The Spell Casting System in the Marketplace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wielkiczarnyafgan View Post
    Hi ! I post it here for more people, who can encounter this issue. Looks like there is some kind of confilct between the Blueprint Inventory System and Spell System. When I have done all the steps from the latest tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_dyQNO9Sr0 , nothing happens when I start a game. Can somebody help me ?
    I recieve following error message and when I go into the details it sends me to a construct "Return Node" from Blueprint Inventory System.
    Hey there, first of all, if you are using the updated version of the system, then the tutorial is out of date, and you should follow the tutorial within the asset pack itself.

Second of all from the picture it seems that your "Event Begin Play Spell System" never gets called (unless you call it manually yourself)

Also Spell System would only be invalid if it fails to compile, or if your construction script is setup wrongly (which if you follow the video tutorial and use the updated version of the system would be)
    My Works:
    Inventory and Equipment System | S.M.C (Simple Multiplayer Chat) | Spell/Ability System | Character Attribute Progression System

Youtube | Website | Sellfy Page
    Fantasy 3rd-Person RPG , Skyland Of Arnythos

Comment

Ok, thanks - I will try once again with the tutorial within the asset pack.
      Cheers!

Comment

Hi Sarr! I have another question: I have learned to give character effects, they work, but they are still in the array even after their operation is over, and the actors will be destroyed.
        How can I define the command to remove yourself from the array after completing his actions?

Comment

assuming you implemented the interface, the effect should remove itself from the array once its finished.
          Otherwise you could check if the effect has been active longer than its duration, and then remove it
          My Works:
          Inventory and Equipment System | S.M.C (Simple Multiplayer Chat) | Spell/Ability System | Character Attribute Progression System

Comment

Hi Sarr,

I am currently trying to use your pack to make both my character and my pawns to cast spells as soon as they are in range,
            I am very new to unreal and I am just trying to figure out how it works using your in-engine tutorial.

Would it be possible to write a small description on how AI pawns can use your spell system?

Comment

Sorry for the late reply I've been really busy,
              you would need to add the spell system to the AI pawn just like you add it to a character, except that instead of key events triggering the changing and casting of spells, you would have an AI function that would select a spell and Cast it.
              My Works:

Comment

If anyone is thinking of getting this, do! its so advanced i have managed to for testing purposes recreate the WoW casting and spell system with very few additions to Adam's system. after only a week of messing with ue4
                Adam is also very quick to help you out via skype as i found out ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Sarr View Post
                  Q: How do I cast a specific spell instead of having to use select next and select previous.
                  A: Set the current spell variable prior to calling Cast, http://i.imgur.com/3Q7jewu.png
                  tried this option, but is not working

any ideas?

Comment

Hey Sarr thank you for the amazing system I'm really loving the flexibility you built into it. I'm currently trying to implement this into the VR template character but for some reason I'm getting an accessed non error that doesn't allow the spell to show in the headset or in StandAlone Game. Here is where I get the accessed none error.Click image for larger version

Name:	SpellRelease Accessed none.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	1075157

Do you think it could be an interference with the VR Template bp?

EDIT: So I unhooked the logic for all animMesh variables and got the accessed none to go away so I think that was just needing an anim instance to reference to but I still have a problem with it not working in standalone game which is apparently a bug with 4.7 (a bug was filed 9 days ago) so all is good.
                    Last edited by LuisPsoih; 04-26-2015, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Considering purchasing this, but just have a couple of quick questions if you would be so awesome:

1) Is this now fully multiplayer-compatible out-of-the-box?

2) How difficult do you think it might be to integrate this with CodeSpartan's MMO kit?

3) Is this designed in a way that is network and graphics-friendly scaling up to hundreds of players? Or would you only recommend this for small-scale multiplayer use?

Comment

Hi Verid,

I don't have make all tests but this spell system work well with CodeSpartan MMO kit. Atm i only have somes problems for integrate the spell windows and to drag spell on the hotbar.

Comment

Can anyone spot the cause of the issue based on this section?
                          I think the spell system is not providing something that it should be, but I really don't know the setup of this system.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	PkGvBoX.png
Views:	1
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	1081390
                          http://i.imgur.com/PkGvBoX.png

Comment

You are missing the set spell part.
                            Check out my fighting component https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ting-Component

Comment

Thanks, I put a set spell in the place it said in the tutorial thing, but il try it again

Comment

if you still have issues, feel free to hit me up on skype(sarr_50) or steam (sarr_50) where I can help you better.
                                My Works:

Comment

Working...
                                X