University of New Mexico
        ----

Comment

Originally posted by grizfb75 View Post
          Oh okay so if I have to import whatever particle effects for the spells that I want to use. I am assuming it is pretty easy to do given all the tutorials, right?
          It's quite easy. There's a menu with a dropdown box in each spell that lets you assign any particle effect you have. However you'll have to either create those or get those from another pack.

Comment

I haven't been able to play around with this too much, but has anyone been able to apply gravity to the spell? I haven't found a way to make it no just a straight shot, but to arc towards the ground.

Comment

Gravity setting is dependant on the blueprint child of spell_Base which represents your spell visually, should be able to just set gravity there
              My Works:
              Inventory and Equipment System | S.M.C (Simple Multiplayer Chat) | Spell/Ability System | Character Attribute Progression System

Youtube | Website | Sellfy Page
              Fantasy 3rd-Person RPG , Skyland Of Arnythos

Comment

I purchased both the Spell Cast System and the Character Attribute System. Is there a tutorial anywhere that covers their implementation together?

Comment

Originally posted by Canthitcrap View Post
                  I purchased both the Spell Cast System and the Character Attribute System. Is there a tutorial anywhere that covers their implementation together?
                  this little tutorial series : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEyA...KUG6Wx&index=2
                  its out of date slightly but most of the things are the same and it shows how to use the character attribute system for mana calculation and explains how to deal with damage (using the character attribute system as well)
                  My Works:
                  Inventory and Equipment System | S.M.C (Simple Multiplayer Chat) | Spell/Ability System | Character Attribute Progression System

Comment

Does this works on 4.9.2 ? I can normally cast spells in Play in Editor mode but when I switch to standalone, when I want to cast spell nothing happens, no errors occur.

Comment

Originally posted by tazejin View Post
                      Does this works on 4.9.2 ? I can normally cast spells in Play in Editor mode but when I switch to standalone, when I want to cast spell nothing happens, no errors occur.
                      Thats odd, it should work, but ill look into it.
                      in mean time you could contact me via skype or steam (or here) and provide me with more details.
                      My Works:

Comment

Originally posted by Sarr View Post
                        Thats odd, it should work, but ill look into it.
                        in mean time you could contact me via skype or steam (or here) and provide me with more details.
                        It was odd, sorry man. I tried compiling and packing again and it works now. (but in standalone it still dont work, in PIE it does)

Comment

It was odd, sorry man. I tried compiling and packing again and it works now. (but in standalone it still dont work, in PIE it does)
                          I can confirm this being an issue, It fails to spawn the default spells (unsure why) in standalone mode, Ill do some more tests and as soon as I found out why, and how to solve it, I'll post an update here, and submit a fix on to the marketplace.
                          My Works:

Comment

Well good news, I managed to fix the error, it seem to be related to a circular dependency, the Spell Blueprints required the Spell Struct to compile, but the Spell Struct required the Spell Blueprints to compile, thus they both failed to compile (not sure why this wasnt issue previously, and not sure why it only happens in the Standalone mode)
                            The way I fixed this, was to move the spell blueprints from the "spell_struct" into a separate array in the "spell database" actor that follows the same indexing, (so now when you add a new spell, you don't specify its blueprint within the "Spells" array, but in "SpellsBlueprints" array, so SpellsBlueprint[0] represents the Blueprint for the spell in Spells[0] etc.)
                            I will update the in editor tutorial to reflect this correctly and submit an update for the system tonight.
                            My Works:

Comment

Originally posted by Sarr View Post
                              Well good news, I managed to fix the error, it seem to be related to a circular dependency, the Spell Blueprints required the Spell Struct to compile, but the Spell Struct required the Spell Blueprints to compile, thus they both failed to compile (not sure why this wasnt issue previously, and not sure why it only happens in the Standalone mode)
                              The way I fixed this, was to move the spell blueprints from the "spell_struct" into a separate array in the "spell database" actor that follows the same indexing, (so now when you add a new spell, you don't specify its blueprint within the "Spells" array, but in "SpellsBlueprints" array, so SpellsBlueprint[0] represents the Blueprint for the spell in Spells[0] etc.)
                              I will update the in editor tutorial to reflect this correctly and submit an update for the system tonight.
                              Thank you so much. This lead me to question, "What the hell is wrong with UE" Every mode works differently (PIE,Cook, Standalone)

Comment

Thank you so much. This lead me to question, "What the hell is wrong with UE" Every mode works differently (PIE,Cook, Standalone)
                                I have no idea, I also seen clients report bugs that no one else has, soooooo.....
                                half the time full recompile of all blueprints fixes it, sometimes it even breaks something. its as if UE has a mind of its own... <Insert AI conspiracy theory here>
                                My Works:

Comment

Working...
                                X