Country Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I think they should just merge this and the lakeside cabin packs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That anti-air artillery really has a way of sneaking up on you, doesn't it? :-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jwatte View Post
    I also bought it in the sale. For fifty bucks, I honestly don't expect AAA quality, as even a cheap outsourcing house will easily charge $500 for a single mesh, and high-end on-shore houses can go 10x that.
    They can't be selling thosuands of these to make up for that difference, so I think it's a reasonable product. Just like everything on the marketplace -- it's much better than gray boxes, but if you want to compare to a 20-million-budget run-of-the-mill AAA game, then you have to pay 20 million dollars...
    I agree with your sentiment in general, but I think you are exaggerating somewhat if you are implying that to get this scene in AAA quality would cost 20 million dollars. Even $500 for a house of the quality shown here would be a bit steep, unless maybe the textures had some detail to them, you could go inside and there were items of furniture. Also, advanced materials have been available in this engine since the first public release and I don't see any valuable use of them in this pack.

(I have said 'AAA' far too many times now but... just once more...), I didn't make any comparison to AAA games with 20 million budgets, I merely referred to language used in the adverts, on various websites, claiming this was an AAA quality pack when it clearly isn't. I din't expect it either because before I purchased it I had watched the videos, seen screenshots and obviously, saw the price. (Darn it, I said AAA twice... now I've said it again.)
    Last edited by DaddyWio; 10-06-2015, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also bought it in the sale. For fifty bucks, I honestly don't expect AAA quality, as even a cheap outsourcing house will easily charge $500 for a single mesh, and high-end on-shore houses can go 10x that.
    They can't be selling thosuands of these to make up for that difference, so I think it's a reasonable product. Just like everything on the marketplace -- it's much better than gray boxes, but if you want to compare to a 20-million-budget run-of-the-mill AAA game, then you have to pay 20 million dollars...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Drogsterfloggy View Post
    Thanks for offering a refund but there really is no need. I can't argue with the price I got the assets for (in the sale), my problem was that the assets aren't of a very high standard when close up. This may be fine for some people's needs but, from the various blurbs that are written to sell the pack, I expected more. I have read the reviews and seen the pack on your website, the unity store and here. I agree that there seem to be some positive things said about the pack but I have to disagree with some, if not most, of it.

I appreciate the effort that goes in to making 3D models and textures as I have been at it for over 20 years in one form or another. You at least deserve something for your efforts and luckily I can afford it at the moment, I just don't want people thinking that this pack is the answer to their AAA foliage needs, it is very much not.
    I actually fully agree with most of what you've said this thread. This particular pack wasn't worth the price tag.
    Overall the quality of the packs from these guys are quite awesome though and is usually getting better. I too bought this on sale which is also why I didn't ask for a refund. I keep looking to use it somewhere but I can never seem to bring myself to do it. I think I'll use the demo scene in a demo maybe for clips or something to just have used it but generally I think the foliage in some of their other packs that aren't nature oriented looks better and the house in this pack is just terrible in terms of functionality and even look as you get closer. The main reason i picked it up was (even though it didnt say) I was hoping that in V2 of this pack and I'm actually reallllly surprised they didn't at the very least include the modular cabin from lakeside pack to make up for the house mesh in this one. I still think this should be included for those that spent money on this pack rather than offer refunds.

That said, the post apoc pack is quite nice, some of the lakeside assets are an improvement over the ones here and I've noticed many seem to get reused in packs (which is fine), but i've bought most of these guys packs here or direct so I've seen the large range of meshes as well as quality within and between them. Feedback like this is important as I really like the types of work these guys do and want them to continue doing it, but also to continue to get better as they do. The upcoming docks pack so far looks underwhelming to me, mostly the boats in the water look a bit fake or cartoony. But its still a WIP and I'm looking for more modern looking stuff so I probably wont pick that docks one up, but hopefully it's good and theres some good feedback from others on it. They tend to listen to feedback from their customers which is another reason I like to support them, we now have enter-able modular structures, cant wait til we have modern buildings and houses with that as well!

I will also add that all of their assets are pretty 'light-weight' in terms of performance and also even though I mostly disable auto LOD, there's generally multiple LOD for foliage and stuff if needed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spahr View Post
    Thank you for all the feedback and I'm sorry you feel this way about the pack. We felt we made huge improvements since the last version and have gotten great feedback on this pack so far. In the end, it's up to the buyers expectation to decide what pack they consider is great or not. Please send us an email at support@polypixel3d.com and I'll get you refunded on it.
    Thanks for offering a refund but there really is no need. I can't argue with the price I got the assets for (in the sale), my problem was that the assets aren't of a very high standard when close up. This may be fine for some people's needs but, from the various blurbs that are written to sell the pack, I expected more. I have read the reviews and seen the pack on your website, the unity store and here. I agree that there seem to be some positive things said about the pack but I have to disagree with some, if not most, of it.

I appreciate the effort that goes in to making 3D models and textures as I have been at it for over 20 years in one form or another. You at least deserve something for your efforts and luckily I can afford it at the moment, I just don't want people thinking that this pack is the answer to their AAA foliage needs, it is very much not.
    Last edited by DaddyWio; 10-06-2015, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is definitely not an AAA asset pack. Maybe it was in 2008 but, for today's standards, the models are poor. I am glad I bought it in the sale.
    Thank you for all the feedback and I'm sorry you feel this way about the pack. We felt we made huge improvements since the last version and have gotten great feedback on this pack so far. In the end, it's up to the buyers expectation to decide what pack they consider is great or not. Please send us an email at support@polypixel3d.com and I'll get you refunded on it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No you cannot.
    Thanks for the answer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BardicKnowledge View Post
    Can you walk into the cabin?
    No you cannot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can you walk into the cabin?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is definitely not an AAA asset pack. Maybe it was in 2008 but, for today's standards, the models are poor. I am glad I bought it in the sale. The tree wind on most of the trees is terrible and the leaves seem to spin one way then back the other way, in a very short cycle, that isn't obvious from the video.
    The textures on the tree bark are actually quite laughable to say this is advertised as an AAA asset pack, I see that it isn't referred to as AAA in most of the places it is advertised now but it was originally.
    A few more things... the stone walls have very bad seams, the water is poor and the landscape textures have no set up for hiding the tiling effect. Maybe this pack would be ok for mobiles.
    I was really looking forward to the medieval village pack but I will need some evidence that the close up quality is better than this.

Also, why are there no comments allowed on the marketplace? I have bought a few things off the marketplace now and I must say, I have been very disappointed with the quality.
    I bought a materials pack which was nothing more than a blueprint for making tessellated materials, the textures were unusable. I also bought another nature based pack which was very amateur in style and quality.

I am always too nice on forums and try and find a roundabout way of signalling my disappointment, well I have just broken the mould.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's a package breakdown to show what's new and how things work in the pack

A short promotional video

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by howelaw View Post
    Looks great when will it be released?
    It's been submitted to the marketplace for review. Should be updated shortly

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Couldn't help but notice that you guys made no mention of the building dominating the background. Was dying to hear you say you had made it modular like the country cabin piece you're working on. Is it still a prefab or has there also been some work done on it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Heres our latest breakdown of the latest Country Side update. The files have been sent off to Epic, so it should be up any day now. It was a bit of an overhaul on the entire pack, so if you were using the old stuff, dont worry, we didnt delete anything. A lot of the newer stuff is brand new assets, and we put the older assets off into a legacy folder.

https://youtu.be/eOnPZ5dCIc4

Leave a comment:

Working...
X